State of the Roster: Which Players Do You Consider to be "Building Blocks"

time2rock

We talking offense or defense or both?  If we are talking both I would say Sanders for sure on offense and hopefully Reagor.  Defensively I really liked what I saw from Singleton last year and Sweat has flashed potential in his very little playing time.

On 3/4/2021 at 9:14 AM, xxeaglesfanxx said:

We talking offense or defense or both?  If we are talking both I would say Sanders for sure on offense and hopefully Reagor.  Defensively I really liked what I saw from Singleton last year and Sweat has flashed potential in his very little playing time.

In a sense I would consider all the guys you mentioned as having potential, but I don’t know if I would consider them building blocks. Take Sanders for example. He’s a guy who flashes explosiveness, but he’s also shown at time to have durability issues, fumble issues, and concentration issues. People were clamoring for the Eagles to run the ball 100 times a game, (in a passing league) but is this guy really the guy to do that? Reagor is a question mark, but he’s coming off a rookie season so he could potentially be better. Still not sure if I would call him a building block though. Overall even the young players on this squad make you feel like if there is a better option available I would consider it. I do like all the guys you mentioned as potential players, but I’m not ready to call any of them players to build around. 

Without a QB, the foundation of any team is highly compromised.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 10:18 AM, EazyEaglez said:

In a sense I would consider all the guys you mentioned as having potential, but I don’t know if I would consider them building blocks. Take Sanders for example. He’s a guy who flashes explosiveness, but he’s also shown at time to have durability issues, fumble issues, and concentration issues. People were clamoring for the Eagles to run the ball 100 times a game, (in a passing league) but is this guy really the guy to do that? Reagor is a question mark, but he’s coming off a rookie season so he could potentially be better. Still not sure if I would call him a building block though. Overall even the young players on this squad make you feel like if there is a better option available I would consider it. I do like all the guys you mentioned as potential players, but I’m not ready to call any of them players to build around. 

Plus you don't build a team around running backs and WRs. 

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Plus you don't build a team around running backs and WRs. 

I think it starts with the lines and then to the quarterback. A good offensive and defensive line improves most of the positions around them. 

Kyle Pitts will be a building block. 

• Like 1

Just now, Outlaw said:

Kyle Pitts will be a building block. 

He and Chase are 1a and 1b on my wish list.  But knowing Howie, they could both be there and he will draft an OL or DL (even if their overall ranking is considerably lower than Chase or Pitts) simply because he chooses to blindly stick to his philosophy of building through the trenches, with highest priority given to the lines (and QB obviously).  I am prepared to be completely disappointed next month.  

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

He and Chase are 1a and 1b on my wish list.  But knowing Howie, they could both be there and he will draft an OL or DL (even if their overall ranking is considerably lower than Chase or Pitts) simply because he chooses to blindly stick to his philosophy of building through the trenches, with highest priority given to the lines (and QB obviously).  I am prepared to be completely disappointed next month.  

I am the same just flip flopped. Pitts is my top choice and Chase is my 1B. Lot of WR depth this year in R2/3 (Toney, Bateman, Marshall, Wallace, etc) but the difference between Pitts and the #2 TE is a chasm. With Goedert a FA after next year, and a head coach coming from an offense that utilized 2-3 TE’s at a decent rate, Pitts will make an immediate impact here. 

Just now, Outlaw said:

I am the same just flip flopped. Pitts is my top choice and Chase is my 1B. Lot of WR depth this year in R2/3 (Toney, Bateman, Marshall, Wallace, etc) but the difference between Pitts and the #2 TE is a chasm. With Goedert a FA after next year, and a head coach coming from an offense that utilized 2-3 TE’s at a decent rate, Pitts will make an immediate impact here. 

You don't need to sell me on him bro.  My response was more focused toward being prepared to be disappointed with who Howie takes.  Pitts and Chase will be there for the taking and he'll take Paye or Darrisaw and have most of us ready to drive down to the NCC with pitchforks in hand.  

• Like 1