I believe we will have the best O-line in the NFL this year

JP HOF

On 7/22/2021 at 6:49 PM, Sack that QB said:

Don't know about best, but Landon Dickerson is going to be a monster whenever he's healthy enough to play.

I feel like people wrote the same stuff about Sidney Jones and people were gushing over Andre Dillard too. It’s already concerning that "when healthy enough to play” is a disclaimer for any lineman on a team the was decimated with O-line injuries last season. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I feel like people wrote the same stuff about Sidney Jones and people were gushing over Andre Dillard too. It’s already concerning that "when healthy enough to play” is a disclaimer for any lineman on a team the was decimated with O-line injuries last season. 

I think the Sidney Jones situation was a lot more risky.

They had a corner who was barley in the top 10 corners in the whole draft then had a strong combine and pro day to shoot him in the top of the first round. Then to blow his Achilles out the last drill of his pro day should of put a dagger in his draft status especially that kind of injury to a corner. Plus considering all the other red flags that came out after he was drafted

The Andre Dillard pick also turned had red flags all over it that we found out after he was picked. 

Landon on the other hand has been and was supposed to be one of the best lineman in the draft regardless of all injuries that says a lot about the guy as a player and a person. 

So at least this time it seems the only concern is injuries with Landon where the other 2 also had attitude problems, laziness problems and were lacking in some physical abilities as well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They had a corner who was barley in the top 10 corners in the whole draft then had a strong combine and pro day to shoot him in the top of the first round. Then to blow his Achilles out the last drill of his pro day should of put a dagger in his draft status especially that kind of injury to a corner. Plus considering all the other red flags that came out after he was drafted

Should have drafted EMB draftnik favorite with that pick, Alvin Kamara.

28 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The Andre Dillard pick also turned had red flags all over it that we found out after he was picked. 

Landon on the other hand has been and was supposed to be one of the best lineman in the draft regardless of all injuries that says a lot about the guy as a player and a person. 

So at least this time it seems the only concern is injuries with Landon where the other 2 also had attitude problems, laziness problems and were lacking in some physical abilities as well. 

A lot of people sure did say and write that Dillard was a top 10 talent and the best offensive lineman on the board. I guess I’ll wait and see on this guy. People have been fawning over him, but at this point it seems like when it comes to the Eagles if they were injured in college they are injury prone in the pros too. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2021 at 12:37 AM, JP HOF said:

I believe we will have the best O-line in the NFL this year

with Dickerson and Dillard as backups, damn.

So this is all your fault.  Good job.

This was predictable and anyone who expected otherwise had their head in the sand.  Keep in mind that Lane still has not missed a snap, Seumalo is no Ironman, Kelce is ancient, Dickerson is a major injury risk, and Driscoll has demonstrated a complete inability to stay healthy.  So the shuffle will likely get a lot worse.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

This was predictable and anyone who expected otherwise had their head in the sand.  Keep in mind that Lane still has not missed a snap, Seumalo is no Ironman, Kelce is ancient, Dickerson is a major injury risk, and Driscoll has demonstrated a complete inability to stay healthy.  So the shuffle will likely get a lot worse.

This post might seem harsh to some, but there is a LOT of truth to it. O line needs attention in the very near future.

21 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

This post might seem harsh to some, but there is a LOT of truth to it. O line needs attention in the very near future.

We just used a high pick on the OL this year.  Unfortunately it was on a player that has been riddled with injuries throughout his college career.  

• Like 2

On 8/17/2021 at 4:34 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Truth be told, both the Jones pick and the Dickerson picks were/are risky.  Dickerson indeed was supposed to be a top lineman when he is healthy, so hopefully that pans out.  But all too often, players who have a history of injuries in college wind up getting injured in the pros.  Time will tell.

On 8/17/2021 at 4:34 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Thats not true.  Jones was easily the second highest CB in that draft, and some people had him as the #1.  He was easily a first round pick long before the combine, and he didnt shoot up after it either.  He was clearly a top guy.

But in Round 2, thats a wasted draft pick.  Gotta wait for Round 3, because its just too rich for a player with only 4 years under contract to waste one as a redshirt so high in the draft.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Thats not true.  Jones was easily the second highest CB in that draft, and some people had him as the #1.  He was easily a first round pick long before the combine, and he didnt shoot up after it either.  He was clearly a top guy.

But in Round 2, thats a wasted draft pick.  Gotta wait for Round 3, because its just too rich for a player with only 4 years under contract to waste one as a redshirt so high in the draft.

I thought they said he was going to fall some because he didn't do all of the combine workouts like the bench press? 

