Who is the Eagles next Franchise QB?

dsryan24

Who is the Eagles QB of the future?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the QB of the future be for the Eagles? Is he on the roster?

• Jalen Hurts
    • Justin Fields
    • Zach Wilson
    • Mac Jones
    • Trey Lance
    • 2022 NFL Draft QB

If we trade upto #2, it will be Wilson. If we stay at #6, it will be Lance.

Anybody who thinks Howie will not draft a QB at 6 or higher is completely delusional.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

If we trade upto #2, it will be Wilson. If we stay at #6, it will be Lance.

Anybody who thinks Howie will not draft a QB at 6 or higher is completely delusional.

Well, we are a QB factory, why wouldn’t we take a QB...

None of these QBs are worth it.  Rather they play Hurts.

Why not build your team the next couple years.  Add some playmakers, improve the O-line and then sign Rodgers when GB dumps him.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't think it'll even happen in 2022

They aren't easy to find and with Howie running things I'm not sure we'll see another one

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Don't think it'll even happen in 2022

They aren't easy to find and with Howie running things I'm not sure we'll see another one

You're probably right. Thing is as well they shouldn't force things if they aren't sure on a guy.

9 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

None of these QBs are worth it.  Rather they play Hurts.

Why not build your team the next couple years.  Add some playmakers, improve the O-line and then sign Rodgers when GB dumps him.  

Hmmmm.  That strategy worked well for TB.  I can't say I hate it.  Definitely one route to consider.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Hmmmm.  That strategy worked well for TB.  I can't say I hate it.  Definitely one route to consider.  

This would be one of those copy the super bowl winners strategy I would like no parts of. 

The odds of that happening again are not great plus I doubt a 40 yr old rodgers would want to waste whatever he has left on the Eagles. 

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

This would be one of those copy the super bowl winners strategy I would like no parts of. 

The odds of that happening again are not great plus I doubt a 40 yr old rodgers would want to waste whatever he has left on the Eagles. 

As great a QB as he is, he also doesn't seem to play his best ball the further in the playoffs he goes.

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

As great a QB as he is, he also doesn't seem to play his best ball the further in the playoffs he goes.

This is also true. Plus this strategy only works for just a QB away teams. We have no idea when they will be just a QB away, my guess it won't be anytime soon. 

I guess I shouldn't say the odds are not great, because it's happened plenty of times... Just not something I would try to do intentionally. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

This is also true. Plus this strategy only works for just a QB away teams. We have no idea when they will be just a QB away, my guess it won't be anytime soon. 

I guess I shouldn't say the odds are not great, because it's happened plenty of times... Just not something I would try to do intentionally. 

Absolutely agree.

15 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

9 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Absolutely agree.

OK you both changed my mind :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

You are welcome! Not often you can change a mind around here lol. I'll always remember this moment! 😁

• Haha 2

Hopefully it's Hurts and they rebuild the trenches first. I think you can win with mediocre skill players (and one or two playmakers) so long as your trenches are strong. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JohnB said:

Hopefully it's Hurts and they rebuild the trenches first. I think you can win with mediocre skill players (and one or two playmakers) so long as your trenches are strong. 

Agreed to many are so focused on the big playmaking receiver. The have to make sure they are good on the oline or that fancy receiver is going to be usless. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

21 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

37 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Yeah agreed - Brady and Tampa Bay worked out at the perfect time. That Bucs team was absolutely loaded and we aren't close to that yet. I suspect us and Rodgers would be more like the Colts and Rivers (Rodgers is better than Rivers, but we are not as rounded as the Colts yet).

Plus Brady is a one off. So hard to win a Super Bowl, even with a top 5 QB.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnB said:

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Agreed to many are so focused on the big playmaking receiver. The have to make sure they are good on the oline or that fancy receiver is going to be usless. 

Agreed completely, I've been saying this for ages.

People are fixated about these receivers who put up big numbers and highlight reel catches. But they can be taken away and even when they are not, they are rarely a key part of a Super Bowl team. Hopkins is probably the best receiver in the league. He didn't put Arizona over the top. Justin Jefferson was incredible. The Vikings didn't make the playoffs. How many playoff wins did TO have? 

Line is critical. That being said, I'm reasonably optimistic about what we have. We look deep at tackle. Definitely need to add interior talent though given Brooks injury history and Kelce's impending retirement.

1 minute ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Agreed completely, I've been saying this for ages.

People are fixated about these receivers who put up big numbers and highlight reel catches. But they can be taken away and even when they are not, they are rarely a key part of a Super Bowl team. Hopkins is probably the best receiver in the league. He didn't put Arizona over the top. Justin Jefferson was incredible. The Vikings didn't make the playoffs. How many playoff wins did TO have? 

Line is critical. That being said, I'm reasonably optimistic about what we have. We look deep at tackle. Definitely need to add interior talent though given Brooks injury history and Kelce's impending retirement.

Deshaun Watson had his best year statistically without Hopkins to drive that point home a little further. Even if the oline was great I would still rather have good to great weapons at all 3 skill positions then just one elite Receiver. 

Another example is Antonio Brown was once the greatest receiver in the league didn't win squat. Gets on a team with multiple weapons at every position and now he is a super bowl champ cause defenses can't focus on one player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Yeah agreed - Brady and Tampa Bay worked out at the perfect time. That Bucs team was absolutely loaded and we aren't close to that yet. I suspect us and Rodgers would be more like the Colts and Rivers (Rodgers is better than Rivers, but we are not as rounded as the Colts yet).

Plus Brady is a one off. So hard to win a Super Bowl, even with a top 5 QB.

At this point we can say Brady is different from any other QB to ever play in the NFL, he changes teams just by his presence. The will to win, everyone wanting to play their best, and the confidence he instills in his teammates is remarkable.  Just like his career.  

BDN beats Brady in the SB, Brady runs off the field w/o shaking hands, this past season BDN beats him again with the Bears, and Foles is left walking around the the field like a lost puppy for 10 minutes, asked after the game and BDN is like "aw shucks man, me and Tom will have a laugh about it years later.”  Brady disrespected Foles and that’s the best comeback BDN has for him, dude has mind control over the whole league. 

https://www.insider.com/video-peyton-manning-tom-brady-the-match-nick-foles-caddy-2020-5?amp

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

I was semi being sarcastic but I'd still love to have Rodgers as the QB, even in 2 years.

I'd rather they not use a 1st on QB this year. I'm not even sold on Lawrence to be honest.  If they hadn't used a 2nd on Hurts last year then OK but he's here, you used a high pick on him, Wentz is gone, lets see what he has.

• Like 1