Training Camp Updates and Injuries

Captain F

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

Oh boy

That's amazing he wouldn't be responsible enough to come to camp in good shape after such a poor rookie year.  Dillard destroyed today by the DL.  A bad first two days for Howie's two first rounders 

15 hours ago, weko said:

That's amazing he wouldn't be responsible enough to come to camp in good shape after such a poor rookie year.  Dillard destroyed today by the DL.  A bad first two days for Howie's two first rounders 

Somehow both will be starters week one though……

12 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Somehow both will be starters week one though……

Reagor will be on the field for sure but Dillard is a complete stiff.  At this point they may only be able to get a 6th round pick for him, a 5 if they are lucky, but that would be addition by subtraction.  He isn't the type of player you want on your team, around your other players.  He only plays LT and unfortunately he can't play it any where near the NFL level.  After just two days I'm sure the FO realizes this now and is racing to make an extension offer to Mailata.  The question is how receptive will Mailata be to an offer that is sure to be a low ball. And what is he worth right now?  Will they offer 7-8 mil a year and will he want 20?  Stay tuned.

4 hours ago, weko said:

Reagor will be on the field for sure but Dillard is a complete stiff.  At this point they may only be able to get a 6th round pick for him, a 5 if they are lucky, but that would be addition by subtraction.  He isn't the type of player you want on your team, around your other players.  He only plays LT and unfortunately he can't play it any where near the NFL level.  After just two days I'm sure the FO realizes this now and is racing to make an extension offer to Mailata.  The question is how receptive will Mailata be to an offer that is sure to be a low ball. And what is he worth right now?  Will they offer 7-8 mil a year and will he want 20?  Stay tuned.

I just hope Howie doesn’t try to force Dillard onto Sirianni because he’s a first round pick. Dillard was already the first guy out with the ones and he didn’t even play last year. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/devonta-smith-injury-eagles-wr-week-week-knee-sprain

Eagles rookie DeVonta Smith diagnosed with knee sprain

Rookie wide receiver DeVonta Smith is listed as "week to week” with a knee sprain, the Eagles announced Monday morning.

The Eagles privately do not seem overly concerned about the injury. The week-to-week designation generally means a player will miss at least two weeks, although the Eagles don’t put specific timetables on injuries.

Smith, the 10th player taken in this year’s draft, hurt his knee toward the end of the Eagles’ non-padded practice at the NovaCare Complex on Saturday afternoon.

The Eagles’ preseason opener against the Steelers at the Linc is 10 days away. They also have preseason games against the Patriots on Aug. 19 and the Jets on Aug. 27. The regular-season opener against the Falcons is 41 days away.

This is the second year in a row the Eagles have drafted a wide receiver in the first round and the second year in a row he’s gotten hurt in camp.

• Sad 1

Just now, rrfierce said:

I’d say it’s pretty believable 😂

14 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Unbelievable. Ugh.

yep and yep. 

• Like 1

2 years in a row the 1st round pick WR gets hurt early.  The concern with Smith was his size and durability in the NFL.  Hopefully this is a minor setback but this team has had the injury curse for years.  :sad:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

2 years in a row the 1st round pick WR gets hurt early.  The concern with Smith was his size and durability in the NFL.  Hopefully this is a minor setback but this team has had the injury curse for years.  :sad:

It sounds like he'll only rest it a couple weeks. We already know he's the #1 here. This should give the rest of the guys more opportunities to improve or showcase improvement. I'm not too worried about Smith's preparation. I'm just happy we have a normal preseason this year which will give the younger players a better chance to prepare than they had last year

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Seems like size wouldn’t have any relation to a non-contact injury. Injuries happen.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2021 at 4:53 PM, NOTW said:

Oh boy

Yikes. Between sparring with fans on social media and this story, it just doesn't sound like this guy is going to fit in well mentally in high-pressure Philly. It's still early, but, man, we could have had Justin Jefferson. Feels bad. 

On 7/31/2021 at 7:43 AM, EazyEaglez said:

I just hope Howie doesn’t try to force Dillard onto Sirianni because he’s a first round pick. Dillard was already the first guy out with the ones and he didn’t even play last year. 

Highly doubt he would "force" Dillard into the starting lineup to save face. If your theory is that it's purely an ego thing, wouldn't he have as much incentive to want Mailata to take the spot and continue to develop into a stud left tackle? Then he would be the GM who discovered this raw talent, plucking him from an Aussie rugby league to become a seventh round steal. Solely from an age and potential standpoint, Mailata gets the nod there as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Bust.

I said that when we drafted the guy, Do Not Like PAC-12 players, the competetion is inferior which usually renders soft players, moreover, he was weak and somewhat smallish, I'd target 325+ guys for the O-Line.

On 8/2/2021 at 2:57 PM, NOTW said:

Something positive 

He will be going back to the wheelchair when he leaves

15 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He will be going back to the wheelchair when he leaves

76161902.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

76161902.jpg

We don't have the best of luck with injuries showing up to eagles camp just getting out of a wheelchair is not a good idea! 

12 hours ago, NOTW said:

Well he’ll have his opportunity to prove himself now with an entirely new coaching staff in place.  Maybe he’s right and we’ll see a strong starting trio in Smith, Reagor, and Fulgham.  And maybe I’ll be meeting up with Kate Beckinsale later for drinks and "dessert”.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Well he’ll have his opportunity to prove hims elf now with an entirely new coaching staff in place.  Maybe he’s right and we’ll see a strong starting trio in Smith, Reagor, and Fulgham.  And maybe I’ll be meeting up with Kate Beckinsale later for drinks and "dessert”.  

Watkins and Hightower and Lewis battle it out for 4th WR.