I may have misread it then, oh well. 

I actually didn't mind the gamble then but, seeing what we are now with all the injuries... Yeah I don't want them doing that anymore lol. 

8 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I thought they said he was going to fall some because he didn't do all of the combine workouts like the bench press? 

I may have misread it then, oh well. 

I actually didn't mind the gamble then but, seeing what we are now with all the injuries... Yeah I don't want them doing that anymore lol. 

Nah, he was the hot name along with Lattimore from OSU.  

I liked getting Jones after Round 1, but he wasn't on my radar until Round 3.   I said it at the time, it was a worthwhile gamble, just at least a full round later.  And there were players I desperately wanted in Round 2 that they chose to pass on instead.   I was the driver of the Kareem Hunt and Chris Godwin bandwagon (anyone from around here back then can attest to that.   I was as vocal for them as I was for Justin Jefferson in 2020.)    Thanks Howie.  I don't always get it right when it comes to the draft, but when I do... Howie doesn't.   :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Nah, he was the hot name along with Lattimore from OSU.  

I liked getting Jones after Round 1, but he wasn't on my radar until Round 3.   I said it at the time, it was a worthwhile gamble, just at least a full round later.  And there were players I desperately wanted in Round 2 that they chose to pass on instead.   I was the driver of the Kareem Hunt and Chris Godwin bandwagon (anyone from around here back then can attest to that.   I was as vocal for them as I was for Justin Jefferson in 2020.)    Thanks Howie.  I don't always get it right when it comes to the draft, but when I do... Howie doesn't.   :lol: 

I knew Jones was a hot name  until that Achilles injury. I just know they said it was good class for corners and I thought some didn't even have Jones as one of the better ones. I must of read a mock draft from a not so great draft " expert" lol 

I was on the Dalvin Cook hype train myself but, corners are one of my favorite position to follow so I was excited to possibly getting a great corner. 

I can't say nothing on Jefferson I was all in on Reagor. I didn't fall in line with everyone else about Jefferson being only good in the slot that was nonsense to me, I just thought Reagor was the better fit and possibly more explosive. I'm not looking so great there right now but, Im not giving up on him just yet. I'll let you know when I'm ready to eat crow on him lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Ignoring hindsight, Sidney Jones in perfect health goes long before Dickerson in perfect health in any draft.

Like you said, however, Jones required a redshirt and Dickerson did not.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Ignoring hindsight, Sidney Jones in perfect health goes long before Dickerson in perfect health in any draft.

Agreed.  But neither, in their state of health on draft day, should have been taken in Round 2.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2021 at 6:08 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I knew Jones was a hot name  until that Achilles injury. I just know they said it was good class for corners and I thought some didn't even have Jones as one of the better ones. I must of read a mock draft from a not so great draft " expert" lol 

I was on the Dalvin Cook hype train myself but, corners are one of my favorite position to follow so I was excited to possibly getting a great corner. 

I can't say nothing on Jefferson I was all in on Reagor. I didn't fall in line with everyone else about Jefferson being only good in the slot that was nonsense to me, I just thought Reagor was the better fit and possibly more explosive. I'm not looking so great there right now but, Im not giving up on him just yet. I'll let you know when I'm ready to eat crow on him lol. 

I thought that was supposed to be a deep draft for backs as well? We walked away with Pumphrey though. 🤦🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I thought that was supposed to be a deep draft for backs as well? We walked away with Pumphrey though. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Yes that was like the 3rd year in a row of being a great RB class and we still ended up with nothing. Then in a very weak running back class we take a running back in the second round.... That Howie let me tell ya, he knows how to fool them

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes that was like the 3rd year in a row of being a great RB class and we still ended up with nothing. Then in a very weak running back class we take a running back in the second round.... That Howie let me tell ya, he knows how to fool them

Howie will never be held accountable for his selections either. After the owner gave Howie credit for players he didn’t select, but wanted to I knew there was no chance he would ever get rid of the guy. 

3 starters hurt already and it's only week 3.

It's almost like some of us have warned health is always an issue with this team. 

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

3 starters hurt already and it's only week 3.

It's almost like some of us have warned health is always an issue with this team. 

They got through preseason and week one what more do you want? Lol

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They got through preseason and week one what more do you want? Lol

They didn't even play preseason :lol:

On 9/25/2021 at 6:08 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

just thought Reagor was the better fit and possibly more explosive. I'm not looking so great there right now but, Im not giving up on him just yet. I'll let you know when I'm ready to eat crow on him lol. 

I'm getting closer lol