Amazon’s The Expanse

opengeo

Graphics looked great because the budget opened up but I thought season 4 was probably my least favorite. Really hoping this upcoming season is better. Season 1-3 were great though

• Like 1

Awesome news. Season 4 was a bit of a letdown but hopefully they can get back on track. The first 3 were awesome.

• Like 2

Yeah wasn't a huge fan of season 4, felt insignificant compared to other seasons.  

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 7:44 PM, Mike030270 said:

Graphics looked great because the budget opened up but I thought season 4 was probably my least favorite. Really hoping this upcoming season is better. Season 1-3 were great though

im 1/2 way through s4 and I have to agree so far. def not up to par with 1-3.

• Like 1

My opinion on season 4 from what I remember

Spoiler

I didn't like the change of husbands and then also making the new guy have a lot more screen time. Made it too noticeable and didn't like the new actor

I didn't like them removing Avasarela from office. 

Didn't like that they had Bobbie join some outlaw group. It just didn't seem like something she'd do. Wasn't a fan of them separating Bobbie from Avasarela or even the group

I know there's more but I don't really remember specifically

I found Bobbie to be a bright spot this past season tbh. Couldn’t stand her until S4. It’s time to let Miller go for reals this time. They definitely need to rethink some things with the main arc. The Ashford storyline was most disappointing. Maybe the gate wasn’t the best direction for the show and they should have left the scope more local to our solar system. 

I watched the 1st 3 episodes, and I can't get into it.  

58 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I watched the 1st 3 episodes, and I can't get into it.  

I couldn’t either early on. 

The Expanse was almost a sci fi parody early on (cliched script, bad acting, dodgy sets), it's improved into Season 2 but it's still a bit of a mess plot wise.  However, it fills a spot for content to watch.

53 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

The Expanse was almost a sci fi parody early on (cliched script, bad acting, dodgy sets), it's improved into Season 2 but it's still a bit of a mess plot wise.  However, it fills a spot for content to watch.

I'm surprised you didn't like season 1. I thought it was great

• 6 months later...
On 5/1/2020 at 1:19 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:

im 1/2 way through s4 and I have to agree so far. def not up to par with 1-3.

ok so i finally got around to finishing season 4. painful.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

1 month

I'm hoping they go back to 1-3. Those were perfect

i hope so. they were def much more enjoyable. 

On 11/16/2020 at 4:01 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:

ok so i finally got around to finishing season 4. painful.

The trailer for season 5 isn’t looking any better. Amazon might have ruined this show which i guess isn’t completely surprising since they have built an addition onto a house built by someone else. Aside from non-compelling stories, I just don’t like what they’ve done with the character development, and that’s a big problem for a show in its 5th season.

I am not sure it's Amazon's fault, I just don't think the story is very good, isn't it all sourced from the books?

On 11/16/2020 at 7:29 PM, Mike030270 said:

1 month

I'm hoping they go back to 1-3. Those were perfect

I liked 4 and semi hated 3.  

1 minute ago, dawkins4prez said:

I liked 4 and semi hated 3.  

That proves that 3 was good and 4 wasn't:lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

That proves that 3 was good and 4 wasn't:lol:

If you say so.  Does everybody agree that season 2 is the best?

On 5/10/2020 at 4:13 PM, UK Eagle said:

The first season absolutely comes off as nothing more than a clever and entertaining mishmash of other sci-fi.  But in season 2 it really hits its stride and becomes its own thing.  Personally for me, season 3 goes really big plot wise but loses its heart along the way.  Season 4 it finds its soul again and resets into the next leg, but not as exciting as the others.