Defense Wins Championships

wtfcares

22 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

That was actually a really good, really well coached Eagles team. I think we gave a bit too much credit to Wentz and Foles at the time. They did play really well, but they had a dominant O-Line and very good skill players. Well balanced team.

Also have to think about what happened outside of the conference. From my recollection a HOF QB went down that year that works for State Farm. A little fortune helps.

I have been saying this for years.  A good defense beats a good offense almost every time.  I think the Eagles have the d line to compete but lately it has been the LBs and the DBs that let them down.  If they can shore up the coverage the d could be scary good.

If we go defense in the 1st we should trade back. I see the value of shoring up the weaknesses on defense, but I dont see any players that I really feel comfortable with at 6 (outside of Parsons, and we dont value LBs). I get the argument against the shiny new toy or weapon for the offense, totally valid.

But I also have as selfish desire to be entertained during the rebuild... an elite receiver makes that possible. 

Trade back and pick up more picks is the right move, IMO.  Need all the picks to acquire young talents to fill in the holes on defense and offense.  To be honest, this team is not ready to contest for high honors.  Get the young players in and let them develop and lay a solid foundation for championship runs in the ensuing seasons.

Trading the players whose better playing days are behind them will also bring in some picks too.