Jones over Hurts

nicks

could have traded down and gotten Jones. He showed a lot of composure, avoided hits and sacks, and showed that he doesn't't have a weak arm. I don't care it is pre season, he still has to throw the ball and get it where it is supposed to go.Darn Belichick has an off year, then rebuilds, and we just plod along. Hopefully Hurts can get some time in next game, and show that he is the future. It's so sad how many first round flops Eagles have had. Hopefully Smith stays healthy and flourishes..I thought Fulgham was the second coming last year.....what happened?

4 minutes ago, nicks said:

could have traded down and gotten Jones. He showed a lot of composure, avoided hits and sacks, and showed that he doesn't't have a weak arm. I don't care it is pre season, he still has to throw the ball and get it where it is supposed to go.Darn Belichick has an off year, then rebuilds, and we just plod along. Hopefully Hurts can get some time in next game, and show that he is the future. It's so sad how many first round flops Eagles have had. Hopefully Smith stays healthy and flourishes..I thought Fulgham was the second coming last year.....what happened?

I think the Pats will always be competitive with belicheat because of how good he is with defense, he just knows how to build coach and call defenses.

When he can get a good qb then along with that consistent Defense they can make some noise.

I'm not sure mack Jones is that guy but I know Can Newton isn't.

Oh good I was waiting for this thread. 

I love the " I know it's only preseason" but I'm going to panic about everything going on anyways. 

Also the "we can't judge a guy off of preseason" but, I'm just going to go ahead and judge a guy off of preseason. 

7 minutes ago, nicks said:

We have a Hurts topic, a topic about bad drafting, the EMB Blog for discussing anything.  Yet you post a new topic to whine.  

200.gif

• Like 1

Yes they could have. But why are we comparing Jones and Hurts when Hurts didn't even play yesterday? Why are we writing Hurts off when he flashed potential for a guy who's played well in preseason?

and I remember some of you laughing when I suggested drafting Mac Jones before the draft...well he HAS 2 very nice games under his belt, and we are hoping Hurts plays well. WELL, all I have to say is another crap season is coming, and then another....but the enablers will keep putting others down , maybe because of some inadequacies that necessitate laughing at others. Why is it so difficult to listen to other people  Maybe Howie should try that too

16 minutes ago, nicks said:

and I remember some of you laughing when I suggested drafting Mac Jones before the draft...well he HAS 2 very nice games under his belt, and we are hoping Hurts plays well. WELL, all I have to say is another crap season is coming, and then another....but the enablers will keep putting others down , maybe because of some inadequacies that necessitate laughing at others. Why is it so difficult to listen to other people  Maybe Howie should try that too

What's Jones proven in real nfl games so far? Look maybe he is a very good QB but until he does it in the NFL don't get too ahead of yourself. Right now Hurts has shown more in the NFL than Jones. At this point both are hopes and not proven. 

10 hours ago, nicks said:

5BD32B85-F075-4012-9969-98C2DF61B85D.jpeg

Jones over hurts all day long, this is a great thread, OP eats dung

• Haha 2

How bout you enable me to shove a ball with spikes up your chimphole and then backhand you across the temple?  

• Haha 2

I like Jones and all BUT He played 2 preseason games with the backups. 

Maybe wait at least till mid season when he is playing with the 1's and in games that matter. Now if this was a post right after the draft just saying you felt Jones would have been a better pick fine. But posting a "I told you so" topic after 2 preseason games is just dumb. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, nicks said:

Enablers will continue to enable. Did you by chance also think Bleach was a cure???

no, but i have zero doubts you're a flat earther. you should have a conversation with eagleva. 

I thought Jones was the best QB in the draft (and still do) but the "conventional wisdom" narrative pushed by the expert commentators  
was gobbled up by everyone except Bill Belichik.

That said, it's a little early to be wringing our hands over Hurts. Let's see what he does this year.

If the Eagles fail this year, I suspect it'll be due to more injuries, not Hurts.
Our starters look good, not sure about the back-ups, especially on defense.

• Like 1

I'm glad this thread made it where all nicks and jp hall of fame threads belong. 

• Like 1

Jones did a pretty good job in college and now in the pros he has a coach who knows how to win. Hurts was good in college but why did he transfer? Was relegated to 2nd team perhaps. Anyway, two different types of QB's. I am biased towards a true pocket passer so based on what has been shown from both QB's (Hurts in 2020/2021 and Jones 2021) and with Jones in a better organization I would go with him. Like everyone else we have not seen enough of both but it's a team game and I would stick with the Patriots. 

Mac Jones 10/14. 156 yds. Brady plays  Lamar plays. I guess they need playing time. Whereas our Wonderkid sits out because he had a couple joint practices. Jones will definitely be much better than Hurts. Composure.  Smarts. 

"New England Patriots cut Cam Newton; Mac Jones to start"

I told you so. But then what does Belichick have over Howie in judging talent???? Wow good enough to start for the Patriots but not good enough for the enabling, know it all clow%# on here. Hey Howie and others time to add newton to the QB factory

The intelligent responses are starting....Mac Jones is good enough for the Patriots but know it alls like some of the above know better.....Oh wait till Hurts starts faltering...oh...oh....bring on the "mustache", and I will laugh at the Jones doubters

29 minutes ago, nicks said:

The intelligent responses are starting....Mac Jones is good enough for the Patriots but know it alls like some of the above know better.....Oh wait till Hurts starts faltering...oh...oh....bring on the "mustache", and I will laugh at the Jones doubters

actually the issue is simple, nobody gives a flying F what you think and would much rather you suck on a running car's tailpipe you POS dallas fan. 

• Haha 1