Kelce Announces He’ll Be Back in 2021

time2rock

Great news indeed! I'm happy to see him back, one of my favorites ever.

As I've said before, the OL could be a strength again after last year's disaster. There's tons of depth.  

• Like 1

I was hoping Kelce would be back. I do hope, however, that they groom a center to take over in 2022. I'd hate for the team to not have a backup plan.

• Like 1

Love the guy, but does it really matter for this pitiful team at this point? Maybe, as alluded to above, he could be useful in grooming the center of the future, if there is one.

2 hours ago, Big___Al said:

Love the guy, but does it really matter for this pitiful team at this point? Maybe, as alluded to above, he could be useful in grooming the center of the future, if there is one.

He is as smart as OCs come, so that could really help with Hurts' development (helping his reading defenses, calling protections, etc.).  

I love Kelce, and glad for his leadership to be here to help the young guys.  I'm surprised, I thought he might bail since it's a rebuild.  

• Like 1

If the OL and DL stay healthy and become dominant again, people will be surprised how good even this weak on paper team is. 

• Like 1

Honestly, this is the best news of the whole offseason....and its not close.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

If the OL and DL stay healthy and become dominant again, people will be surprised how good even this weak on paper team is. 

A simply healthier team would be a massive improvement, but we still have to deal with the massive amount of cuts necessary to get within the cap.

• Like 1

Hmm but I thought he was going to retire because his bestie left town? 🤔

WOO HOO! Great news!!

Perhaps he knows things we don't and feels good about the team's direction?

He also got the vaccine? What's his pre existing condition?

2 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

He also got the vaccine? What's his pre existing condition?

Legend

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Looks like his cap hit will not be reduced (relative to what it was before the new deal).  His cap hit before was $8.4M for 2021.  Good to see we are taking care of our own, even with the crappy cap situation we are in.  

• Like 1

Awesome one of the greatest Eagles ever 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Looks like his cap hit will not be reduced (relative to what it was before the new deal).  His cap hit before was $8.4M for 2021.  Good to see we are taking care of our own, even with the crappy cap situation we are in.  

It is, they added more dummy years to spread it out

image.png.eb32c0e0aadd80a4ba3c43b87e15f23d.png

• Thanks 1

I'm glad he's coming back, all credit to him and means we don't need to necessarily worry about C this year. That said... For Kelce I'd like to see him be traded somewhere like KC. Go play with his brother and for one of the best teams in the NFL. Go try win another ring. 

Glad that he stays for another season.  The corner-stone of the OL and in the locker room.  He also gave a good account of the OL players.   The vets are returning from injuries.  The young guys got to play some last season and gained game experience.  I thought they are still green and unproven.  But Kelce's endorsement on the young ones sounds encouraging.

51 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It is, they added more dummy years to spread it out

image.png.eb32c0e0aadd80a4ba3c43b87e15f23d.png

Awesome, thanks.  

36 minutes ago, NOTW said:

FB_IMG_1614978787774.jpg

FB_IMG_1614978790593.jpg

That lower image from Wolf of Wall Street?

Kelce can be an Eagle for life, as far as I'm concerned. For any detractors, in the immortal words of Mr. Kelce, "F*** "EM!!!"