Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The protocol HAS CHANGED. Teams can now forfeit games due to Covid. A friend of Carson’s could get Covid, and Carson could miss a game due to trace reporting even if he doesn’t have Covid. The same applies for other unvaccinated teammates. Godell’s new mandate has absolutely changed things. 

You are basing this entire absurd notion on the fact that you KNOW he is not vaccinated.  

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You are basing this entire absurd notion on the fact that you KNOW he is not vaccinated.  

Actually I wrote it’s LIKELY HE ISN’T VACCINATED. With that being the case you’re all ASSuming he is which is ridiculous considering he’s on one of the least vaccinated teams in the league and you know how he is as a person. I know it’s hard to look at the guy objectively for many of you though. I also wrote an important teammate could also be unvaccinated (like an LT) who gets replaced by a stiff that could cause Carson to be injured too. No matter how you look at it this mandate by the league could put that potential first in jeopardy. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

you know how he is as a person

Yeah, we all know his feelings and beliefs on medicine.  You are really reaching here.

Just now, downundermike said:

Yeah, we all know his feelings and beliefs on medicine.  You are really reaching here.

Naw you’re really ignoring, but I’m not surprised. I’ll mention it one more time. It’s not just him. A large portion of his current team isn’t vaccinated. As such a few critical players could be out and that could cause an injury to him or he could (dare I say it) get hit around like he did last season and spiral downward again. But I know nothing bad ever happens to super Carson right? 😒

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The protocol HAS CHANGED. Teams can now forfeit games due to Covid. A friend of Carson’s could get Covid, and Carson could miss a game due to trace reporting even if he doesn’t have Covid. The same applies for other unvaccinated teammates. Godell’s new mandate has absolutely changed things. 

A team forfeitting a game does not effect the percentage of offensive snaps that Wentz takes.  A friend of Carsons's could have gotten covid last year.  At the time of the trade for Wentz a friend of Carson could potentially get covid in the future.  Literally nothing has changed risk wise from the time of the trade until now.  Goodell new mandate changes nothing at all regarding this trade except for the scenario where Carson misses several games for any reason and the Colts forfeit a game due to a covid outbreak and miss the playoffs as a result. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Naw you’re really ignoring, but I’m not surprised

Not ignoring anything.  You are making an absurd assumption that you know enough about Carson Wentz to know if he is vaccinated or not.  I could provide statistical data about POC having vaccine hesitancy and then make the same post and say Jalen Hurts is probably not vaccinated.  

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

A team forfeitting a game does not effect the percentage of offensive snaps that Wentz takes.  A friend of Carsons's could have gotten covid last year.  At the time of the trade for Wentz a friend of Carson could potentially get covid in the future.  Literally nothing has changed risk wise from the time of the trade until now.  Goodell new mandate changes nothing at all regarding this trade except for the scenario where Carson misses several games for any reason and the Colts forfeit a game due to a covid outbreak and miss the playoffs as a result. 

Any of us could have gotten Covid last year (apparently we can now too), but the difference is UNLIKE LAST YEAR everything is open. We are NO LONGER ENCOURAGED TO SOCIAL DISTANCE. This is nothing like last season at all. 

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not ignoring anything.  You are making an absurd assumption that you know enough about Carson Wentz to know if he is vaccinated or not.  I could provide statistical data about POC having vaccine hesitancy and then make the same post and say Jalen Hurts is probably not vaccinated.  

Its possible Hurts isn’t vaccinated, but this isn’t about Hurts. This is about the potential to lose a first round pick. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Its possible Hurts isn’t vaccinated, but this isn’t about Hurts. This is about the potential to lose a first round pick. 

Based on your second post in this thread, this is nothing more than your thinly veiled agenda to take shots at the former QB of the Eagles.

27 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Actually I wrote it’s LIKELY HE ISN’T VACCINATED

Which you are basing off of KNOWING things about Wentz, he likes guns, conservative, religious. That's just as ignorant as saying Hurts likely isn't vaccinated because of his skin color. 

3 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Just ask @NoDak Eagle if the Wentz's are vaccinated or not. 

This entire topic is stupid.  I would be more worried about Henry and Julio Jones than Covid in regards to the Colts winning the division.  The fact that the Colts had the 7th best offensive line last year, during what they called a down year for them, Carson will be protected and play the snaps required.

