Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2021? Who gets fired

VaBeach_Eagle

I've been doing this thread for about 10 (or more) years, dating back to the old EMB, of course. So here we are again, with training camps beginning and it's time for the 2021 edition. So, who do you think won't last the full season? Who gets fired after the season is concluded? 

Bill Belichick?
Ron Rivera?
Mike McCarthy?
Joe Judge?
Chucky?

Who's on the hot seat? 

Here's last season's haul:

On 6/10/2020 at 9:42 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's about that time of year again, so who's on the hot seat this year?

Bill O'Brien Fired 10/05/2020
Dan Quinn Fired 10/11/2020
Matt Patricia Fired 11/28/2020
Adam Gase Fired 1/3/2021
Doug Marrone Fired 1/4/2021
Anthony Lynn Fired 1/4/2021
Doug Pederson Fired 1/11/2021

Who do you think is in danger this year?

Jon Gruden Resigned October 28th
Urban Meyer Fired December 16th
Vick Fangio Fired January 9th
Mike Zimmer Fired January 10th
Matt Nagy Fired January 10th
Brian Flores Fired January 10th
Joe Judge Fired January 11th 
Dave Cully Fired January 13th 
Sean Payton Resigned January 25th

I think Kraft let’s Belichick coach until he’s ready to step down. 

This may surprise some, but I wouldn’t be totally shocked if Cully was a one and done candidate. Especially if Watson is moved. Was Cully really qualified? Was he hired to appease Watson?

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yeah, I always throw names on there that are safe though... that way if it happens, I look like a genius. :angel

- I could see a scenario where Urban Meyer doesn’t coach in 2022. He has a history of health and/or quitting problems.

- Mike McCarthy is about as bad as it gets. If the Cowboys don’t make the playoffs I’d say he’s a favorite to be gone.

- How many years are left on Matt Nagy’s contract? He seems like a dead man walking.

BONUS FIRING:

Who is going to be the Eagles’ scapegoat following this season? I’ll throw a dart at Passing Game Coordinator Kevin Patullo.

6 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

This may surprise some, but I wouldn’t be totally shocked if Cully was a one and done candidate. Especially if Watson is moved. Was Cully really qualified? Was he hired to appease Watson?

Cully was a WR coach for 27 yrs and a QB coach a couple.of years.... He was a WR coach for the eagles at one point so no.he isn't qualified... Also Watson wanted out before Cully was even hired, now Cully is a players coach and all but, the rumor is like here, no one worth a damn wants to coach the Texans because of their FO issues. 

The original poster said this:

Bill Belichick?
Ron Rivera?
Mike McCarthy?
Joe Judge?
Chucky?

My response:

Belichick- Hell no. The guy is great and has brought them 20 years of success. I think he would step down if he sucks again or if he wanted to come back he would get 1 more final chance in 2022.

Rivera- Hell no. The guy just made the playoffs. Roster is improving.

McCarthy- Yes. If Dallas stinks he is done.

Joe Judge- Hell no. There is a lot of love for him after last season. Giant fans are optimistic and think he could be next Belichick. The GM would get fired, not Judge.

Chuck- Doubtful. He has that 10 year contract but yea the Raiders need to show something. 

Realistic coaches on Hot Seats:

NFC East:

Mike McCarthy

NFC North:

Matt Nagy

Matt LaFleur- Depending on if things get ugly with this Rodgers situation. Doubtful but it could happen.

NFC South:

No One

NFC West:

Pete Caroll- Again doubtful but if there is division with Russell Wilson and Caroll or if he decides to retire.

AFC East:

No One

AFC North: 

Mike Tomlin

AFC South:

Whoever the hell the Texans coach is could be 1 and done if they really suck

Frank Reich- Only if Wentz is extremely bad

AFC West:

Vic Fangio

Gruden

On 7/27/2021 at 4:19 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

IIRC one of the reasons he took the job was because of Watson

On 7/27/2021 at 10:07 PM, SB52 said:

- I could see a scenario where Urban Meyer doesn’t coach in 2022. He has a history of health and/or quitting problems.

- Mike McCarthy is about as bad as it gets. If the Cowboys don’t make the playoffs I’d say he’s a favorite to be gone.

- How many years are left on Matt Nagy’s contract? He seems like a dead man walking.

BONUS FIRING:

Who is going to be the Eagles’ scapegoat following this season? I’ll throw a dart at Passing Game Coordinator Kevin Patullo.

They hired so many executives this offseason. One of them is bound to be a scapegoat for Howie

On 7/29/2021 at 12:19 AM, wrestlevessel said:

Realistic coaches on Hot Seats:

NFC East:

Mike McCarthy

NFC North:

Matt Nagy

Matt LaFleur- Depending on if things get ugly with this Rodgers situation. Doubtful but it could happen.

NFC South:

No One

NFC West:

Pete Caroll- Again doubtful but if there is division with Russell Wilson and Caroll or if he decides to retire.

