Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Wentz would have to miss 5 games with covid to put him below the 75% requirement of playtime.  He would have to miss 6 to put him below the 70% and Colts still male the playoffs requirement. 

If Wentz is so bad that he gets benched then Wentz is just washed at this point and is who he is.  That won't have anything to do with covid.  Neither will him getting injured have anything to do with Goodells new guidelines issues yesterday. 

This is where we disagree, because we have seen Carson struggle and get injured with players out, and if a player being out due to Covid causes either one of these issues then it’s directly related to Covid. 😂

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I always have great conversation with eazyeagles and agree on most things with him ... That being said there is times you get your head wrapped around some sheet that you refuse to let go of ... This is one of times, sorry man I think you are getting a little nuts with this one. 

This post clearly shows you his agenda is to bash Carson Wentz.

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

That is to assume he is one of the players who is vaccinated. Knowing what I know about the player I have my doubts. 

Just now, downundermike said:

This post clearly shows you his agenda is to bash Carson Wentz.

No the "agenda” here is to discuss if Godell’s move has any effect on the Colts pick. You all are hung up on Wentz, but to act like Its not possible for Wentz to have forgone the vaccine on one of NFLs least vaccinated teams is foolishness.  

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

No the "agenda” here is to discuss if Godell’s move has any effect on the Colts pick. You all are hung up on Wentz, but to act like Its not possible for Wentz to have forgone the vaccine on one of NFLs least vaccinated teams is foolishness.  

It is your statement, " what I know about the player " that makes it quite clear what you are doing.  You know NOTHING about Carson Wentz in regards to his personal life, medical choices etc.

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

This is where we disagree, because we have seen Carson struggle and get injured with players out, and if a player being out due to Covid causes either one of these issues then it’s directly related to Covid. 😂

If he is bad enough again that he gets benched then that is just on Wentz being awful. He had a lot of players out in 2019 and he played well.  He was awful from the second half forward the entire season last year and that was on Wentz.  Furthermore, the NFL ruling yesterday does nothing whatsoever to change the probability that already existed that a player would be out with covid. That is the entire concept of your thread. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

It is your statement, " what I know about the player " that makes it quite clear what you are doing.  You know NOTHING about Carson Wentz in regards to his personal life, medical choices etc.

Man you guys really still get so butthurt over Wentz. Truth is you know nothing about the player either so you can’t defend it as if you know he got the shot. With being the case it’s still an issue regardless, cause if other key players aren’t in there it could potentially hurt his chances to meet the numbers needed. Like the report states the Colts are one of the worst teams at being vaccinated. The potential for this to be an issue is there. Stop being so caught up in defending Carson’s honor. It has nothing to do with this. 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

If he is bad enough again that he gets benched then that is just on Wentz being awful. He had a lot of players out in 2019 and he played well.  He was awful from the second half forward the entire season last year and that was on Wentz.  Furthermore, the NFL ruling yesterday does nothing whatsoever to change the probability that a player would be out with covid. That is the entire concept of your thread. 

But we have witnessed him struggle with lesser players. Actually a lot of quarterbacks would so if guys are constantly missing due to Covid and it causes him to struggle or worse it absolutely will have an effect on the Eagles getting the first. By the NFL ruling the way that they did it’s obviously a move by them to make it clear to the players that last season issues will not be tolerated. No more make up games. You either play or you don’t. If it weren’t an issue people wouldn’t be talking about it. The NFL hit both the players and teams to basically get themselves in order and get vaccinated. The Phillies just had several players knocked out due to one guy getting Covid and other guys being around him unvaccinated. It happened in the MLB and it can happen in the NFL.  

35 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

But we have witnessed him struggle with lesser players. Actually a lot of quarterbacks would so if guys are constantly missing due to Covid and it causes him to struggle or worse it absolutely will have an effect on the Eagles getting the first. By the NFL ruling the way that they did it’s obviously a move by them to make it clear to the players that last season issues will not be tolerated. No more make up games. You either play or you don’t. If it weren’t an issue people wouldn’t be talking about it. The NFL hit both the players and teams to basically get themselves in order and get vaccinated. The Phillies just had several players knocked out due to one guy getting Covid and other guys being around him unvaccinated. It happened in the MLB and it can happen in the NFL.  

