Press involving the Birds these days is horsepoop

JP HOF

hard to stomach anymore.  just saw Cowherd jumping on the bandwagon re: The Athletic article.  I feel like reporters are dishing up contrived dirt for the perceived Philly rabid dogs and most are buying all of it. 

First and foremost offender is the growing current that Doug got a raw deal.   Sheesh the job he did last year was an utter embarrassment.  He's certainly more responsible than anybody for kowtowing to Carson rendering him virtually useless.  Add to that he made Sanders a disappearing act for parts of most games and generally refused to utilize Wentz' outside the pocket skills.  His decisions on scoring plays (deciding when to kick a field goal, etc.) were awful beyond peewee school coach level.  I don't know about you but I absolutely loathed trying to trust a coach who was so regularly idiotic.  My biggest hope for this coming year rests with the fact that Doug is gone so i am absolutely certain they can't be worse.

The story that Lurie wanted Reich and Doug gone and Wentz talked him out of it, if you buy that, wake the f up.  haha  Lurie is an ok owner as far as I'm concerned and Howie while he believes in his own brilliance way too much it seems, keeps pluggin' and that's pretty much the best thing you can hope for from a GM that is not a natural the likes of Ozzy Newsome.

I don't post here often because just like the last board, this one is so territorial.  All my posts get moved to R&R because some friend of the mod or maybe the mod himself doesn't like me, which really sucks.  but let me add an optimistic note to all this.  I feel we will be competitive this year, more so than the last 2, anyway.  Why do I feel this?

1)  We're due to have a less injury-ridden year.  If our O-line alone stays healthy, we can't do worse than 8-9.

2)  The team is basically solid with additions at safety and linebacker.  We have 2 needs really.  Cornerback which will be our 1st round pick and more potential at WR.  Some have speculated that we include Ertz in a trade to get another first rounder and I think that might be doable.  I personally hope beyond hope that Ertz somehow ends up in good graces again, now there's a raw deal for ya, he has been a great warrior Bird.  oh and I guess we need a punter, just hoping for the best on that.

3.  Sirianni.  I so don't give a crap that he isn't a smooth podium guy.  All indications are he is the ultimate scrapper, who focuses on receivers and defensive backfield, and he's super-competitive.  Tell ya what, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he turns out to be a great one.  Brains are a damn big part of head coaching these days and it is the Joe Gibbs type who live in the film room whose wills will not let them lose.  

4.  We're going to run, a lot.

Anyway I see an era when the nfc East returns to past importance and we will hopefully take home our share of titles in these next few.

The spelling of the owners name...twice! :facepalm:

It's Lureys!!

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

The story that Lurey wanted Reich and Doug gone

It was talked about during that off season.  It is not new news.

16 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

The spelling of the owners name...twice! :facepalm:

It's Lureys!!

so what.  Brilliant contribution.  I corrected it for you btw, hope you can understand my post now.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

so what.  Brilliant contribution.  I corrected it for you btw, hope you can understand my post now.

image.gif.a87e05d07b9d4159cfbc5d07be8392cc.gif

• Haha 1

Not this again... @Moderator6 in before the move because OP has to have his own thread for every thought

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JP HOF said:

If our O-line alone stays healthy, we can't do worse than 8-9

That's more than I know. 

I don't know if we have an NFL-caliber QB or WRs or LBs. I don't know how good our head coach or coordinators are. I don't know if our D- and O-lines have just aged out of contention.

Who knows what is possible, but something like 3-14 would not surprise me. 

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not this again... @Moderator6 in before the move because OP has to have his own thread for every thought

you are a fascist and exactly the reason I post now maybe once every 6 months.

4 minutes ago, wyote said:

That's more than I know. 

I don't know if we have an NFL-caliber QB or WRs or LBs. I don't know how good our head coach or coordinators are. I don't know if our D- and O-lines have just aged out of contention.

Who knows what is possible, but something like 3-14 would not surprise me. 

you will be surprised then, you clearly don't understand just how bad Doug was.

Just now, JP HOF said:

you are a fascist and exactly the reason I post now maybe once every 6 months.

Good mission accomplished

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

He was not near as bad as Lowie.

2 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

the above 2 are a blight on any forum.

I can't say I remember your name from the old board.  Was your previous board name MathisGone ??

If the owner/mods were about having a better place, they'd notice that you 2 jackazzes exist to run good Birds fans off.

• Haha 1

My OP contained a fair amount of content but the atmosphere here doesn't really work for Birds content, it's more about several unemployed trolls prancing around.

6 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

My OP contained a fair amount of content but the atmosphere here doesn't really work for Birds content, it's more about several unemployed trolls prancing around.

Your content was covered in the blog, along with another thread about this topic.  No need to start the same topic in a new thread, go add to the existing topic.  You brought absolutely nothing new to the table, while misspelling the owners name multiple times.

And as I pointed out, which you failed to address, the Schwartz taking over story is not new.  It was discussed quite a bit during the 2017 off season.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Your content was covered in the blog, along with another thread about this topic.  No need to start the same topic in a new thread, go add to the existing topic.  You brought absolutely nothing new to the table, while misspelling the owners name multiple times.

And as I pointed out, which you failed to address, the Schwartz taking over story is not new.  It was discussed quite a bit during the 2017 off season.

that's not what I cited.  and I don't care what excuse you have.  I've run forums, bandwidth is cheap.  Any fan who comes here to chime in deserves not to be harangued every time they show up because you guys like to **** like schoolkids.

1 hour ago, JP HOF said:

I don't post here often because just like the last board, this one is so territorial.  All my posts get moved to R&R because some friend of the mod or maybe the mod himself doesn't like me, which really sucks.

What do you think @Bwestbrook36, this statement seals it, definitely MathisGone from the old board.

I mean is the goal to have a nice place where fans can congregate or for you guys to pick the dozen or so people you like to keep a tiny tight snotty community?

that's not what I cited.  and I don't care what excuse you have.  I've run forums, bandwidth is cheap.  Any fan who comes here to chime in deserves not to be harangued every time they show up because you guys like to **** like schoolkids.

If you don't want to be "harangued", read the board, and don't create a new topic when one already exists.  You offered nothing new.

But, lets discuss the topic.  The reports of Schwartz meeting with the owner, and Doug might be on his way out are not new.  It was reported during the 2017 off season.  DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT ??

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

What do you think @Bwestbrook36, this statement seals it, definitely MathisGone from the old board.

then at the end of the day, he tells his wife at dinner, we ran off ______ again, great f-ing day.

Just now, downundermike said:

If you don't want to be "harangued", read the board, and don't create a new topic when one already exists.  You offered nothing new.

But, lets discuss the topic.  The reports of Schwartz meeting with the owner, and Doug might be on his way out are not new.  It was reported during the 2017 off season.  DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT ??

I wasn't even talking about the Schwartz part of the story but you're a real gem for reducing my post to the one thing you find to b*tch about, little girl.

Really you guys are nothing but gatekeeper trolls, I've seen a lot of them in my days on the web, many more fierce than yas, but I'll give ya this, you're one of the dumbest.

I wasn't even talking about the Schwartz part of the story but you're a real gem for reducing my post to the one thing you find to b*tch about, little girl.

We will discuss the rest of your post after we cover this issue.  That story was common knowledge, did you not know about it ??