EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, RLC said:

Yup, I fear the Colts win the division at 7-10 while Wentz just misses 70%.

So the Titans have one bad opening game and now they won't even win 7 games? They have won 9 games or more 5 seasons in a row and they only improved their team this year they will be fine. 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Hopefully we don't have to worry about ward anymore.

Players like Ward tend to get overrated when he is actually the best player on the field at that time. 

I like Ward a lot and I think he played well for what we had and how he was just thrown in there. 

That being said now that we actually do have players better then Ward and I don't have to worry about him being the best player I could not care less about him. 

I really don't see anyone pounding the table to get Ward on the field so far this year because he isn't needed. 

Ward as a person and a story is wonderful and he did help the Eagles down the stretch that one year. As a player though, he just is not good and I really thought that he would have been replaced on the roster right now. He really brings nothing to the Eagles.

I  mean I would rather them bring KeeSean Johnson up and put Ward on the PS.

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Yup, I fear the Colts win the division at 7-10 while Wentz just misses 70%.

I tend to think the Colts will be better as the season goes along unless they get annihilated by covid. They are going to get fisher back soon and he’s a massive upgrade over Davenport. Kelly and Nelson didn’t play the entire preseason and missed almost all of training camp so they’ll round into form. The right side of the line needs to improve though. Glowinski was Matt pryor bad. Smith dealing with a foot injury but he is usually much better too. And they eventually get Hilton back. 

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Carson....:nonono:

Smith was dealing with a foot injury on Sunday. It really showed in the second half. He just was consistently getting pushed back and not able to really use his athleticism and be on the attack. At least he has an excuse. Glowinski was just Matt pryor in that game 

Just now, pallidrone said:

Ward as a person and a story is wonderful and he did help the Eagles down the stretch that one year. As a player though, he just is not good and I really thought that he would have been replaced on the roster right now. He really brings nothing to the Eagles.

I  mean I would rather them bring KeeSean Johnson up and put Ward on the PS.

I get where you at coming from and I know how this team has been but, I think 4th receiver is a good spot for him. It's nice to not have to rely on guys like that. Right now we don't. Not to many teams can even go 3 receivers deep let alone a guy that plays well when called upon from the 4th spot. 

15 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So the Titans have one bad opening game and now they won't even win 7 games? They have won 9 games or more 5 seasons in a row and they only improved their team this year they will be fine. 

The Titans are the most Jekyll and hyde team in the league. They’ll win 9 games but some weeks they’ll look like world beaters (bills game last year). Other times look like a bottom 10 team (browns, Colts and last week Arizona)

Neither here nor there…

Considering how many WR screens we ran, I think there’s a decent chance we run a fake WR screen and go this week. 

2 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

I think I would take the #4 on almost every team in the league over Greg Ward.

I am an optimistic guy, but we really do end up overrating our own players all the time.

I mean just look at the east. Would people really take Greg Ward over Cedrick Wilson, Kadarius Toney and Adam Humphries?

Cedrick Wilson is what? I don't think I would take Ward over him.  Of course you would take Toney but he's probably not where Ward is as a receiver otherwise he would be getting more snaps and targets.  Ward is a reliable route runner.  Humphries is more proven but I don't think he offers that much more than Ward if anything.  I'm not saying that Ward can't be upgraded but it's also not like he can't fill in a role if there's a need during the game.  

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The Titans are the most Jekyll and hyde team in the league. They’ll win 9 games but some weeks they’ll look like world beaters (bills game last year). Other teams look like a bottom 10 team (browns, Colts and last week Arizona)

Oh I know they are definitely up and down but, I don't think for any reason all of a sudden they can't even win 6-7 games now. 

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Their new OC completely revamped their philosophy of relentlessly running play-action. I fear that guy is a complete moron rather than it being simply one bad week. 

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

Cedrick Wilson is what? I don't think I would take Ward over him.  Of course you would take Toney but he's probably not where Ward is as a receiver otherwise he would be getting more snaps and targets.  Ward is a reliable route runner.  Humphries is more proven but I don't think he offers that much more than Ward if anything.  I'm not saying that Ward can't be upgraded but it's also not like he can't fill in a role if there's a need during the game.  

As long as that role doesn't make him go more than 3-5 yards

48 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I can't argue about Ward vs. Hightower and Fulgham.  There's a reason they are on the PS and Ward is on the roster.  So, we are in agreement there.

Decided to test my hypothesis on just finding a #4 WR that would fit in just as well as Ward on other NFL rosters.   Checked Texans and Lions for reference... randomly selected bad teams.   

Texans - #4 WR is Anthony Miller. 
Lions - #4 WR is Quintez Cephus. 

Granted, neither is a return guy... then again, frankly, neither is Ward.  But, I'd take either one of them over Ward, but I think its fair to say that this team wouldn't really be losing anything in making the swap.

As I said, there are some better 4th WRs out there but then again there are teams where Ward would be the #3.  There is swap and there is street pick up.   Let’s say next year, day 3 the BPA is a receiver that is better than Ward, take him. Ward should always be working to make the roster and someday he won’t. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Their new OC completely revamped their philosophy of relentlessly running play-action. I fear that guy is a complete moron rather than it being simply one bad week. 

True, I didn't see the game so I didn't know exactly what they were doing on offense this year. I still think they should be fine in that division though. 

9 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Cedrick Wilson has more potential and upside over Ward. Ward is a decent route runner and can catch usually the ball but has no other way to go. He is not overly athletic, he is not overly fast and he is not big enough to fight with LBs over the middle consistently. He really is the definition of a JAG player.

Look Ward is here and the Eagles like him for some reason but I think his position is the most easy to upgrade. He is here most likely in case he has to return kicks or punts.

Ward is here because he's cheap, reliable, and there's more important holes on the roster to worry about at the moment that need to be addressed with either draft capital or salary cap space.

19 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Really ??  You expect NFL rookies to improve the team over say, Graham, Cox and Brooks for example ??

In regards to signing the draft class, Eagles have 9 million in 2022 cap room, 18 million if you roll over all current available cap.  It will take most of that to sign the entire draft class as it stands now, and then they will only have 45 players under contract with all the cap space used.

It's crazy to even be concerned about that. It's a total non issue

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Currently, the Eagles do not have the cap space to sign 3, plus the rest of the draft class.  And that is before we see the Mailata contract.  If the Eagles have to shed veterans to sign 3 first round picks to replace them, what do you think that will do to the product on the field ??

I think the team will create the cap space.  They will likely lose only players they want to lose.  It's a problem in terms of rebuilding with free agents but I think it will be less of an issue next season than this one.  

25 minutes ago, greend said:

We know and even that's generous. 

More like practice squad.  

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Ward is here because he's cheap, reliable, and there's more important holes on the roster to worry about at the moment that need to be addressed with either draft capital or salary cap space.

If you need him in a pinch and someone that can make a tough catch he is great for that role. 

I know it's always the goal to improve all positions but, being what we have gone through with receivers over the last 5 years.... How about we establish one damn receiver as a long term solution instead of worrying about improving the 4th WR who can actually play when called upon. 

This is me agreeing with you by the way lol. 

40 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

No way this goes poorly

Yup, another crying fanbase whining about people throwing beer cans at them

Archived