Brian Westbrook Lobbying for Position on Coaching Staff

time2rock

Just now, time2rock said:

Old number 36 is interested in joining Sirianni’s coaching staff (presumably to fill the hole left upon Staley’s departure as RB coach).  

https://heavy.com/sports/philadelphia-eagles/eagles-great-lobbying-hard-for-assistant-coaching-job/

I say do it. I think he'd command respect in that room and I think could be a good hire.

• Like 2

I'm always cautious with immensely talented players turning into coaches.  Sometimes they just can't comprehend why players struggle with things that came easy to them.

• Like 8

Westbrook was on the Lefkoe show talking about how vets on the team should find a way off because of the press conference, now he wants to join the coaching staff? 

To be honest I'm not much a fan of media guy Brian Westbrook.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I'm always cautious with immensely talented players turning into coaches.  Sometimes they just can't comprehend why players struggle with things that came easy to them.

Yea. It’s better to get players that had to think more than rely on raw natural talent. 

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

What's Corell Buckhalter up to these days?

Reno Mahe could use a new gig. 

12 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Weed.  I’m going with weed.  :smoke:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Yea. It’s better to get players that had to think more than rely on raw natural talent. 

Reno Mahe could use a new gig. 

Fair catch coordinator who can tutor Greg Ward. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, NOTW said:

He would make a great coach simply based on all the adversity he overcame. A solid leader of men.

• Like 1

Well we still havent hired a RB coach. How old is he? He might be too old at 41 years old for this group.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I loved him as a player (as I guess all of us did), but I'm not a fan of his takes on social media. Too much negativity IMO. 

I'm not against him interning if he wants to get his feet wet in the coaching ranks.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I'm not against him interning if he wants to get his feet wet in the coaching ranks.

Thanks for the endorsement

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Thanks for the endorsement

I got your back man!

Wink And Point GIFs | Tenor

• Thanks 1

Can he still do punt returns? Can he help anyway surplant the one and only Greg ward? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Either smoking weed on South Street or blowing out his knee again. 

32 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Can he still do punt returns? Can he help anyway surplant the one and only Greg ward? 

Seriously why didn’t they even try to use Quez Watkins there? He could have accidentally been better than Ward or Scott on special teams. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Seriously why didn’t they even try to use Quez Watkins there? He could have accidentally been better than Ward or Scott on special teams. 

That’s what I didn’t get. They could’ve use Watkins as a returner. He did it in college so it’s not anything new to him. And he’s not Reagor who was playing a ton of snaps at WR. It feels like since Sproles got hurt in 2017 the Eagles have had no adequate replacement. It winds up becoming an issue in terms of field position. We forget but in the postseason where they won the Super Bowl it nearly cost them because of a muffed punt in the Atlanta game

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 8:04 PM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That’s what I didn’t get. They could’ve use Watkins as a returner. He did it in college so it’s not anything new to him. And he’s not Reagor who was playing a ton of snaps at WR. It feels like since Sproles got hurt in 2017 the Eagles have had no adequate replacement. It winds up becoming an issue in terms of field position. We forget but in the postseason where they won the Super Bowl it nearly cost them because of a muffed punt in the Atlanta game

I get why they weren’t as high on Reagor doing it. Even though he showed explosiveness he also has a couple muffs and he was trying to learn  how to be an NFL receiver so I get it. Hightower could have also been given a chance too. They drafted all this speed, but they seemed like they were afraid to use any of it. Boston Scott was so bad... He constantly brought the ball out and consistently failed to get any further than the 20. Ward not really knowing when to field the catch too. It was an overall bad group last season. I might pull my hair out if I see Scott and Ward in the same roles on special teams next season. 

• Like 2

Westbrook was soft, if you want a roster full of soft RBs then give him the job........players take on the personality of their coaches.

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I get why they weren’t as high on Reagor doing it. Even though he showed explosiveness he also has a couple muffs and he was trying to lean how to be an NFL receiver so I get it. Hightower could have also been given a chance too. They drafted all this speed, but they seemed like they were afraid to use any of it. Boston Scott was so bad... He constantly brought the ball out and consistently failed to get any further than the 20. Ward not really knowing when to field the catch too. It was an overall bad group last season. I might pull my hair out if I see Scott and Ward in the same roles on special teams next season. 

I am fine with Scott on kick off‘s basically because kick off‘s are becoming obsolete. However he needs to know when to actually return it and went to just take the knee. Because it was way too many times this year he try to make a big return and they wound up starting inside their 20 because he just didn’t take a knee. 

The problem with Reagor and them not using him as a pr is part of the reasoning for taking him over Justin Jefferson was because of his special teams return ability. You can’t gloat and be praising it like you’re going to use that to your advantage and put it in the equation. Then say we don’t wanna do it because he’s learning the wide receiver position. Then you shouldn’t of put that in the equation when you were comparing Justin Jefferson and him at pick 20 if you weren’t planning on using him because he was going to focus more on wide receiver. And they had a know he was gonna be more focused on learning that position as he wasn’t as polished as other wide receivers in the draft and they were relying on an injury prone wide receiver and he Was going to get immediate playing time at wide receiver considering what they had

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Westbrook was soft, if you want a roster full of soft RBs then give him the job........players take on the personality of their coaches.

Your hot takes are mainly hot turds. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Westbrook was injured easily, but that’s a characteristic of durability, not his personality. It isn’t like making Westbrook a coach makes players easily injured. 

43 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Westbrook was injured easily, but that’s a characteristic of durability, not his personality. It isn’t like making Westbrook a coach makes players easily injured. 

He played through a lot of that sheet too. Even the concussions. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He played through a lot of that sheet too. Even the concussions. 

Yeah. Westbrook wasn’t the most durable guy, but he was one of our most well rounded backs in recent memory. Excellent RB, great receiver, and good blocker. 

Plus, he was a good punt returner too when needed. Now obviously, none of this ensures he’ll be a great coach, just like BDawk is not certain to be a great coach, (if he ever chooses that path), but both seem like the type I’d be willing to allow to work their way up if they decide coaching is in their future. 

• Like 1