If Wentz plays so bad this year that he is benched it is because he is just a bad QB at this point.  He was bad and benched last year and it had nothing at all to do with COVID then.

The NFL ruling does not at all effect the Wentz trade.  If the Colts lose a game and don't get to make up for it then that has no effect on Wentz playing 75% of the Colts offensive snaps.  Snaps aren't still being played if the game is forfeited.  

6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

If Wentz plays so bad this year that he is benched it is because he is just a bad QB at this point.  He was bad and benched last year and it had nothing at all to do with COVID then.

The NFL ruling does not at all effect the Wentz trade.  If the Colts lose a game and don't get to make up for it then that has no effect on Wentz playing 75% of the Colts offensive snaps.  Snaps aren't still being played if the game is forfeited.  

I get your 70-75% of the snaps point, but if Covid does effect the players around him and it causes his to struggle it will. If Covid causes Wentz to miss multiple games due to trace or direct contact it will. We are talking about missing roughly 5 games I believe. In January I didn’t think this could be an issue. Heck a day ago I didn’t think this was an issue, but now I’m not as confident about the Eagles being a lock to get that first round pick. 

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I get your 70-75% of the snaps point, but if Covid does effect the players around him and it causes his to struggle it will. If Covid causes Wentz to miss multiple games due to trace or direct contact it will. We are talking about missing roughly 5 games I believe. In January I didn’t think this could be an issue. Heck a day ago I didn’t think this was an issue, but now I’m not as confident about the Eagles being a lock to get that first round pick. 

COVID existed when this trade was made.  COVID still exists.  Nothing changed.  Yesterday's decision has no effect on the trade.  Are you confused and thinking last year they let players play with COVID but as of yesterday's ruling they won't let players play with COVID this year or something?  This entire thread and everything you are arguing is just so completely bizarre.  

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Also evidenced by the fact that they tried to trade up to the top 3 this year in the draft, and the continued reports in Philly and Houston linking the Eagles to Deshaun Watson.

To be clear if Zach Ertz were part of a trade on a conditional first round pick I’d still make this post. If any player former or otherwise were part of a conditional pick I’d still ask the question. Your boy just so happened to be a part of that pick. I’d ask the same questions regardless. 

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

COVID existed when this trade was made.  COVID still exists.  Nothing changed.  Yesterday's decision has no effect on the trade.  Are you confused and thinking last year they let players play with COVID but as of yesterday's ruling they won't let players play with COVID this year or something?  This entire thread and everything you are arguing is just so completely bizarre.  

Covid existed, but the restrictions were also different that’s what you’re missing here. Heck at this time last year most of the country was shut down. Now they’re no restrictions and vaccinated and unvaccinated people are in the same locations with far less regulations. It’s much different from last season and now unvaccinated people have no restrictions on them. Last year unvaccinated players (everyone) pretty much wore masks, but now why does anyone have to? Do you still not see the difference? 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Covid existed, but the restrictions were also different that’s what you’re missing here. Heck at this time last year most of the country was shut down. Now they’re no restrictions and vaccinated and unvaccinated people are in the same locations with far less regulations. It’s much different from last season and now unvaccinated people have no restrictions on them. Last year unvaccinated players (everyone) pretty much wore masks, but now why does anyone have to? Do you still not see the difference? 

And yesterday's NFL ruling has nothing at all to do with anything.  Nothing whatsoever at all to do with that.  As for unvaccinated players they still need to follow protocols with masks and constant testing and all that comes with it when at team facilities.  

Do you still not see that there is no correlation between what the NFL said yesterday and the Wentz trade? 

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

And yesterday's NFL ruling has nothing at all to do with anything.  Nothing whatsoever at all to do with that.  As for unvaccinated players they still need to follow protocols with masks and constant testing and all that comes with it when at team facilities.  

Do you still not see that there is no correlation between what the NFL said yesterday and the Wentz trade? 

