Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

He thought he could do better without the Eagles. He thought wrong. 

And a lot of the blame went to the coach in Pederson. He was supposed to do better with Reich who could 'get the best out of him'. Funnily enough, two of the assistant coaches that Eagles fans complained about in Groh and Press Taylor are now with the Colts.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Colts pick is about as good as it could be... Miami really fd us by going on a tear the last half of the year... Fing bums 

9 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Not me. Granted, other than Chip, I'm slow to want a coach fired but Doug deserved at least one more season and depending on how this season would have gone, maybe more. 

I suspect that there was more to the situation than what we (or at least I) know. 

If I remember the media reports the final nail for Doug was wanting to make Press Taylor the OC. I think the other sticking point was where they were at in the rebuild

7 hours ago, Infam said:

I wanted to keep DP but am happy with Siri now.

Same. Siri has done a great job turning the season around and has some of the same aggressive play calling tendencies that Pederson had. If he and the team keep improving at the rate they have we're onto winner.

10 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Maybe Reich isn't as good as people think. He was fired from the chargers and was almost fired from the eagles after 1 season and if you read some of those posts people have been fed up with Reich as a play caller longer then this year. 

Hitching his wagon to Wentz is probably the dagger

I agree. I’ve never bought into the idea that Reich was the one really responsible for our Super Bowl. I like Reich, but I also believe he, Doug and DeFillipo were the perfect storm at the right time and they all together played a role and worked great together. 

Whether Hurts is the long term answer remains to be seen but I’m certainly glad we’ve got him instead of Carson this year and next. 

8 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Second pic is a colts fan talking smack of philly

Screenshot_20220110-032720_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220110-033543_Chrome.jpg

Jokes on them. We have ONE because the Saints ended 9-8.

2 hours ago, Mat said:

And a lot of the blame went to the coach in Pederson. He was supposed to do better with Reich who could 'get the best out of him'. Funnily enough, two of the assistant coaches that Eagles fans complained about in Groh and Press Taylor are now with the Colts.

Now the Colts fans are blaming Reich and are ripping him. It’s like the drama follows the quarterback. I wonder why?

2 minutes ago, bitbased said:

Jokes on them. We have ONE because the Saints ended 9-8.

Same Saints team that shut out Tom Brady. 

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Maybe Reich isn't as good as people think. He was fired from the chargers and was almost fired from the eagles after 1 season and if you read some of those posts people have been fed up with Reich as a play caller longer then this year. 

Hitching his wagon to Wentz is probably the dagger

It’s possible that he’s not as good as people thought. I always felt like way too much credit for 2017 was given to him. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

It’s possible that he’s not as good as people thought. I always felt like way too much credit for 2017 was given to him. 

It isn't just possible. It is very likely. 2017 at this point is the major major outlier in his nfl career. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It isn't just possible. It is very likely. 2017 at this point is the major major outlier in his nfl career. 

It’s probably an outlier for every player/coach/GM connected to 2017. 

6 hours ago, nipples said:

Whether Hurts is the long term answer remains to be seen but I’m certainly glad we’ve got him instead of Carson this year and next. 

Absolutely correct.  I don't know if he's the long term guy either, but I'll roll with a rapidly-improving 23 year old who is unflappable under pressure over a brooding, inconsistent under-achiever with a $28 million dollar cap hit.  

And we haven't even mentioned the 3 first round draft picks, 2 in the top 20. 

Alright mates, it's settled.  The Colts pick that belongs to the Eagles is locked in at #16 (Dolphins pick is #15).

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-draft-order-2021-nfl-regular-season

A. Discuss how the team will use those picks in other existing topics.

B. If you want to keep arguing the same points about Carson Wentz or discuss his Colts career start a topic in Around the NFL forum.

Note: obviously Wentz will make it into topics discussing him as a former Eagle or comparisons to Hurts.  You don't need to nitpick and tell people you can't talk about Wentz at all in TATE.  Just use some sense, if you want to talk at length about his current Colts career and his future do that in Around the NFL.  

Archived