Training Camp Updates and Injuries

Captain F

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

Well he’ll have his opportunity to prove hims elf now with an entirely new coaching staff in place.  Maybe he’s right and we’ll see a strong starting trio in Smith, Reagor, and Fulgham.  And maybe I’ll be meeting up with Kate Beckinsale later for drinks and "dessert”.  

I believed in you until you said " dessert". 

You got carried away on that

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

'Travis Fulgham said that his fall off last year had something to do with Alshon Jeffery using mind rays from the sideline to make him develop careless hands, said it wasn't his job to actually catch the ball more than half the time it was tossed his way'.

Did he explain why he couldn't even get a roster slot on his other teams? I'd have more respect for Fulgham if he said he just got ideas above his station and lost his way a bit, I'd cut his ass for this happy horseshit.

He's a turbo charged Mack Hollins, massively overrated on the basis of being briefly tallest pygmy on the Island that was the Eagles receivers room 2020, we've already seen his ceiling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Will Hurts play any Tomorrow Night? 

Reports say he's starting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Will Hurts play any Tomorrow Night? 

No (because they don’t play until Thursday).

:P

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

No (because they don’t play until Thursday).

:P

Can't get away from thinking it was hump day. :D

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2021 at 7:10 PM, time2rock said:

Well he’ll have his opportunity to prove himself now with an entirely new coaching staff in place.  Maybe he’s right and we’ll see a strong starting trio in Smith, Reagor, and Fulgham.  And maybe I’ll be meeting up with Kate Beckinsale later for drinks and "dessert”.  

Same GM that made the last coach play Jeffery is still here. Reagor might not deserve to start over Fulgham, but he probably gets the nod regardless. 

29 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Same GM that made the last coach play Jeffery is still here. Reagor might not deserve to start over Fulgham, but he probably gets the nod regardless. 

I think we’re going to see Reagor starting in the slot with Smith.  Fulgham and Watkins are ducking it out for the nod to start opposite Smith (so far looks like Watkins has a leg up).  

11 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I think we’re going to see Reagor starting in the slot with Smith.  Fulgham and Watkins are ducking it out for the nod to start opposite Smith (so far looks like Watkins has a leg up).  

Honestly how Watkins gets it, because his speed is a difference maker. Making Ward a backup player is probably a good thing. I like Ward, but let’s face it. He’s not a special talent. Reagor, Watkins, and Smith all pretty much have similar skill sets though so I am a little concerned about that. Reagor has me doubting him a little bit, but I hope he steps up and proves me wrong. The only guy out of all of these receivers I don’t care if they dumped would be JJAW. Overall I do think the FO has far too much say on these matters. 

52 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Honestly how Watkins gets it, because his speed is a difference maker. Making Ward a backup player is probably a good thing. I like Ward, but let’s face it. He’s not a special talent. Reagor, Watkins, and Smith all pretty much have similar skill sets though so I am a little concerned about that. Reagor has me doubting him a little bit, but I hope he steps up and proves me wrong. The only guy out of all of these receivers I don’t care if they dumped would be JJAW. Overall I do think the FO has far too much say on these matters. 

Well the FO seemed to let Sirianni put together his own staff, so hopefully they also let him manage the game day roster.  I want the coaches deciding who makes the team - who they feel are best fits and put in the most effort over the summer - not based on draft status.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Well the FO seemed to let Sirianni put together his own staff, so hopefully they also let him manage the game day roster.  I want the coaches deciding who makes the team - who they feel are best fits and put in the most effort over the summer - not based on draft status.  

It seems like Sirianni built his own staff, but there are still some holdovers too. I don’t know if that due to Sirianni wanting those guys or the Eagles saying this guy is under contract or we want to keep him. If Duce didn’t request his release would he still be here? The Fulgham tweet from last year really made it seem like Howie forced the coaches to play Jeffery. I hope he will be more hands off, but I’m really doubting that will be the case. Let’s be honest here. Sirianni is coaching the Eagles because they view him as a controllable asset and not cause he was the most qualified. Heck DP had one losing season and they fired him mainly because he was no longer a controllable asset.