Carson wentz out indefinitely

DBW

I hope he gets well soon, plays 75% of the snaps in a horrible loss filled season for the Colts, and the Eagles get a top 5 pick from them. I hope the Dolphins season implodes and the Eagles get a top 5 pick from them too. I also hope Howie starts drafting HOF talented prospects in bunches every year.

I am a hopeful football fan this time of year.

I also know most hopes go unrealized. Still, that's no reason to abandon hope. Just keep it in perspective. That is all.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, downundermike said:

At the end of the day, if the Eagles did not draft Wentz, the trophy case would still be empty.

I won’t argue that.  But It isn’t certain or fact.   That was a stacked team and a lot of things came together that had nothing to do with Wentz.  I’d also argue that Wentz, as a rookie, wouldn’t have went of fire and lit up the Vikings in the nfccg. And I highly doubt he would have went toe to toe with Brady in the sb like files did.  

I’m not a Wentz hater.  I supported him probably more than I did McMnabb.  I thought he would be tough and durable and get better and better.  My x wife who tends to follow the eagles because I guess my passion rubbed off on her, would always tell me how underwhelmed she was by Wentz.  Point out things about his game and demeanor that my eyes were ignoring.  Same with many of my friends(non eagles fans) telling me Wentz isn’t very impressive just serviceable 

I look quite the fool and homer right bout now. 

41 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

I won’t argue that.  But It isn’t certain or fact.   That was a stacked team and a lot of things came together that had nothing to do with Wentz.  I’d also argue that Wentz, as a rookie, wouldn’t have went of fire and lit up the Vikings in the nfccg. And I highly doubt he would have went toe to toe with Brady in the sb like files did.  

I’m not a Wentz hater.  I supported him probably more than I did McMnabb.  I thought he would be tough and durable and get better and better.  My x wife who tends to follow the eagles because I guess my passion rubbed off on her, would always tell me how underwhelmed she was by Wentz.  Point out things about his game and demeanor that my eyes were ignoring.  Same with many of my friends(non eagles fans) telling me Wentz isn’t very impressive just serviceable 

I look quite the fool and homer right bout now. 

No one thought that team was stacked going into that season though. Also it was Wentz second year not rookie year, there is no way of knowing he was going to make that jump going into his second season. All we knew was Doug looked sketchy as a head coach and Wentz was ok for a rookie and nelson Agholor was still a huge bust and the running backs looked like a collection of crap

Book it:

1) Wentz out for the year

2) Colts trade a 6 to the bears for Foles. 

3) Colts win it all, we get pick 64

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SNOORDA said:

I’d also argue that Wentz, as a rookie, wouldn’t have went of fire and lit up the Vikings in the nfccg.

I guess it’s a good thing Wentz wasn’t a rookie.

Even with the lower pick, it's better for the team to have put that drama in the rear view mirror.

On 7/31/2021 at 3:47 PM, Procus said:

In retrospect, the team would be really up the creek right now if it did not draft Hurts.

Eagles FO had to know about this foot injury that goes back to Wentz's HS days....right? 

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

at this rate, getting a 2nd round pick next year will be a steal for wentz. 

It always was going to be because he isn't going to turn things around in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So that's where the injuries were coming from!

Nfl insurance policies must have a "pre existing condition” clause 😂 

5 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

this wouldve happened here if wentz wasnt traded. this is who he is. 

He's an injury prone player. Was during his time in Philly, was during his time at college. It is who he is. 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 2:45 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's an injury prone player. Was during his time in Philly, was during his time at college. It is who he is. 

High School as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

High School as well.

Exactly. That's just who he is. It's unfortunate for him but that's just how it is. 

23 hours ago, eglz1 said:

For better or for worse, he's back at practice. I'm certain he's not 100%

Supposedly week 1 is possible.

200.gif

On 8/11/2021 at 1:32 PM, eglz1 said:

For better or for worse, he's back at practice. I'm certain he's not 100%

So what you’re saying is if the backup does anything remotely good then Carson isn’t seeing the field anyway!?! 

Carson Wentz’ next 2021 injury will be:

a. Shoulder

b. Broken Arm

c. Broken Hand

d. Concussion

e. Knee

f. Broken Leg

g. Ankle

h. Broken Foot

i. Other

j. No second injury in 2021

On 8/15/2021 at 11:03 AM, SB52 said:

Carson Wentz’ next 2021 injury will be:

a. Shoulder

b. Broken Arm

c. Broken Hand

d. Concussion

e. Knee

f. Broken Leg

g. Ankle

h. Broken Foot

i. Other

j. No second injury in 2021

Write in for Torn thumb ligament in throwing hand. 

On 8/14/2021 at 2:09 PM, wyote said:

Should the thread title be changed to "Carson Wentz in indefinitely"? 

That works too.