Eagles Claim RB Kerryon Johnson off Waivers

SPIDER-MAN

15 hours ago, Utebird said:

We'll see I don't think kerryon Johnson is a shoe in he's struggled with injuries that have slowed him so we'll see.

I think Howard has a slimmer chance than Huntley, at least Huntley can return kicks and play cover teams Howard does neither.

We'll see.

I don't care who makes it as long as they can contribute.

Apparently Huntley was so bad in practice for us and the Lions he couldn’t even properly catch the ball on kickoffs.

14 minutes ago, vaff said:

Apparently Huntley was so bad in practice for us and the Lions he couldn’t even properly catch the ball on kickoffs.

As someone on a podcast said the other day. Holyfield has more yards than Huntley and he's not played a single snap for the Eagles. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

As someone on a podcast said the other day. Holyfield has more yards than Huntley and he's not played a single snap for the Eagles. 

Why do eagles fans need a player to dislike or hate or doubt?

Why not give the guy a chance before burying him over either guys that also haven't proven anything or are washed.

I don't really care who the teams RBs are as long as they can contribute.

If that's Huntley, holyfield, Killian's, kerryon Johnson, Howard, as long as one or 2 of those can emerge as contributors than I'm good.

Personally I think a guy like Huntley offers more as a 4th RB because he has experience returning kicks is a good receiver and can play. teams.

Neither Kerryon Johnson or Howard return kicks and I can't imagine at this point in their careers they'll want to play alot of special teams.

Howard is kind of one dimensional and he's more effective as a volume RB he's not going to get a ton of touches here.

Holyfield who knows, he's not much of are receiver either and also doesn't return kicks but he could at teams.

Ideally a 4th or 5th need to be able to play a bunch of special teams and contribute in the offense if and when Injuries arise, 

The more one can do the more value one has, ask Reno Mahe 

He wasn't great at any one thing but he was good enough at a lot of things that he brought value as the 53rd man on a 53 man roster.

I imagine the 4th RB will be a guy that offers similar value.

Having a guy like Brian Mitchell who can return kicks, punts, play punt team kickoff team and be a RB with can run catch and block In a pinch are invaluable to a team.

I don't think the eagles have a back that can do all those but the more one can do the more valuable one is 

7 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I wasn't really hating on him... Just pointing out what someone had said about him. 

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I wasn't really hating on him... Just pointing out what someone had said about him. 

Lots of people say stupid stuff then it gets parroted and before You know it theres a Nasty Nate award.

I'm not expecting much from any of the backs expect the first 3 sanders scott and Gainwell.

Hopefully 1 or 2 can emerge that would be great, I'm in Wait and see mode before I make any claims about how good or bad any of them are because other than kerryon there isn't much to go on and even with him who knows until one sees him and how much the injuries have negatively effected him.

I really liked him coming out of college but I'm worried he's washed and damaged goods already☹️ much like Howard who I can't see making the team either.

On 5/8/2021 at 2:48 AM, Talonblood said:

3 years ago Howie said he was done adding injured players to the Eagles lineup. Another badly injured player (twice), but hey, low risk, so I really am not worried about it. I just don't like how Howie lies... in public, to everyone in Philly. Screw him, but go Eagles!!

It just feels like this team doesn’t learn from its mistakes. I have little confidence this training staff can keep anyone healthy, but again a low risk option, but if the guy couldn’t stay healthy in Detroit I have serious doubts it will happen here in Blue tent city. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It just feels like this team doesn’t learn from its mistakes. I have little confidence this training staff can keep anyone healthy, but again a low risk option, but if the guy couldn’t stay healthy in Detroit I have serious doubts it will happen here in Blue tent city. 

And that's the concern. They've taken a chance on Dickerson, they've now taken a chance (albeit risk free) on Johnson. I'm OK with those moves if we could have any kind of confidence that this team can keep players healthy but they can't. 

• Like 1

Liked him alot at Auburn.  If anything it should make the RB group deeper.

Sanders, Gainwell, Howard and Johnson would be a very good group but we know most if not all will be injured.  Wouldn't surprise me if Gainwell ends up with the most usage.

11 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And that's the concern. They've taken a chance on Dickerson, they've now taken a chance (albeit risk free) on Johnson. I'm OK with those moves if we could have any kind of confidence that this team can keep players healthy but they can't. 

As you said, this move is risk free. But also: 1. The Eagles are in the second year of a new medical staff 2. The Eagles went from the healthiest team in the league under Chip Kelly, to one of the most injured teams in the league under Doug Pederson. Who really knows what role coaching had on that? But obviously we’ll find out if things change or stay the same under Nick Sirianni.