3 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Which you are basing off of KNOWING things about Wentz, he likes guns, conservative, religious. That's just as ignorant as saying Hurts likely isn't vaccinated because of his skin color. 

But you can show statistical data about vaccine hesitancy among POC.  There is no statistical data about people who like guns and vaccine hesitancy.

Just now, downundermike said:

But you can show statistical data about vaccine hesitancy among POC.  There is no statistical data about people who like guns and vaccine hesitancy.

Oh I know. But the majority of these players aren't passing up the NFL dream because of the vaccine. 

14 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Any of us could have gotten Covid last year (apparently we can now too), but the difference is UNLIKE LAST YEAR everything is open. We are NO LONGER ENCOURAGED TO SOCIAL DISTANCE. This is nothing like last season at all. 

Things were starting to open up around the time he got traded.  This is no recent revelation.  You're freaking out over nothing. 

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Things were starting to open up around the time he got traded.  This is no recent revelation.  You're freaking out over nothing. 

As I already stated........

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Based on your second post in this thread, this is nothing more than your thinly veiled agenda to take shots at the former QB of the Eagles.

I always have great conversation with eazyeagles and agree on most things with him ... That being said there is times you get your head wrapped around some sheet that you refuse to let go of ... This is one of times, sorry man I think you are getting a little nuts with this one. 

54 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I’m asking the question, but not freaking out. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

Statistically Wentz is on one of the least vaccinated teams unlike Hurts, but whatever makes you feel better about supporting Wentz. Anyways to act like Wentz having a vital teammate out with Covid couldn’t cause him to stumble, regress, or get injured himself can’t be a factor makes no sense. We saw this dude struggle when teammates were out. We saw this dude get injured before. To act like everything is okay is foolish. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I always have great conversation with eazyeagles and agree on most things with him ... That being said there is times you get your head wrapped around some sheet that you refuse to let go of ... This is one of times, sorry man I think you are getting a little nuts with this one. 

Every time they say the same things. When I’m right they say nothing. I pretty much believed this 1st was in the bag, but Godell’s new rules could impact that especially with the fact the Colts are one of the least vaccinated teams. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m asking the question, but not freaking out. 

Statistically Wentz is on one of the least vaccinated teams unlike Hurts, but whatever makes you feel better about supporting Wentz. Anyways to act like Wentz having a vital teammate out with Covid couldn’t cause him to stumble, regress, or get injured himself can’t be a factor makes no sense. We saw this dude struggle when teammates were out. We saw this dude get injured before. To act like everything is okay is foolish. 

If he struggles with teammates out then that actually works in the favor of the Eagles because that draft pick will likely be better. 

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

If he struggles with teammates out then that actually works in the favor of the Eagles because that draft pick will likely be better. 

Or he gets benched and fails to meet the requirements. Or worse he gets injured. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Every time they say the same things. When I’m right they say nothing. I pretty much believed this 1st was in the bag, but Godell’s new rules could impact that especially with the fact the Colts are one of the least vaccinated teams. 

It could but, I'm not worried about it just yet. Cause we still don't know the exact details behind all of this just yet. If you end up right I'll be sure to pop in here to give you your credit but, this thread might be locked before then 😛

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

It could but, I'm not worried about it just yet. Cause we still don't know the exact details behind all of this just yet. If you end up right I'll be sure to pop in here to give you your credit but, this thread might be locked before then 😛

Frankly I don’t see how anyone can look at Godell’s ruling and not be a little concerned about that pick. If I’m the Eagles and I were trying to make any trades that pick would be included easily. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Or he gets benched and fails to meet the requirements. Or worse he gets injured. 

Wentz would have to miss 5 games with covid to put him below the 75% requirement of playtime.  He would have to miss 6 to put him below the 70% and Colts still male the playoffs requirement. 

If Wentz is so bad that he gets benched then Wentz is just washed at this point and is who he is.  That won't have anything to do with covid.  Neither will him getting injured have anything to do with Goodells new guidelines issues yesterday. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Frankly I don’t see how anyone can look at Godell’s ruling and not be a little concerned about that pick. If I’m the Eagles and I were trying to make any trades that pick would be included easily. 

Because there is no correlation. 

Archived