AFC East:

No One

AFC North: 

Mike Tomlin

AFC South:

Whoever the hell the Texans coach is could be 1 and done if they really suck

Frank Reich- Only if Wentz is extremely bad

AFC West:

Vic Fangio

Gruden

No way Packers fire their HC when they've had so much success 

One bad season with Wentz is not going to get Frank fired

On 7/27/2021 at 4:14 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've been doing this thread for about 10 (or more) years, dating back to the old EMB, of course. So here we are again, with training camps beginning and it's time for the 2021 edition. So, who do you think won't last the full season? Who gets fired after the season is concluded? 

Bill Belichick?
Ron Rivera?
Mike McCarthy?
Joe Judge?
Chucky?

Who's on the hot seat? 

Rivera has built up that defense to be very good. They just need to work on offense and keep the players off of the COVID list. Doubt he's going anywhere

McCarthy could go but likely just given another chance

Is it even possible financially for Raiders to fire him? Everyone knew it was a bad idea when they gave him that huge contract

44 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Rivera has built up that defense to be very good. They just need to work on offense and keep the players off of the COVID list. Doubt he's going anywhere

McCarthy could go but likely just given another chance

Is it even possible financially for Raiders to fire him? Everyone knew it was a bad idea when they gave him that huge contract

They are paying gruden no matter what. If he is putting a crap product on the field then yes it's better to just move on instead of losing more money because they are not getting fans in the seats. 

On 8/1/2021 at 6:30 PM, Mike030270 said:

IIRC one of the reasons he took the job was because of Watson

They hired so many executives this offseason. One of them is bound to be a scapegoat for Howie

No way Packers fire their HC when they've had so much success 

One bad season with Wentz is not going to get Frank fired

Especially now that Wentz is likely going to be out a while due to a broken bone in his foot dating back to high school no one knew about until this past week. 

Zac Taylor Bengals HC

Pete Carroll Seahawks HC

Matt Naby Bears HC

Kyle Shanahan 49ers HC

Kliff Kingsbury Cards HC

Vic Fangio Broncos HC

Mike Zimmer Vikings HC

I forgot about Bears HC. He's a possibility now with whether he sticks with Dalton or lets the rookie play

Vikings are constantly trying and failing at contending. They make these splash signings but nothing happens because of it. Could just be because of the division

I think Cards will let him stay because they just got Murray and also have added more weapons for him

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 9:11 AM, 20dawk4life said:

Zac Taylor Bengals HC

Pete Carroll Seahawks HC

Matt Naby Bears HC

Kyle Shanahan 49ers HC

Kliff Kingsbury Cards HC

Vic Fangio Broncos HC

Mike Zimmer Vikings HC

Of this group, Nagy for sure, Vic Fangio likely, the rest I don't think so.

On 8/31/2021 at 10:18 AM, Wallyhorse said:

Of this group, Nagy for sure, Vic Fangio likely, the rest I don't think so.

I'm not sure how Nagy made it this far he has been atrocious especially after he failed with Trubisky and now you are going to let him try to develop another 1st round pick? Screw that

On 7/27/2021 at 4:14 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Bill Belichick?
Ron Rivera?
Mike McCarthy?
Joe Judge?
Chucky?

Who's on the hot seat? 

Zac Taylor - Bengals

Matt LaFleur - GB

Matt Nagy - Bears

Vic Fangio - Broncos

How about the Browns coach?  If they tread water with Mayfield, the Browns may want to see if someone else can get Mayfield and the offense to the next level.

8 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

How about the Browns coach?  If they tread water with Mayfield, the Browns may want to see if someone else can get Mayfield and the offense to the next level.

Stefanski brought the Browns to the playoffs last year for the first time in long time and they actually won their first playoff game. Unless they go 0-17 this year I cant see them firing him.

38 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Stefanski brought the Browns to the playoffs last year for the first time in long time and they actually won their first playoff game. Unless they go 0-17 this year I cant see them firing him.

I would doubt it also, but they are a franchise that canned Chudzinski (sp), and Freddie Kitchens after one season each, so the Browns doing Browns things wouldn’t be a total shock. 

LaFleur needs to go on notice after that debacle vs. Saints.

Perhaps Joe Judge?

9 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

How about the Browns coach?

I don't think so, unless they miss the playoffs. The Browns looked pretty good against Chiefs despite blowing the 4th quarter. Can't blame them too much, the Chiefs do that to a lot of teams. The Browns would have to implode spectacularly for Stefanski to be fired.

Nagy is favourite to get fired , I suspect he'll get an ultimatum to start Fields before much longer too, I think Zimmer is gone if the Vikes don't make a deep play off run and I think Taylor might have to dump coordinators to save his job if he can't make a big step forward with Burrow fully healthy.

I know there's zero chance of this but... It would be nice if no coaches were fired this year or at the end of it. Would mean Gannon will definitely be going nowhere. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I know there's zero chance of this but... It would be nice if no coaches were fired this year or at the end of it. Would mean Gannon will definitely be going nowhere. 

Depends on if he even wants to be a HC too

He may just be content with being a DC

Archived