The Matrix 4

opengeo

1 hour ago, devpool said:

We did not need another matrix movie. First one is overrated, 2 and 3 were abysmal. 

Animatrix was better than 2 and 3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, paco said:

Something really funky happened when I tried to quote this:

Anyway...

Does that mean that in 2 and 3 where there were hundreds of Smiths, that was an allegory for all the different genders?

TBH I never really read into all the allegories so IDK...Although I think you're being facetious.

I liked the movies...The outside noise never bothered me either way. Trans allegories? Cool. Not that? Also cool. 

Maybe it's just me, but people take these hinted at themes way too seriously in art. If I enjoy the movie/song whatever the medium, I just do.

People will find any reason to bish about ish IMO. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

Prediction: The people broke the truce.

There will be virtue signaling and references to the current political climate. 

On 9/13/2021 at 1:54 PM, devpool said:

We did not need another matrix movie. First one is overrated, 2 and 3 were abysmal. 

Truth

On 8/8/2020 at 12:28 AM, NOTW said:

In the Netflix documentary Disclosure, which tracks the history of trans representation in media across the generations, filmmaker Lilly Wachowski discusses how "being out and trans forces people to look back on my work and apply a trans narrative to it." That includes The Matrix, which many in the trans community now see as an allegory for their experience. In a separate video interview with Netflix, released this week, Wachowski, who created the sci-fi actioner with sibling Lana, says that allegory was indeed "the original intention" for the movie.

:wacko:

Amazing that both siblings have the same mental illness.

I'm about halfway through the new one.  Going with less convincing/capable stunt people was an interesting choice.

39 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

I'm about halfway through the new one.  Going with less convincing/capable stunt people was an interesting choice.

Am I going to need to watch the first 3 as a refresher?  I’m going to see it tomorrow so that’s all I need to know. 

For the first 20-30 minutes I was really impressed with how good it was, then it kind of lost steam as it went. Good but not great.

9 hours ago, Gannan said:

For the first 20-30 minutes I was really impressed with how good it was, then it kind of lost steam as it went. Good but not great.

It's a tacky hook to start off by breaking the 4th wall.  It had a chance to pay off, but it doesn't.  This is a steaming pile of crap even worse than 2&3.  In the words of Sex and the City:  And just like that...Keanu sucks again.  Seriously, I get that Keanu was kind of spoofing on his own performance in the originals but this came off like a bad Shattner impersonation.

• Like 1

I thought it was entertaining. Unnecessary and didn’t advance the franchise or story at all. Almost a reboot but not really.  Don’t expect anything ground breaking. But you should be entertained regardless. 

I have low expectations. A friend is having people over to his home movie theater to watch it so at least there will be booze. Hopefully it will have some entertainment value. 

1 was great, 2 & 3 had a range of scenes from bad to meh to ok. They should've left this franchise alone.

On 12/23/2021 at 11:25 AM, Gannan said:

Yeah, the first half hour kinda felt like the first movie. Then it became average and mediocre.

• Like 1

As soon as the kid driven marketing campain  ERRRRR the 'friendly bots' came on, I pretty much checked out.

Just finished watching it. It was decent. Definitely worth watching. Nothing outstanding but better than I expected. Trinity is still a babe.

I never saw the 2nd or 3rd..... Which is weird because I really liked the first one. 

I was working in bars through college back then so I didn't really go to the movies that much.

After a while, I heard enough people trash them that I never really made it a point to see them