The Matrix 4

opengeo

12 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I still think this will bomb badly

way to predict that AFTER theaters are shutdown and people will be cautions about congregating back in theaters :nonono:

• Haha 1

Matrix 4 plot:  Neo takes a green pill by accident which gives him uncontrollable explosive diarrhea and hallucinations.  His hallucinations take him to a deeper, darker underground matrix where he can only become "the one" by defeating the vile, smelly Underlord knows as.....Skidmark. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I rewatched the trilogy during this quarantine and never realized 2 and 3 came out the same year. That's crazy to me. Trailer for 3 dropped the same day as 2 opened. Imagine if we got an endgame trailer the day infinity war opened? Hell we didn't even know the name for a while 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BFit said:

I rewatched the trilogy during this quarantine and never realized 2 and 3 came out the same year. That's crazy to me. Trailer for 3 dropped the same day as 2 opened. Imagine if we got an endgame trailer the day infinity war opened? Hell we didn't even know the name for a while 😂

They made them at the same time to save on production costs.  Thus proving the old adage that you get what you pay for.

• Like 2

On 4/27/2020 at 2:11 PM, The_Omega said:

They made them at the same time to save on production costs.  Thus proving the old adage that you get what you pay for.

Yeah I like 2 and 3 well enough, but yeesh...They are way below the value of the first one.

That said, all 3 LOTR movies were done at once, and they are legendary. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Aren't the brothers trans? 

They're the Wachowski Sisters now.

The first one was really good.  The 2nd and 3rd seemed kind of all over the place.  Didn't realize they were made at the same time, but it makes sense now as to why they were what they were.  LOTR being filmed as one massive 9 hour film was probably the only way to do it given all the circumstances.  

Will I watch Matrix 4?  Probably on some pirate site for free.  Otherwise, meh.

On 8/6/2020 at 3:22 PM, opengeo said:

The Matrix 4 Rumored To Be Trans Movie
https://cosmicbook.news/matrix-4-trans-movie?amp

426Ny1J.gif

In the Netflix documentary Disclosure, which tracks the history of trans representation in media across the generations, filmmaker Lilly Wachowski discusses how "being out and trans forces people to look back on my work and apply a trans narrative to it." That includes The Matrix, which many in the trans community now see as an allegory for their experience. In a separate video interview with Netflix, released this week, Wachowski, who created the sci-fi actioner with sibling Lana, says that allegory was indeed "the original intention" for the movie.

:wacko:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NOTW said:

1 was good and they should've stopped there.

Or just made better sequels. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, opengeo said:

Maybe. But 1 ended perfectly. Some stories try to do too much. Leave some imagination and mystery. But studios can't help themselves when something makes money.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 11:28 PM, NOTW said:

In the Netflix documentary Disclosure, which tracks the history of trans representation in media across the generations, filmmaker Lilly Wachowski discusses how "being out and trans forces people to look back on my work and apply a trans narrative to it." That includes The Matrix, which many in the trans community now see as an allegory for their experience. In a separate video interview with Netflix, released this week, Wachowski, who created the sci-fi actioner with sibling Lana, says that allegory was indeed "the original intention" for the movie.

:wacko:

Yeah I was going to say...Pretty sure the first 3 movies were "trans movies." and noone cared. Now all of a sudden it's an issue?

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 12:37 PM, opengeo said:

Agreed. It was a very cool idea that they kind of ruined IMO

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

almost turned the trailer off when the first few notes of white rabbit came on, it's what bad to the bone is to middle aged road trips but for movies about someone's mental state. 

On 4/27/2020 at 1:25 PM, BFit said:

Wouldn't that be kind of spoilerish.

Oh, well I guess X, Y and Z all survive

Something really funky happened when I tried to quote this:

Yeah I was going to say...Pretty sure the first 3 movies were "trans movies." and noone cared. Now all of a sudden it's an issue?

Anyway...

Does that mean that in 2 and 3 where there were hundreds of Smiths, that was an allegory for all the different genders?