TATE first round draft reaction

ManchesterEagle

On 4/11/2021 at 10:50 AM, ManchesterEagle said:

TATERfury - Farley, Paye,  Newsome, Trade down

All talented players at positions of need (yes DE is a position of need given BG's age and uncertainty regarding Barnett and Sweat). Newsome and Paye would be reaches here. Farley is possibly the most talented CB in the draft, but his injury history and back problems make him a real risk at 12. Lots of anger and (probably fair) comments on Howie getting cute again at the wrong time. A trade down may happen if for example both corners go and they aren't in love with whoever else is left. This would also cause understandable anger, although the added picks would prevent the below.

TATERmeh - Farely, Paye, Trade Down (Honestly trade down might be TATERppointment if a guy we value is not there.

1 hour ago, QBhunter58 said:

TATERmeh - Farely, Paye, Trade Down (Honestly trade down might be TATERppointment if a guy we value is not there.

Hmm - I see you point, but I still think it would be fury. Either we trade down, with players that most of the board wants sitting there (Waddle, Smith, Surtain, Horn etc) - TATERfury.

Or all those players are gone and it will go back to Howie having made a huge mistake for making the trade in the first place - still TATERfury.

Now it could turn back the other way, if for example we move down 3 spots and still land Horn, Smith etc. But otherwise - definitely TATERfury

On 4/11/2021 at 3:50 PM, ManchesterEagle said:

Just wondering what the overall draft reaction will be in TATE. These are my predictions:

TATE Euphoria - Chase or Pitts

Almost certainly won't happen, but I suppose there is a small chance say Pitts slips down to 8 or 9 and the Eagles make a move to get him. Would be mostly luck, but Howie would be proclaimed a genius by some.

TATE Contentment - Surtain, Horn, Waddle, Smith or Parsons

Clear areas of need and positions of which TATE generally approves. Most of these 5 are reasonable value around 12 and wouldn't be seen as reaches. There will be grumblings still of we should at stayed at 6, Waddle is too injury prone, Smith, too small etc, but generally the board will be a positive place.

TATERppointment - Sewell, Slater

Sewell would be a steal at 12, so I perhaps should move him up, but we have Johnson and two promising young tackles, so it's not an area of need right now. Slater isn't as good, but would give us the prospect of somebody who could immediately come in at guard if Brooks isn't healthy and allow Isaac to move to Center once Kelce retires. Given the other needs though, I think there would be general disappointment in the board if we got one of these two.

All talented players at positions of need (yes DE is a position of need given BG's age and uncertainty regarding Barnett and Sweat). Newsome and Paye would be reaches here. Farley is possibly the most talented CB in the draft, but his injury history and back problems make him a real risk at 12. Lots of anger and (probably fair) comments on Howie getting cute again at the wrong time. A trade down may happen if for example both corners go and they aren't in love with whoever else is left. This would also cause understandable anger, although the added picks would prevent the below.

TATERgeddon - Fields, Jones, Lance, Rouseauu, Phillips, any other player

If we pick a QB - fans will go mad. Don't think anybody is in love with any of them and most people want to see what Hurts can do. I could see either of the other 2 DEs being picked and they are both very raw and reaches at 12.

I think this is about accurate yeah.

Don't get me wrong I'd understand the Slater or Sewell picks but I wouldn't love them. It would be an understandable move but not an exciting one.

If we draft Paye or Farley or Newsome then yeah I am going to be really disappointed but if we see what's there at #12 and decide to trade down then I'd understand that to some extent. Although with that said I didn't like the trade back in the first place so trading back again would just consolidate to me that it was a bad move in the first place.

Farley has the worst injury history, so my money is on him.  Howie loves taking medical rejects up high.  That or a small framed fastball DE from a lousy conference with a high motor who will suck.  It will be exciting to see which bust he takes.

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

Depends what we trade down for and where.

you can go back to the mid 20s. Get (obviously the 20 something pick) probably a 3rd or 4th this year and a first next year. 

4 first rounders next year plus an extra 3rd is worth the trade back. 

At this point, I likely agree with you. It's hard to imagine a top prospect falling to 12, so from there on, it's a pile of sameness. If that's what's there, then trading back is fine at that point and grabbing another 1st rounder next year would be good. Besides, Howie picks wrong at the top quite often and I suspect is afraid of blowing a pick that high, so he can defend himself better if he comes up small on a pick in the 20's. I still can't believe that he had a legit shot at having our 3 WRs be Metcalf, Jefferson, and Chase, and he balked at all 3. He's such a Scaredy Cat.

14 hours ago, TEW said:

Let's be honest. No matter what Howie does, people are going to say it was the wrong thing to do because TATE doesn't like him.

The Negadelphia tag is real.  If there are 99% positive developments, the 1% negative is all Philadelphia focusses on.  It's a tough town for no good reason.

What I want to know is which punter they eagles are taking?  They don’t have one on the roster and the FA batch isn’t too good. Maybe  Morestead?

I don’t think I’d be content with the Eagles trading down to get a wide receiver when they were in a position to draft the best one on the board to begin with. Overall I don’t want them to take another wide receiver when this team has so many other holes. No only that they have used t picks in the past two years picking the wrong receivers. I have a hard time believing whoever they choose this time will be the right guy.

