Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

8 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

This is why I didn’t agree with giving Wentz that contract. Dude just can’t stay healthy.

Also why I didn’t agree with the Dickerson pick in the early second. Just hope we get really lucky with him.

Even when this dude is gone he’s still finding a way to screw with the Eagles. Well everyone, but his blind loyalists anyway. From this point I’m no longer keeping my fingers crossed and hoping this becomes a first. I’m expecting a second and wouldn’t mind seeing Howie ship this pick as soon as possible. Of course fragile Wentz has already caused the pick to lose value. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No we can just start saying "2 1sts and a 2nd".... I didn't feel right saying "3 1sts". 

Here's hoping he get s better.. for all of our sakes.

They’re just going through testing right now, so it’s not all bad just yet. How long would a player be out with foot injury/surgery? Is it something he’d be out until at least say week 8 or would week 3-4 be a reasonable guess, or would it be an all season thing?   

So just going off pure hypothetical here, with optimistic shades on & no medical knowledge, say he does get the surgery and is out until a week 5 return. That still leaves enough games (assuming again) that he can hit the 75% of snaps played. Colts would likely go 0-4 during that run. With Wentz back they can experience a rebound and still be a team in the playoff hunt assuming he stays healthy the rest of the year. And it’s a fair chance he could meet the snaps & colts miss the playoffs, resulting in Eagles getting a top 22 pick. Obviously a lot of dominos would have to fall our way, but this could help our hopes of him meeting the snaps & missing playoffs.

Maybe Eason is outplaying him and this is his excuse for getting beat out. 

An ESPN article wrote the following:

Second-year quarterback Jacob Eason took the starter's reps at Friday's practice, with Sam Ehlinger serving as the backup. Eason did not take a snap in 2020.

"He's getting better every day," Brady said about Eason. "Biggest thing, we want to continue getting him reps."

59 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Even when this dude is gone he’s still finding a way to screw with the Eagles. Well everyone, but his blind loyalists anyway. From this point I’m no longer keeping my fingers crossed and hoping this becomes a first. I’m expecting a second and wouldn’t mind seeing Howie ship this pick as soon as possible. Of course fragile Wentz has already caused the pick to lose value. 

Well at least after next year's draft the chapter of Eagles' Wentz will finally be over.  

On 7/29/2021 at 12:51 PM, MF POON said:

I don't see him making it through the season anyway. He'll end up getting hurt at some point.

that's called foreshadowing

I am not wasting my energy wishing for a good outcome with Wentz involved.

I'm just glad he wasn't an Eagle when this happened.

Sounds like the early impression is he won't miss too many games even if surgery is needed. 

He would need to miss 5 games to miss the 75% threshold and 6 games to miss the 70% threshold. 

Already, the probability that he reaches the 75% mark is greatly reduced.

One more injury anywhere in the season and he's done.

It doesn't look good. 

2 hours ago, psychodog said:

Is anyone surprised?  Dude can't even do us a solid on another team.  🙄

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31921384/indianapols-colts-qb-carson-wentz-indefinitely-foot-injury-sources

I'll keep this merged with the existing Wentz/Colts conditional pick topic.  As we get closer to EAGLES football this may get moved to Around the NFL.  

2 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

I'll keep this merged with the existing Wentz/Colts conditional pick topic.  As we get closer to EAGLES football this may get moved to Around the NFL.  

I do not approve moving this to Around the NFL, Mod. 

This is Eagles draft impacting.

7 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

I do not approve moving this to Around the NFL, Mod. 

This is Eagles draft impacting.

I don't care what you "approve."  :P

We'll see how it goes.  If it is just people rehashing the same debates about Wentz we had the last year there's no point.  Tracking his progress and the impacts on the conditional pick is fine.  

Maybe they put too much pressure on Wentz, drafting Ehlinger and all..🙈

25 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Sounds like the early impression is he won't miss too many games even if surgery is needed. 

He would need to miss 5 games to miss the 75% threshold and 6 games to miss the 70% threshold. 

This dude is already missing time and they haven’t started playing games yet. He’s finished a season once so far and is coming off the worse season of his career. Realistically the second round pick seems more plausible than that first. 

2 hours ago, MeccaDon123 said:

No we can just start saying "2 1sts and a 2nd".... I didn't feel right saying "3 1sts". 

Here's hoping he get s better.. for all of our sakes.

What happened to the Eagles' 2nd round pick?   Did they spend that one already and I missed it?

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

What happened to the Eagles' 2nd round pick?   Did they spend that one already and I missed it?

My comment was just based on the "3 1sts" some of us use to casually say assuming Wentz would be fine in Indy. I'm honestly not sure of the rest of our picks next season.

Just now, MeccaDon123 said:

My comment was just based on the "3 1sts" some of us use to casually say assuming Wentz would be fine in Indy. I'm honestly not sure of the rest of our picks next season.

I think we'll have two 1s and two 2s... or three 1s and one 2.

44 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Sure if you measure it by games. Pretty sure this is based on "snaps taken". The issue becomes, if he misses a series of games and they get someone in there that is successful, Wentz could be healthy enough to play, but still ride the bench. And Indy could very well make that happen in order to keep their 1st. This is their worst nightmare come true and based on Wentz's history, they will be doing all they can to prepare for Wentz to be on the bench this season. 

Pretty sure this is not the start either fanbase wanted.

1 minute ago, MeccaDon123 said:

Sure if you measure it by games. Pretty sure this is based on "snaps taken". The issue becomes, if he misses a series of games and they get someone in there that is successful, Wentz could be healthy enough to play, but still ride the bench. And Indy could very well make that happen in order to keep their 1st.

yup.  70% plus playoffs OR 75%.

Reports are Carson needs surgery, at some point to correct the injury. He may try to play through it.  Either way, we’re getting a second.  It was never going to be a first.  

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

yup.  70% plus playoffs OR 75%.

Yes it’s based off snaps I remember a few years ago we traded a safety to the pats with a similar deal just lower round picks.. he was doing pretty good but they played him just enough so that he didn’t make the snaps he needed and we received the lesser pick.

if the colts and it has anything to do with wentz I could easily see them sitting him so we don’t get the higher pick.

Archived