No, because like last year even with protocols players were still out due to covid. How can we assume that unvaccinated players today will somehow be safer? How can you expect one of the least vaccinated teams in football not to deal with Covid issues? How does anyone think there isn’t a possibility this could have an effect on Wentz and ultimately (more importantly) the trade? In the end I hope you’re right. I hope the Eagles get their first. That’s all that really matters. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

No, because like last year even with protocols players were still out due to covid. How can we assume that unvaccinated players today will somehow be safer? How can you expect one of the least vaccinated teams in football not to deal with Covid issues? How does anyone think there isn’t a possibility this could have an effect on Wentz and ultimately (more importantly) the trade? In the end I hope you’re right. I hope the Eagles get their first. That’s all that really matters. 

Whether they are safer or not has nothing to do with yesterday's ruling.  Nothing about yesterday's ruling has any effect whatsoever on the Wentz trade.  

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Here’s where the confusion comes in. Your thread starts off talking about the ruling yesterday, and how it affects our pick from Indy. The ruling is about a team of unvaccinated players being part of an outbreak that leads to games getting cancelled leading to a forfeit. Within the body of this thread though, you’re largely talking about either Wentz missing games because you believe he’s not vaccinated because you "know the player”, or team mates not playing leading to him getting injured. 

You seem to be mixing up two separate issues. 

12 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

That he’s a man of faith, a bit stubborn, generally conservative, and a huge advocate of guns. As such he’s very likely not to have been vaccinated and considering he’s on one of the trams with the lowest vaccinated groups it’s very likely he’s among that group. Of course you can think whatever you want, but the truth will surface if the Colts get hit with the Covid bug and we will see who’s playing and who isn’t. 

I am a man of faith, a bit stubborn, generally conservative and an advocate for gun rights.  So, does that mean that you know about my vaccination status too?

Face facts, you don't know anything about whether or not he has been vaccinated.  But it must be fun to act like you do.

12 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not surprised some of you don’t seem to get the idea that Carson likely isn’t vaccinated. It’s just like you didn’t realize Carson wanted out of Philly despite the evidence was as clear as day even before the trade happened. 🙄🤷‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

I'm not surprised that because you don't like him you automatically assume he's not vaccinated.   Nice ad hominem fallacy you've presented though.  Classic example.

13 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

That he’s a man of faith, a bit stubborn, generally conservative, and a huge advocate of guns. As such he’s very likely not to have been vaccinated and considering he’s on one of the trams with the lowest vaccinated groups it’s very likely he’s among that group. Of course you can think whatever you want, but the truth will surface if the Colts get hit with the Covid bug and we will see who’s playing and who isn’t. 

We could always put him on a bus full of liberal, gun-hating, texas lawmakers and see if he ends up testing positive.

17 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

I would be absolutely shocked if information came out that ANY of the 32 starting QBs in the NFL were not vaccinated.  

I’m assuming this has changed, but Sam Darnold said not long ago that he wasn’t vaccinated. Dak seemed to sidestep the question when he was asked, if I remember correctly Baker did the same thing. I think there’s another starting QB that gave out a good hint he isn’t vaccinated, can’t remember who though so I could be wrong on that one. 

Now that could amount to nothing, these guys could be vaccinated and just don’t care to talk about it. But it’s weird to do that & knowingly create a stir instead of just saying yeah I got it. 

I’m sure every QB in the NFL will be heavily "encouraged” to get the vaccine. 

Who cares if he is vaccinated or not that’s his or any players choice... most people seem to think if you get this vaccine you now have a 0% chance of getting covid... 

there are no get out of jail free cards in life and debating weather this changes the outcome of a trade is beyond stupid. The colts might just suck this year that has way more bearing on the outcome of the trade then a vaccine. 

plus from what I read vaccine protocol are in place for unvaccinated players vs vaccinated ones

Not really going out on a limb by thinking the Jesus Freak is one of the unvaccinated.

Carson has lived in North Dakota since he was three.  According to USAFacts.org, North Dakota ranks about 44th out of 50 states in vaccination rate, with a little under 45% of North Dakotans having had at least one vaccination shot.

I don’t think it’s unfair to speculate that Carson might not be vaccinated, and to speculate about the ramifications if he is not.  He might be vaccinated, sure, but he might not.

The OP's fascination with Carson Wentz is both creepy and unhealthy.  I hope he/she seeks help.

Archived