Carson wentz out indefinitely

DBW

You know what's really great?  We don't have to worry about this, it's not our problem!!   Yep, this is not posted in TATE, it's in ATN.  

I can't even imagine what the injury actually is, non-contact injury.  Stress fracture or something maybe?  

I hope the Colts draft a QB in the 2nd round next year as an insurance policy, just to screw with his head. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Erie said:

I hope the Colts draft a QB in the 2nd round next year as an insurance policy, just to screw with his head. 

They don't have gaping holes on their roster, and have killed it in the draft, so they have that luxury.  The Eagles did not.

1 hour ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

You know what's really great?  We don't have to worry about this, it's not our problem!!   Yep, this is not posted in TATE, it's in ATN.  

I can't even imagine what the injury actually is, non-contact injury.  Stress fracture or something maybe?  

It's not great if he doesn't play 70% of the Colts snaps this season. There would go that first rounder.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

It's not great if he doesn't play 70% of the Colts snaps this season. There would go that first rounder.

True but hey a second round pick is a nice pick still. And let's be honest here... I'd rather a second round pick and Wentz continues to get hurt and struggle than a first round pick and Wentz lights it up. 

• Like 1

No need to cry about the pick.  And for all we know, he'll be on the field on opening day

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

They don't have gaping holes on their roster, and have killed it in the draft, so they have that luxury.  The Eagles did not.

They don't have a quarterback either.  Remember the 91 Eagles?

On the bright side, at least the Eagles got a 2nd and a 3rd for someone that can’t stay healthy.

Can the Colts even get a 3rd for him today?

16 hours ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

75% if no playoffs.

If its a "bone and a ligament", it doesn't sound like a freak happening. It sounds like something that lingered that may well have happened on our roster. We may have dodged a bullet.

On 7/30/2021 at 10:32 AM, toolg said:

Eagles will get a 2nd round pick.

And that 2nd is a million times better than Wentz playing well, getting us a 1st, and the Wentz loving eagles fans and media crying about trading Wentz away for the rest of our lives

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

And that 2nd is a million times better than Wentz playing well, getting us a 1st, and the Wentz loving eagles fans and media crying about trading Wentz away for the rest of our lives

Would you rather have the 1 and hear about Wentz, or have another JJAWful, or Sidney Jones

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Would you rather have the 1 and hear about Wentz, or have another JJAWful, or Sidney Jones

Option 2 if it means we can come together as a fan base and support out current qb this season

Besides… if we are looking at glasses half empty,  that #1 could end up being another Wentz which is a bigger mistake than jjaw and Sidney combined right?

8 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Option 2 if it means we can come together as a fan base and support out current qb this season

Besides… if we are looking at glasses half empty,  that #1 could end up being another Wentz which is a bigger mistake than jjaw and Sidney combined right?

It wasn't for nothing. Eagles got a Super Bowl out of it.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 1:56 PM, downundermike said:

In retrospect, the team would be really up the creek right now if it did not draft Hurts.

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lol they are ready for the drafted QB 

If they don't want a rookie, I'll trade them Hurts for Reich straight up.  

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If they don't want a rookie, I'll trade them Hurts for Reich straight up.  

I'd be ok with that! Then trade back for Wentz and all will well again! 😛

4 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

So option 2, draft a bust and make the team worse because………your feelings.

And why does everybody have to come together and support him ?  Why does everyone have to like him ??  Is he not gonna play as well if we are not United ??

19 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So option 2, draft a bust and make the team worse because………your feelings.

And why does everybody have to come together and support him ?  Why does everyone have to like him ??  Is he not gonna play as well if we are not United ??

I have zero control of who is drafted.or the outcome of the games or does any other fan.   So it’s all about fan experience and enjoying the ride.  

And your hypothetical scenario is exactly that.   A hypothetical scenario.  

the reality is that Wentz is soft as sharmen and I’m grad he is gone and a 1st would be great but I’ll take a 2nd

I could care less if hurts gets the support he deserves this season.  I know I’m rooting for him and that all I control.   But if he did it would make the game day thread and blog less Childish.  

12 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

I have zero control of who is drafted.or the outcome of the games or does any other fan.   So it’s all about fan experience and enjoying the ride.  

And your hypothetical scenario is exactly that.   A hypothetical scenario.  

the reality is that Wentz is soft as sharmen and I’m grad he is gone and a 1st would be great but I’ll take a 2nd

I could care less if hurts gets the support he deserves this season.  I know I’m rooting for him and that all I control.   But if he did it would make the game day thread and blog less Childish.  

At the end of the day, if the Eagles did not draft Wentz, the trophy case would still be empty.