Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

24 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Have to disagree Ham. Why should the leading team get an unfair advantage late in the season? Takes away from parity. They already get home field advantage, that's a good reward and enough of an edge.

Because you cant have 5 games with 9 teams,and wild card weekend is to find out who the 8 seed is

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Home field advantage AND an extra week off is likewinning the lottery and them giving you extra money for winning. Home field advantage IS the prize, it's huge advantage

Fourth best division winner gets home field advantage. We got it by barely having a winning record last season. We surely didn’t deserve the same as the number one regular season team.

Andy Dalton getting the ax finally. They just couldn’t get the Pats to give them anything for him evidently.

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Andy Dalton getting the ax finally. They just couldn’t get the Pats to give them anything for him evidently.

I'll take him as my 2 lol.If I was Miami,I would take a look,at least on a 1 year deal

13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Love Burrow,but you know they could have waited some.Apparently they are throwing Burrow right into the fire

26 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Love Burrow,but you know they could have waited some.Apparently they are throwing Burrow right into the fire

You can’t keep the leader of the team on board and bring in a new leader. It’s time for the Bengals to Turn the Page. Burrow’s team now. He doesn’t need the distraction of all the deep feelings players have with Dalton developed over all these years. Plus it’s doing right by Dalton to let him move forward.(probably to the Pats...but that’s a different post)

38 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

You think they will throw the guy that broke every college record and chosen first in the draft out there to play? Crazy! Usually the first overall pick sits and is groomed and developed for three years. Those silly Bengals.

I might have let that comment slide for that old poster FL....but this new guy GNC gets no slack until he earns it

Poor Cook was lost wondering where everybody went. I sent him an email....hopefully he figured it out.

39 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You can’t keep the leader of the team on board and bring in a new leader. It’s time for the Bengals to Turn the Page. Burrow’s team now. He doesn’t need the distraction of all the deep feelings players have with Dalton developed over all these years. Plus it’s doing right by Dalton to let him move forward.(probably to the Pats...but that’s a different post)

LOL lots of QB's have to wait their turn.Gotta be careful throwing a COLLEGE player into the pros

32 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You think they will throw the guy that broke every college record and chosen first in the draft out there to play? Crazy! Usually the first overall pick sits and is groomed and developed for three years. Those silly Bengals.

Pressure is totally different.The game is much faster too.Wait till he gets hammered on a few times by the Ravens defense.He gets hurt and they have??????Stand by my post that Daltons release was a STUPID MOVE

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Seems like you are minimizing the regular season there Birdman. I like the extra incentive to earn that top seed and get a bye. 

I don't think I'm minimizing it.....I think the incentive should be getting to the playoffs and a chance to win a super bowl........the regular season should be the qualifier with no team getting additional advantage just because they finished with a better record.  New England is a perfect example of this being a unfair advantage......the've played in the worst dvision in football for 15 years.....they pile on wins against weak divisional opponents that almost always gave them the HF advantage and first round byes.  Why should they be rewarded for that?

Having 3 home playoff games should be incentive enough.....giving them an extra week of rest is excessive.

4 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

I don't think I'm minimizing it.....I think the incentive should be getting to the playoffs and a chance to win a super bowl........the regular season should be the qualifier with no team getting additional advantage just because they finished with a better record.  New England is a perfect example of this being a unfair advantage......the've played in the worst dvision in football for 15 years.....they pile on wins against weak divisional opponents that almost always gave them the HF advantage and first round byes.  Why should they be rewarded for that?

Having 3 home playoff games should be incentive enough.....giving them an extra week of rest is excessive.

How do you have 5 games with 9 teams?.Someone has to be off while the wildcard is decided

6 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

Agree about the Pats free ride,but the NFL doesn't control years and years of stupid owners in that division.Hopefully, they are competitive FINALLY

55 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Poor Cook was lost wondering where everybody went. I sent him an email....hopefully he figured it out.

Yeah,sen doesn't post alot,still nice to have him back TY

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah,sen doesn't post alot,still nice to have him back TY

It's a miracle, but I made it here LOL

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I have a bet with a friend down here in Florida that he comes to Jacksonville since his old coach Gruden is here now. My friend thinks Belichick will bring him in for a year or two. Fortunately I finally found a store down here that sells Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets. 

Ham, thanks for getting Cook the info to get on here. I"d like to have as many of our original clique on here as possible. Everyone of you provided so much comfort during a VERY dark time of my life. So very grateful!

Wrang, looks like you'll be binging Tastycakes for a while :lol:

16 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I have a bet with a friend down here in Florida that he comes to Jacksonville since his old coach Gruden is here now. My friend thinks Belichick will bring him in for a year or two. Fortunately I finally found a store down here that sells Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets. 

IDK seems Jax is happy with moustache mode

21 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

It's a miracle, but I made it here LOL

Nice you made it

IDK where I can find an Eagles nest down here.it's a LONG drive to hit the old one in FL lol

8 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Wrang, looks like you'll be binging Tastycakes for a while :lol:

Not at 240 calories a pack! Thats about all the calories I burn off anymore walking 2 miles each day. LOL I splurge once a week. 

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK seems Jax is happy with moustache mode

Do they have another QB on their roster to push Mr. Moustache? Every team wants competition for every player on the roster.

Archived