ROUND 6 (#191): Eagles select Tarron Jackson (Coastal Carolina DE)

Moderator6

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Edge isn’t simply DE. It’s used to describe guys who can either play DE in a 4-3 or OLB in a 3-4. 

It's cool- I don't care what they call them. What I do care about is Howie blowing the # 3 pick by trading down. He pissed a lot of scouts and the personnel head doing that. This little shi* fist bumping a bad decision.... he is lucky he didn't get punched in the face by Andy Weidl. I like the #1 and $5 picks, but that's it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Talonblood said:

It's cool- I don't care what they call them. What I do care about is Howie blowing the # 3 pick by trading down. He pissed a lot of scouts and the personnel head doing that. This little shi* fist bumping a bad decision.... he is lucky he didn't get punched in the face by Andy Weidl. I like the #1 and $5 picks, but that's it.

Milton Williams is a really good prospect who is gonna turn some heads. 

• Like 1

I was just thinking about how demoralizing it's likely going to be watching all these 6'3" and under dline players absolutely getting shoved around by those big a** NFCE OLines.

I'm really starting to think that Andy Reid is actually The Martian Manhunter and has been in disguise as Howie this whooole time.

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

NFLN listed his position as 'EDGE', I don't think I've ever seen that before. Why not just list his position as what it is, DE?

Personally, I'd stand him up and put him at LB.

He'll give it his all. We'll see if that's enough to find a roster spot.

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Milton Williams is a really good prospect who is gonna turn some heads. 

Yeah - no. 

6 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Next years draft.......will be the real draft.

And Howie needs to be nowhere near it. Donahoe should be in charge. 

3 minutes ago, eggs said:

Yeah - no. 

And Howie needs to be nowhere near it. Donahoe should be in charge. 

:roll: I apologize for not deferring to the expert, "eggs” of the EMB. 

2 hours ago, tech_bonus said:

I was just thinking about how demoralizing it's likely going to be watching all these 6'3" and under dline players absolutely getting shoved around by those big a** NFCE OLines.

I'm really starting to think that Andy Reid is actually The Martian Manhunter and has been in disguise as Howie this whooole time.

Howie is really one of the best coaches in NFL history? 🤔

40 minutes ago, vaff said:

Howie is really one of the best coaches in NFL history? 🤔

As in Howie's drafting Dlinemen like it's STILL the Reid "fastball" era; 6'3" 250-260lb DE reach-jobs valued for their supposed "speed".

And no I"m not calling the guy a reach because of course he wasn't.

For once, I would love to have a dline with 2 EDGES 6'-4--6'-6 270-300lb, to go long with maybe 2 DT in the range of 6-4 290-300 lb.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

Personally, I'd stand him up and put him at LB.

I don't know anything about him at all (I don't follow college football at all). 

31 minutes ago, tech_bonus said:

As in Howie's drafting Dlinemen like it's STILL the Reid "fastball" era; 6'3" 250-260lb DE reach-jobs valued for their supposed "speed".

And no I"m not calling the guy a reach because of course he wasn't.

For once, I would love to have a dline with 2 EDGES 6'-4--6'-6 270-300lb, to go long with maybe 2 DT in the range of 6-4 290-300 lb.

The best DT of this generation is 6’1 280 lbs

Probably the best DE of this generation is 6’3 250 lbs

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't know anything about him at all (I don't follow college football at all). 

Same here but I did look some highlights of his after the pick, he's too small for DE in the NFL, you want that position to be at least 270.

54 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Same here but I did look some highlights of his after the pick, he's too small for DE in the NFL, you want that position to be at least 270.

You meant except all of our DEs?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Or maybe the Edge of Reality?

No that's Howie my friend. 

I grade this pick an C+

This is my lowest grade for the draft. I know the kid has upside and it is a 6th round pick and worth the chance. I didnt know much about him so best I could do is just watch some highlights. Seams to win at the point of attach quick against TEs, but does struggle more against OTs. Not much real competition in his div which made him stand out a bit more. I have to stick with a C+ for now till later to see what this kid can bring at the next level and more elite players. 

On 5/2/2021 at 12:49 AM, EagleVA said:

Lol. A lot of the greatest DE’s in the league today are under 270. More hot turds instead of hot takes from you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Lol. A lot of the greatest DE’s in the league today are under 270. More hot turds instead of hot takes from you. 

I think all of our DEs are between 250 and 260. And I'm sure Jackson can add a little weight now that he's in the NFL (or on a roster as things stand).

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Daughter goes to Coastal.  He was a standout on an up and coming team.  Small school football.  Apparently he's a good dude.  He won't make the team though.  I'm sure of it.  

Why are you sure of it? They aren't blessed at DE.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

A physically underwhelming DE from the Sunbelt in the 6th round?  Gee, why would I be so skeptical.  I am sure he is not making the team.  I would entertain making a bet.  

I'm just saying... This team isn't blessed at DE and we don't know what kind of role Gannon may see this guy playing. I'm not saying he's going to make the roster but this is as good a team as any for him to make it. 

On 5/3/2021 at 3:00 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I am aware of that.  And I still would be stunned if he made the team.  

Put it this way, he shouldn't make the team. That is if we had a team with depth and defensive playmakers. On this roster anything can happen.

On 5/3/2021 at 4:27 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

A physically underwhelming DE from the Sunbelt in the 6th round?  Gee, why would I be so skeptical.  I am sure he is not making the team.  I would entertain making a bet.  

His competition is Joe Ostman.