Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2021? Who gets fired

VaBeach_Eagle

doesn't Doug P. and the Jags make perfect sense? 

worst team in the NFL, no where to go but up. Young highly touted QB prospect who needs an NFL hand to guide him.  Doug is adept at developing young QBs and helping them succeed...

Urban Meyer was a nitwit dictator and Doug is a players' coach....

seems to me that the Jags job is a perfect fit for Doug. 

Apparently Steve Ross pre-emptively squelched any Jim Harbaugh to Miami rumors given Ross' connections to Michigan.  Odd firing in Miami.  Something behind the scenes no doubt precipitated this.

Flores got a raw deal in Miami. He put that trash heap of a team onto the verge of the playoffs the last two years with winning records (10-6 and 9-8).

Ross must have a new coach in mind. Otherwise the Dolphins just took a big step backwards.

40 minutes ago, Procus said:

Apparently Steve Ross pre-emptively squelched any Jim Harbaugh to Miami rumors given Ross' connections to Michigan.  Odd firing in Miami.  Something behind the scenes no doubt precipitated this.

Flores surprised me as well. It would have been surprising if Nagy wasn't fired. I guess Vikings ownership was tired of the same old.

Flores > McDermott.  It's close, but not that close.  What a ridiculous firing by Miami he was literally the only thing they had going for them rebuild wise.

Me thinks Flores will get another NFL HC job right quickly. Surprised by that firing. 

Zimmer didn't surprise me too much as they always seem to come up small with him as a HC. Agree with eglz1, same old ish from that team/org, so start new, because you already know what you are going to get with Zimmer.

Nagy had one good year, but is not a good HC/Leader. OC somewhere, yes. Pains me a little to say that because I saw him play QB at the U of Delaware way back when. And man, can being an NFL HC age a person!! He is like 43 (7 years younger than me) but looks like he is going on 55. 

8 hours ago, flyerdog said:

doesn't Doug P. and the Jags make perfect sense? 

worst team in the NFL, no where to go but up. Young highly touted QB prospect who needs an NFL hand to guide him.  Doug is adept at developing young QBs and helping them succeed...

Urban Meyer was a nitwit dictator and Doug is a players' coach....

seems to me that the Jags job is a perfect fit for Doug. 

Doug needs great coordinators. It'd really just depend on who he brings in

Unless he somehow fixed his playcalling during his one year break

19 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Doug needs great coordinators. It'd really just depend on who he brings in

Unless he somehow fixed his playcalling during his one year break

Doug made the playoffs two out of three years coached without Reich. Really getting tired of the narrative that Reich was this mastermind and Doug was just along for the ride. 

Reich has made the playoffs 2 out of 4 years in Indy… but he’s 0-1 without Sirianni…  Reich needs great coordinators :whistle:

43 minutes ago, nipples said:

Doug made the playoffs two out of three years coached without Reich. Really getting tired of the narrative that Reich was this mastermind and Doug was just along for the ride. 

Reich has made the playoffs 2 out of 4 years in Indy… but he’s 0-1 without Sirianni…  Reich needs great coordinators :whistle:

Quote the part where I said Reich was the mastermind please. I said he needs a good staff and it's true.

Also the division was complete trash and we squeaked in

9 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Quote the part where I said Reich was the mastermind please. I said he needs a good staff and it's true.

Also the division was complete trash and we squeaked in

Every head coach needs a good staff. 

And ok so the division wasn’t good… the Colts division sucked just as bad. Difference is Reich/Wentz choked against the worst team in the league, from their division, in the game that would have gotten them in. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Anyone else surprised Flores was fired? I think that seems harsh. 

Sadly I’m not surprised. It was a stupid decision, so completely expected from that franchise. There’s a reason they haven’t won a playoff game in 21 years. 

Just now, nipples said:

Sadly I’m not surprised. It was a stupid decision, so completely expected from that franchise. There’s a reason they haven’t won a playoff game in 21 years. 

Yeah that's a really really good point!

3 minutes ago, nipples said:

Every head coach needs a good staff. 

And ok so the division wasn’t good… the Colts division sucked just as bad. Difference is Reich/Wentz choked against the worst team in the league, from their division, in the game that would have gotten them in. 

Who cares about the Colts. I was talking about Doug. He put together a bunch of great minds that collaborated well together and got a SB. When it split up is when it went south

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Who cares about the Colts. I was talking about Doug. He put together a bunch of great minds that collaborated well together and got a SB. When it split up is when it went south

How can you say it "went south” after it was split up? They were only together for two years. One super bowl year, and one 7 win season. 

Two years, one with playoffs and one without, is not nearly a big enough sample. 

My point is that saying Doug needs a good staff is stupid, because all head coaches need a good staff. 

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

How can you say it "went south” after it was split up? They were only together for two years. One super bowl year, and one 7 win season. 

Two years, one with playoffs and one without, is not nearly a big enough sample. 

My point is that saying Doug needs a good staff is stupid, because all head coaches need a good staff. 

I'll agree the wording wasn't good but Doug clearly needs extra support. He sucked with the guys he had in 2018-2020. His 2017 group seemed to work great off of each other

9 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

Dang, they might actually hire someone who can turn that team around now. Would have been good to have another year of Joe Judge and his crappy leadership and coaching to beat up on.

14 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

Dang, they might actually hire someone who can turn that team around now. Would have been good to have another year of Joe Judge and his crappy leadership and coaching to beat up on.

I suspect they are going to be under pressure to bring in a big name (Jim Harbaugh?).

I'd like to see a redemption team like the Raiders pick up Doug/Fangio/Nagy and throw em together.  I'd root for them when I can.

Really weird stories coming out of Miami.  Supposedly ownership thought the roster was underachieving?  Excuse me?  Maybe the worst offensive skill position talent in the entire league?  An OLine that was below avg at best?

2 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

They have hired garbage 2 coaches in a row why do people think they will magically get it right this time?

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They have hired garbage 2 coaches in a row why do people think they will magically get it right this time?

Three garbage coaches in a row…

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

As the guy above said, its 3 (McAdoo, Shurmur, Judge).

But even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. I know Judge is awful. Whoever, the new guy they hire has at least a chance of not being that awful... 

5 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

As the guy above said, its 3 (McAdoo, Shurmur, Judge).

But even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. I know Judge is awful. Whoever, the new guy they hire has at least a chance of not being that awful... 

Sheet, I forgot about shurmur! That one was a blur since the other 2 were also loud mouth jackasses so they stuck out more. 

16 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Three garbage coaches in a row…

I forgot about shurmur he was quiet compared to the other 2 lol

Archived