On 4/20/2021 at 1:12 AM, kentwo said:

What I want to know is which punter they eagles are taking?  They don’t have one on the roster and the FA batch isn’t too good. Maybe  Morestead?

wrong.

Aryyn Siposs

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think I’d be content with the Eagles trading down to get a wide receiver when they were in a position to draft the best one on the board to begin with. Overall I don’t want them to take another wide receiver when this team has so many other holes. No only that they have used t picks in the past two years picking the wrong receivers. I have a hard time believing whoever they choose this time will be the right guy.

I actually think there's a decent chance of Chase going to the Bengals at 5

Get ready for:

• Bust
  • Superbowlz!
  • They should've drafted...
  • I saw a mock draft that had him later.
  • "I studied the film" (watched YouTube highlights)
  • Howie thinks he's smarter than everyone else in the league
  • The (division rival that took a player the fan wanted) are going to kill us for years with this pick!

And of course:

Who?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Get ready for:

• Bust
  • Superbowlz!
  • They should've drafted...
  • I saw a mock draft that had him later.
  • "I studied the film" (watched YouTube highlights)
  • Howie thinks he's smarter than everyone else in the league
  • The (division rival that took a player the fan wanted) are going to kill us for years with this pick!

And of course:

Who?

Sounds like a drinking game. Drink for all of the above, plus

• If [I/the EMB] were picking, we would have had Metcalf, Jefferson and Russell Wilson. (reality - Eagles would have had Brady Quinn, Henry Ruggs, John Ross and Tim Tebow)
  • Watch Howie pick a fastballzzzz DE.
  • We need to trade Zach Ertz and a fifth to move up for Chase!
  • We need to trade Alshon Jefferiesss [or insert other player who isn't actually on team] for a 3rd rounder.

Drink double - if "F Howie" is added to post.

On 4/19/2021 at 1:03 PM, PoconoDon said:

Besides, Howie picks wrong at the top quite often and I suspect is afraid of blowing a pick that high, so he can defend himself better if he comes up small on a pick in the 20's. I still can't believe that he had a legit shot at having our 3 WRs be Metcalf, Jefferson, and Chase, and he balked at all 3. He's such a Scaredy Cat.

I have a few more descriptive terms for him than scaredy cat.        And this is the guy who the owner kept in charge of the football operation after a housecleaning due to him running the franchise into the ground.        You honestly couldn't make this schiit up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

There’s going to be a lot of "we could have had” during 6-11 lol

Especially when our division rivals pick.  "This guy's going to destroy us for years!"

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 10:42 PM, TEW said:

Let's be honest. No matter what Howie does, people are going to say it was the wrong thing to do because TATE doesn't like him.

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

There’s going to be a lot of "we could have had” during 6-11 lol

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Especially when our division rivals pick.  "This guy's going to destroy us for years!"

Going to be interesting to see if Howie gets praise if Pitts and Chase go before 6 and we end up with Surtain or Horn.

58 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Going to be interesting to see if Howie gets praise if Pitts and Chase go before 6 and we end up with Surtain or Horn.

No, they will just bish that ____ would have been available.

On 4/11/2021 at 10:50 AM, ManchesterEagle said:

Just wondering what the overall draft reaction will be in TATE. These are my predictions:

TATE Euphoria - Chase or Pitts

Almost certainly won't happen, but I suppose there is a small chance say Pitts slips down to 8 or 9 and the Eagles make a move to get him. Would be mostly luck, but Howie would be proclaimed a genius by some.

TATE Contentment - Surtain, Horn, Waddle, Smith or Parsons

Clear areas of need and positions of which TATE generally approves. Most of these 5 are reasonable value around 12 and wouldn't be seen as reaches. There will be grumblings still of we should at stayed at 6, Waddle is too injury prone, Smith, too small etc, but generally the board will be a positive place.

TATERppointment - Sewell, Slater

Sewell would be a steal at 12, so I perhaps should move him up, but we have Johnson and two promising young tackles, so it's not an area of need right now. Slater isn't as good, but would give us the prospect of somebody who could immediately come in at guard if Brooks isn't healthy and allow Isaac to move to Center once Kelce retires. Given the other needs though, I think there would be general disappointment in the board if we got one of these two.

TATERgeddon - Fields, Jones, Lance, Rouseauu, Phillips, any other player

If we pick a QB - fans will go mad. Don't think anybody is in love with any of them and most people want to see what Hurts can do. I could see either of the other 2 DEs being picked and they are both very raw and reaches at 12.

I'd be OK with Sewell or Slater and disappointed with locker room rapist Parsons (can't root for a guy like that). I'd also be OK with a tradedown if it got another 2022 1st

Howie will do something like this to prove is is sooooo much smarter than pro scouts.... the Eagles trade the 12th pick for a very low 1st round pick in 2030 and a 4th rounder next year.

I think the Eagles will trade up but then take Horn over Surtain or Smith over Waddle when they have the choice.  That's about their speed. 

So I said I would do the right thing and not watch Howie screw up this years draft and go through what I did last year when he skipped over Justin Jef.... never mind. However, it's sort of trying not to look at an accident while driving by, and I went and got my free Hulu Tv trial last night.... so I could take a peek..... 

• Like 1