• Like 1

Kerryon Johnson was a beast at Auburn, this is a solid pickup with no downside.           If Johnson is healthy, he's your RB2.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjkvol said:

Kerryon Johnson was a beast at Auburn, this is a solid pickup with no downside.           If Johnson is healthy, he's your RB2.   

Completely agree. I know he comes in off the back of a pretty bad injury but there's literally no downside to this pick. If he's healthy he can be the RB2, if he's not then he can be cut for zero cost. 

• Like 2

On 5/9/2021 at 1:53 PM, Utebird said:

Why not give the guy a chance before burying him over either guys that also haven't proven anything or are washed.

I don't really care who the teams RBs are as long as they can contribute.

If that's Huntley, holyfield, Killian's, kerryon Johnson, Howard, as long as one or 2 of those can emerge as contributors than I'm good.

Personally I think a guy like Huntley offers more as a 4th RB because he has experience returning kicks is a good receiver and can play. teams.

Neither Kerryon Johnson or Howard return kicks and I can't imagine at this point in their careers they'll want to play alot of special teams.

Howard is kind of one dimensional and he's more effective as a volume RB he's not going to get a ton of touches here.

Holyfield who knows, he's not much of are receiver either and also doesn't return kicks but he could at teams.

Ideally a 4th or 5th need to be able to play a bunch of special teams and contribute in the offense if and when Injuries arise, 

The more one can do the more value one has, ask Reno Mahe 

He wasn't great at any one thing but he was good enough at a lot of things that he brought value as the 53rd man on a 53 man roster.

I imagine the 4th RB will be a guy that offers similar value.

Having a guy like Brian Mitchell who can return kicks, punts, play punt team kickoff team and be a RB with can run catch and block In a pinch are invaluable to a team.

I don't think the eagles have a back that can do all those but the more one can do the more valuable one is 

It's what we do, and the we also run good players out of town, because we like to be miserable 

On 5/10/2021 at 11:46 AM, 315Eagles said:

Liked him alot at Auburn.  If anything it should make the RB group deeper.

Sanders, Gainwell, Howard and Johnson would be a very good group but we know most if not all will be injured.  Wouldn't surprise me if Gainwell ends up with the most usage.

Yeah I feel like Gainwell is a shoe in for that number 2 flexible guy. As long as he shows out in camp, he will get plenty of play. if Johnson returns to healthy form he is the perfect physical compliment to Sanders + Gainwell. 

Also, I would not discount Boston Scott. On paper it looks like he is the guy who is out, but never underestimate a hard worker with a little man complex and and chip on his shoulder. 

On 5/11/2021 at 5:14 PM, QBhunter58 said:

Yeah I feel like Gainwell is a shoe in for that number 2 flexible guy. As long as he shows out in camp, he will get plenty of play. if Johnson returns to healthy form he is the perfect physical compliment to Sanders + Gainwell. 

Also, I would not discount Boston Scott. On paper it looks like he is the guy who is out, but never underestimate a hard worker with a little man complex and and chip on his shoulder. 

I'm not sure why some are automatically counting Scott out? Howard is the odd man out to me and should be. He has zero versatility and you can get guys like him anywhere anytime. That isn't saying Scott isn't replaceable but, he adds more versatility then how'd that's for sure. 

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not sure why some are automatically counting Scott out? Howard is the odd man out to me and should be. He has zero versatility and you can get guys like him anywhere anytime. That isn't saying Scott isn't replaceable but, he adds more versatility then how'd that's for sure. 

Because Scott really isn't that good? I mean he's fine as a RB #4 perhaps and he does offer something different. I'd have him above Howard but that's not saying much. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Because Scott really isn't that good? I mean he's fine as a RB #4 perhaps and he does offer something different. I'd have him above Howard but that's not saying much. 

Ok so you agree thanks for clearing that up. 

Good depth at RB. But the RB room seems a bit crowded now. I assume only 3 make the roster?

56 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Good depth at RB. But the RB room seems a bit crowded now. I assume only 3 make the roster?

Could be 4 bud. In fact I think with Sirianni it'll very likely be 4.

22 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Could be 4 bud. In fact I think with Sirianni it'll very likely be 4.

Yeah could be, UK.

Give me your 4?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Yeah could be, UK.

Give me your 4?

Sanders obviously, Gainwell, Johnson, Scott.

43 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Scott over Howard??

Personally I'd actually prefer Howard but I think Johnson and Howard are similar whereas Scott offers something a little different.

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

Scott over Howard??

Howard offers no versatility at all. If they cut him I'm sure they can get him back again at some point in the season. 

2 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Scott over Howard??

Not for me.  I like big backs and I cannot lie.

• Like 1

Wait and see on this one.  The track record for RBs who performed well and then had a downturn is not good.

40 minutes ago, Greenakers2 said:

Not for me.  I like big backs and I cannot lie.

I agree, but I don't know if Jordan Howard has anything left in the tank.