I believe we will have the best O-line in the NFL this year

JP HOF

with Dickerson and Dillard as backups, damn.

E2-We-Er-VXIAIMLx8.jpg

PS Last time I was here, I started a nice thread, and the same thing happened that happens every time I post here.  Downundermike trolled my thread, I got into it with him, and then I got suspended for a long time.  That's surely what's in store for this thread too because that's what happens in the messed up land of Eagles message boards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If everyone stays healthy and plays at a pro bowl level, it’s a lock!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Maybe if they've got some new shakes that can restore a man's body to what it was five years ago. 

3 hours ago, paco said:

If everyone stays healthy and plays at a pro bowl level, it’s a lock!!!!

Yes please.

Yea health is the main factor. What I would give for just one healthy season, the disparity between us and the rest of the league is too large to chalk it up to bad luck anymore.

25 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Biggest questions are if Brooks and Lane can finally stay healthy

Is that really a question though?

14 hours ago, JP HOF said:

PS Last time I was here, I started a nice thread, and the same thing happened that happens every time I post here.  Downundermike trolled my thread, I got into it with him, and then I got suspended for a long time.  That's surely what's in store for this thread too because that's what happens in the messed up land of Eagles message boards.

Hey @Bwestbrook36 look who's back.

You were suspended because the mods told you to tone it down, and your next post was inflammatory.  

As for the topic, Lane and Brooks are coming off multiple seasons of major injuries, Kelce is old, and the left side will be a huge question until they prove they are not.

Top 10, maybe, best in the NFL, not a chance.

Edited to add : Mods please move to R&R.  Not because it is a bad or duplicate topic, just don't want JP HOF to think I have lost my overwhelming influence over you guys.

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Hey @Bwestbrook36 look who's back.

You were suspended because the mods told you to tone it down, and your next post was inflammatory.  

As for the topic, Lane and Brooks are coming off multiple seasons of major injuries, Kelce is old, and the left side will be a huge question until they prove they are not.

Edited to add : Mods please move to R&R.  Not because it is a bad or duplicate topic, just don't want JP HOF to think I have lost my overwhelming influence over you guys.

For F sakes. Why would you come back and immediately start sheet like that. 

Does he know you were banned? You definitely have all the power over the mods 🙄

9 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Biggest questions are if Brooks and Lane can finally stay healthy

Lane has had 1 injury that simply didn't heal properly on its own the first time. He's fully recovered now and we're acting like he's always getting hurt. Brooks has been 100% healthy since the end of last season.

The injuries last year were a curse (on our team's success), but also a blessing as Mailata was given the opportunity to really grow and develop into a legit NFL player in only his 3rd year of American football. Herbig, who gets a lot less fanfare, also played extremely well for us and was very consistent during the last half of the season filling in for Brooks. Driscoll was looking pretty solid filling in for Lane until injuries derailed his season. 

I believe we really do have one of the best O-lines in the NFL and we are in much better shape this year to deal with injuries there than ever before. It will be interesting to see what the Eagles do with Dillard. As a rookie he played okay at LT, but was a disaster when moved to RT. You typically hope your depth will be composed of swing tackles so one injury won't cause two positions to change. But Mailata, so far, is the more versatile player. Assuming Mailata is the starting LT,  the Eagles still might work him some at RT if they are afraid Dillard loses too much in the switch. Then again, as long as Driscoll continues to develop it may not matter as much. I can't wait to see what the team's plan is with Dickerson. We have a lot of versatility in Dickerson, Seumalol, and Driscoll. Clearly the O-line is the strength of this team.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I'd like to see your list of top 10 NFL O-lines (not including the Eagles). I'd be willing to bet each list will have some players over 30 years old and also players either returning from injury or having returned recently from major injuries. No offense, but it's comical how fans act like things only happen to the Eagles and no other teams ever deal with injuries or age. All I care about is performance and effort. I'm not going to lose sleep about some nightmare scenario that might happen.

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I'd like to see your list of top 10 NFL O-lines (not including the Eagles). I'd be willing to bet each list will have some players over 30 years old and also players either returning from injury or having returned recently from major injuries. No offense, but it's comical how fans act like things only happen to the Eagles and no other teams ever deal with injuries or age. All I care about is performance and effort. I'm not going to lose sleep about some nightmare scenario that might happen.

That scenario has been happening since 2017.  

Just now, downundermike said:

That scenario has been happening since 2017.  

Just to put things in perspective ...

Jason Peters who seemingly gets hurt and helped off the field in every game, who has had a few seasons ended early with injuries (some major), still managed to have a hall of fame career and play in 213 regular season games (starting 203 of them). I wish people would quit acting like players are hurt more often than healthy and always expecting the former.  

17 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Lane has had 1 injury that simply didn't heal properly on its own the first time. He's fully recovered now and we're acting like he's always getting hurt. Brooks has been 100% healthy since the end of last season.

Lane hasn't had 16 games since 2015

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Lane hasn't had 16 games since 2015

2016, he had the long suspension. 2017, he missed 1 game (concussion). In 2018, he missed 1 game (knee sprain). In 2019, he missed 1 game because of a concussion and the rest were the ankle injury, which he elected heal naturally (and we all know how that went). He had the minor surgery before 2020 in the hope he could make it through the season before getting it fixed properly. Now he had the proper procedure and is fully recovered. Spin the last 5 years how you want, he's only had 1 injury of concern. 

5 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

2016, he had the long suspension. 2017, he missed 1 game (concussion). In 2018, he missed 1 game (knee sprain). In 2019, he missed 1 game because of a concussion and the rest were the ankle injury, which he elected heal naturally (and we all know how that went). He had the minor surgery before 2020 in the hope he could make it through the season before getting it fixed properly. Now he had the proper procedure and is fully recovered. Spin the last 5 years how you want, he's only had 1 injury of concern. 

Seems like you just did that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure how much of a hot take this is, if at all, but I think Dickerson will start over Isaac. There's optimism that Dickerson will be ready to go by TC. I think the kid beats Isaac out.

And LaRaven Clark as swing guard / tackle as well. nice depth!

The talent is there.   The veteran savvy is there.  The nastiness you want in an olineman is there.  The motivating factors are there. 

just need the health and stability and we will have a the best online in the division. Don’t care about league right now.  Just be the best  in the division this season

give hurts a fighting chance

48 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

His biggest concern is getting caught juicing. 

1 minute ago, SNOORDA said:

The talent is there.   The veteran savvy is there.  The nastiness you want in an olineman is there.  The motivating factors are there. 

just need the health and stability and we will have a the best online in the division. Don’t care about league right now.  Just be the best  in the division this season

give hurts a fighting chance

If he is gonna keep dancing around in the pocket when there is no pressure he is gonna make the line look worse then it is. QBs who look to run first tend to get sacked more cause they don't stay where the linemen set the pocket and break containment and run into sacks. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If he is gonna keep dancing around in the pocket when there is no pressure he is gonna make the line look worse then it is. QBs who look to run first tend to get sacked more cause they don't stay where the linemen set the pocket and break containment and run into sacks. 

He didn’t have a stable line in front of him last year.  Plus he was a rookie thrown into the fire literally bro.  
And you don’t think he wasn’t watching from the sideline and in film Wentz get destroyed because of protection break downs nonstop?  He head was surely spinning about how someone on d was coming free every down To take his head off.   Give him a mullligan already for last year is what I’m doing   

How about we wait to see if:

a) our starters on the online are even healthy and starting week #1

and 

b) how hurts looks behind that healthy starting oline after a whole training camp with 1st team reps under his belt

• Like 1