Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2021? Who gets fired

VaBeach_Eagle

On 10/22/2021 at 11:05 PM, wrestlevessel said:

Vic Fangio definitely done.

I'd say he has done rather well considering the trash they have given him at Qb. The Broncos have been clear overachievers this year, how do you punish that?

I don't think this black monday is going to be all that bad.  I think Judge is out in NY.  Nagy is certainly toast.  The Vikings seem to be perfectly content with mediocrity, i don't see them getting rid of Zimmer/Cousins just yet.  Carrol?  Seems more like Wilson is the one who might leave.  also helps that there aren't a whole lot of buzzy candidates out there.

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

I wonder if the Steelers do a QB and HC reboot.

No way in hell.  Tomlin is one of the best and there is absolutely zero evidence he has lost that locker room.

My list:

Already gone: Gruden, Meyer

Will go: Nagy, Zimmer

Surprises who could go: Culley, Caroll

Feels like less upheaval than recent years with Judge coming back. The other guys are a little too new. Fangio had done a respectable job with that roster.

Judge is not safe.  At this time last year we seriously doubted DP was leaving.  Judge is definitely on shakier ground than SB winning DP AND he's getting a new GM.

• 2 weeks later...

We're closing in on Black Monday, it'll be interesting to see who goes and who stays. 

First one falls

1186681884_Screenshot_20220110-022513_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.f3e861ec220cf028d027d930e38bdcf2.jpg

Considering they're QB situation it may be unfair

2 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Odd to step down after the draft. 

They may be too involved in this year's draft for the head guy to pull the plug gracefully. Maybe Colbert plans to stay somewhat involved as a "senior advisor" type without all the day-to-day BS.

I know it's not likely but with Fangio out at Denver I wouldn't mind him becoming our DC. He's been a very solid DC for at least a decade, probably longer. 

5 hours ago, JohnB said:

I know it's not likely but with Fangio out at Denver I wouldn't mind him becoming our DC. He's been a very solid DC for at least a decade, probably longer. 

Even with the Broncos he had a good D. Just no offense/QB.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Staley surely has to be considered on the block? He probably won't be but he should be really. 

Why?

56 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Raw deal for Fangio, he didn't pick that bust Drew Lock. 

It's the issue with defensive minded HC's in an offense driven league. You need to score points to win and you can't manufacture that consistently from that side of the ball. 

They also had a pretty epic collapse down the stretch when Bridgewater injured himself and they were on the QB carousel

996943153_Screenshot_20220111-013735_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1bc62d51c4274cb02e881d99f06da431.jpg

I saw Nagy and Flores. Flores is a little surprising but it was playoffs or bust for the Dolphins 

1 hour ago, RPeeteRules said:

Why?

He missed the play offs for stupidity... with a very talented offense and Herbert at QB. He's a defensive HC so he should be getting more from that defense. 

21 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He missed the play offs for stupidity... with a very talented offense and Herbert at QB. He's a defensive HC so he should be getting more from that defense. 

Ah, gotcha.  Tough to fire a coach after one year who barely missed the playoffs.

:pizza:

It just hit me. The extra game now the the  NFL has per season, it could save a Coach's job and at the same time get a Coach fired.

I was a little surprised by Zimmer. Not that I should have been surprised, but I just hadn't given him being fired much thought. 

Archived