Brian Westbrook Lobbying for Position on Coaching Staff

time2rock

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I remember that - it was the game against Dallas in 2007.  I don't think that is the game VA is referencing - seems he is referring to a game where Westbrook should have scored and went OOB to avoid a hit.  

He is, and it was so impressed on his psyche, that he can’t even remember an important detail like what game it was or when. 

On 2/2/2021 at 4:26 PM, ShutDownDB said:

Westbrook was on the Lefkoe show talking about how vets on the team should find a way off because of the press conference, now he wants to join the coaching staff? 

To be honest I'm not much a fan of media guy Brian Westbrook.

I was going to mentioned the same interview. Crazy now wants to be part of staff?

On 2/4/2021 at 11:45 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Only game I can think of that is anywhere close to what  happened, was when westbrook broke free and laid down at the 1 to help ice a game. Id have to open my eyes to fully understand it 

Yeah that was to run out clock and secure the win, and Runyan was yelling at him to go down and not score.  It was lauded as a smart play to secure the win.

From what I recall, Westbrook was always a smart player and at times he was like the only weapon McNabb had.  Seems weird to complain about his playing performance.

43 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Yeah that was to run out clock and secure the win, and I forget which veteran lineman but he was yelling at him to go down and not score.  It was lauded as a smart play to secure the win.

From what I recall, Westbrook was always a smart player and at times he was like the only weapon McNabb had.  Seems weird to complain about his playing performance.

Jon Runyan

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Yeah that was to run out clock and secure the win, and I forget which veteran lineman but he was yelling at him to go down and not score.  It was lauded as a smart play to secure the win.

From what I recall, Westbrook was always a smart player and at times he was like the only weapon McNabb had. Seems weird to complain about his playing performance.Seems weird to complain about his playing performance.Seems weird to complain about his playing performance.

Well.... Lol

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Runyan

• Like 1

There's a 10 year position available with limited career growth opportunities previously occupied by another former Eagles RB.

• Haha 5

On 2/3/2021 at 8:11 AM, philafan4o8 said:

Westbrook probably won’t get the job because he has been critical of Lurie, Roseman, and the organization on national TV.

That'll do it. Plus, if he is had a passion for coaching, why didn't he start years ago? Because it wasn't a passion. I want a person with built in passion for that position. Westy must not be getting a ton of media work or something.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 5:22 PM, NOTW said:

What's Corell Buckhalter up to these days?

I think you’re thinking of cordell buckwalter

• Haha 1

Bring him on.  He is a fan favorite and at this point what will it hurt?  You gotta gain experience sometime.

He responded to my comment on his Titter page. He didn't like that I said the Eagles snubbed him for the RB position. I meant it in a good way- that I was on his side, lol. He took it the wrong way. Texting/social media... sometimes when you type something, people take it a very different way. It's definitely not like talking to each other, that's for sure!

55 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

He responded to my comment on his Titter page. He didn't like that I said the Eagles snubbed him for the RB position. I meant it in a good way- that I was on his side, lol. He took it the wrong way. Texting/social media... sometimes when you type something, people take it a very different way. It's definitely not like talking to each other, that's for sure!

So posting something on social media could be misconstrued and even cause someone to be upset?

89f07284ba51e1fa-52-magical-facts-about-

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

So posting something on social media could be misconstrued and even cause someone to be upset?

Obviously you never post things on social media in a way that no one would ever take what you posted out of context..... 

On 2/4/2021 at 1:52 PM, LacesOut said:

If this happens, then Seth Joyner should 100% join the staff as LB Coach.

I'm surprised he doesn't get any offers from teams since he does want to get into coaching and seems to me he displays the qualities to be at least a positional coach. 

9 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'm surprised he doesn't get any offers from teams since he does want to get into coaching and seems to me he displays the qualities to be at least a positional coach. 

I only see articles from 4-5 years ago that he considered coaching I haven't seen anything lately other then blasting the eagles coaches. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

I only see articles from 4-5 years ago that he considered coaching I haven't seen anything lately other then blasting the eagles coaches. 

R Diddy has frequently mentioned over the yeara on his WIP weekend show that Seth wants to coach one day and that he would be a great coach. 

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

R Diddy has frequently mentioned over the yeara on his WIP weekend show that Seth wants to coach one day and that he would be a great coach. 

Ahh ok I didn't see those. I wouldn't doubt he could be a good coach. I don't think he will get in with the eagles though. Can't imagine they would want him on their coaching staff if he is blasting them all the time no matter how right he might be. I'd imagine there is some ass kissing that needs to be done to get on a staff especially if it's the team you are criticizing on tv after every game. 

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

That's pretty funny, except maybe you could have used something that didn't take up an entire 27" computer screen...

Westbrook had a unique elusiveness you just don’t see all the time. Kamara in the open field reminds me of Westbrook when I see him.

He’s a nova guy so certainly smart enough to be a coach. I like that he speaks the truth about the organization and their flaws. 

However if I’m Sirianni I really just want a clean slate and new guys, don’t need random dudes from past regimes around whether it be players or coaches. 

42 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

That's pretty funny, except maybe you could have used something that didn't take up an entire 27" computer screen...

Looks fine on mobile sorry :sad: