14 minutes ago, opengeo said:

3, 2, 4, 1

I'll have to re-watch the series for the 100th time

I think mine would be 3,2,1,4

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I'll have to re-watch the series for the 100th time

I think mine would be 3,2,1,4

Yeah 1,4 are interchangeable for me. They just weren't that good that's all I know. 3 is the best. 2 was the critical transition year...made the show elite at the time.

11 hours ago, opengeo said:

Yeah 1,4 are interchangeable for me. They just weren't that good that's all I know. 3 is the best. 2 was the critical transition year...made the show elite at the time.

Of all the sci fi Expanse mishmashes, the most important is the Firefly vibe from the crew that forms the crux of the show.  Season 3 imho is devoid of the humor and heart that makes the show special. It's completely wrapped up in the mega plot.

50 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Of all the sci fi Expanse mishmashes, the most important is the Firefly vibe from the crew that forms the crux of the show.  Season 3 imho is devoid of the humor and heart that makes the show special. It's completely wrapped up in the mega plot.

I did not like Firefly and generally prefer more subtle to slapstick or otherwise campy humor in my preferred science fiction programming. The way they develop Amos' character in The Expanse is great. Avarsala as well. I loved Season 3 precisely because it took a big leap forward with the main storyline. The final 1:30 of episode 7 ended with Maneo flying into the ring, losing his head, and then Miller appearing was one of the better moments I can recall in TV history (yeah I said it). Shame that has proven to be the high point of the series. Amazon really messed up last season.

2 hours ago, opengeo said:

I did not like Firefly and generally prefer more subtle to slapstick or otherwise campy humor in my preferred science fiction programming. The way they develop Amos' character in The Expanse is great. Avarsala as well. I loved Season 3 precisely because it took a big leap forward with the main storyline. The final 1:30 of episode 7 ended with Maneo flying into the ring, losing his head, and then Miller appearing was one of the better moments I can recall in TV history (yeah I said it). Shame that has proven to be the high point of the series. Amazon really messed up last season.

And I'm the crazy one that gets all the grief..

btw I also thought season 3 was Avarsala's worst season as well.  Always been an over the top character but season 3 she became a caricature slinging F bombs in every damn sentence.

7 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

And I'm the crazy one that gets all the grief..

btw I also thought season 3 was Avarsala's worst season as well.  Always been an over the top character but season 3 she became a caricature slinging F bombs in every damn sentence.

Yeah...really did not like Firefly. Or, the movie version. Different strokes for different folks. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Through two episodes and I am enjoying this season already...much more than season 4! I just think they made a mistake by focusing a whole season on the first ring planet. Now the show is back to its roots and is really solid. Anyone else?

Watched first episode. It's definitely better so far than last season but that isn't saying much. Good enough for me to keep going. Really hope they redeem themselves this season.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 5:28 AM, opengeo said:

Yeah...really did not like Firefly. Or, the movie version. Different strokes for different folks. 

To each their own, I suppose. I can’t get into The Expanse.

11 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Watched first episode. It's definitely better so far than last season but that isn't saying much. Good enough for me to keep going. Really hope they redeem themselves this season.

If you liked seasons 1-3, you will like season 5. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, opengeo said:

Damn. No one? This show really lost its audience after last season. Season 5 is excellent. 

Didn't read the thread but I'm waiting until the end to binge. Hate weekly releases for streaming shows and this is my own dumb way of getting back at them 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Didn't read the thread but I'm waiting until the end to binge. Hate weekly releases for streaming shows and this is my own dumb way of getting back at them 🤷‍♂️

Oh it will be so good to binge. I’m watching the 4th episode now and 👀. It’s wild. 

1 hour ago, opengeo said:

Oh it will be so good to binge. I’m watching the 4th episode now and 👀. It’s wild. 

Haven’t watched past episode 1 just yet but I’m looking forward to it. I’ve been side tracked with trying to finish the office before it’s pulled from Netflix with the wife. And I’ve also been rewatching all the Star Wars movies since mandolorian ended. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 8:52 PM, opengeo said:

If you liked seasons 1-3, you will like season 5. 

gonna watch over the weekend. i admit i've been hesitant. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Toty said:

I do it once every two years and it never gets old. I love the transition between the end of Rogue I and the beginning of ANH.

it's amazing how much the prequels screwed things up though

Yeah I'd say I'm a casual star wars fan who has seen every movie. But I only saw the prequels once when they came out and I was 10-15 years old so I didn't remember them well. After madolorian ended though I just wanted to rewatch everything.

Watched IV, V, VI first and then I, II, and just finished III last night. I is flat out horrible, but this time around I did enjoy II and III much more than I thought I would. II, if you ignore the Anakin and Padme scenes, wasn't half bad in my opinion.

Going to finish out the rest of the movies then start watching the clone wars tv show.

On 12/31/2020 at 8:52 AM, Alpha_TATEr said:

gonna watch over the weekend. i admit i've been hesitant. 

It's a shame. They really F'd up the Burn Gorman season. They should have focused more on the Marcos Inaros story last season and left the gate world to a spin off or not touched it all. I remember thinking at the time the gate would either be adapted really well or fall completely flat. Unfortunately it was the latter.

3 episodes in, already light years better than last season, glad I’m sticking with it. Seems they’re back on track which is awesome news. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

3 episodes in, already light years better than last season, glad I’m sticking with it. Seems they’re back on track which is awesome news. 

Told ya. 👍

• Like 1

They’re back to focusing on what made the show great to begin with. The characters and the realistic politics of a civilization only recently able to settle out of immediate earth orbit. The gate story is too grand for this show. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hah. Incredible episode again. One after another. Characters so well developed even newer ones i didn’t care for until this season. So impressed with the quality of this show. 

I'm all caught up on this season, this show is back to its former glory. I will say I am surprised, I had all but given up after last season.

• Like 1