EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

43 minutes ago, Khani1 said:
On 9/13/2021 at 9:12 AM, Khani1 said:

If you watch his highlight video, Wentz played well yesterday.  He did however take 3 unnecessary hits.  He will obviously never slide or run out of bounds to take 1-2 yards less and avoid contact.  He also should have lost a fumble diving forward as he has done many times but the Colts recovered.  It is going to be tough having him stay healthy when he won't change his style of play when it comes to sliding, running out of bounds, throwing it away.   

When quarterbacks dive forward, they are down immediately. The ball popped out after he hit the ground. I'm fairly certain that was never a fumble and it didn't matter who recovered it.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

When quarterbacks dive forward, they are down immediately. The ball popped out after he hit the ground. I'm fairly certain that was never a fumble and it didn't matter who recovered it.

You are correct. He was ruled down and it wasn’t a fumble. 

2 hours ago, Doc S. said:

Regarding the All 22, this is posted on the Game Pass website...

When will Coaches Film be available?

Coaches Film is currently in development and will be available later this season. Please continue to check back here for more updates. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.

Coaches Film allows you to view every play for every game (other than preseason games) with exclusive angles (All-22 and EndZone) and analyze the game like a pro football coach. Coaches Film for TNF and all Sunday games will be available in Game Pass on Tuesday of each week of the regular season by 12pm ET. Monday Night Football all-22 footage will be available by Wednesday at noon ET. Please note, there will be no Coaches Film during preseason games.

My bolding of the pathetic apology bit. Dropped the ball bigtime on this. System was already in place. What changed?

Available to everyone but the Subscribing fans???

Yikes. Later this season is a wide margin. With the price of it nowadays there's shouldn't be any delay

I remember when it was about $20 lol

49 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Did that change? I seem to remember us winning a game against the Giants a few years back because Eli did the same thing.

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Yikes. Later this season is a wide margin. With the price of it nowadays there's shouldn't be any delay

I remember when it was about $20 lol

Some enterprising class action attorney is preparing a lawsuit as we speak against the NFL based on deceptive marketing tied to their automatic renewal program and a failure to deliver services that will be fought on the basis of their terms of service. A friendly jurisdiction will be sought and terms and conditions amount to contracts of adhesion where any ambiguity is construed against the NFL.  

5) Availability: The availability of the Products may be affected by a variety of factors, including game delays or cancellations, application of the National Football League's broadcast policy (which prohibits broadcast of football games under certain circumstances and in certain areas), technical problems or network delays, program rescheduling, or other reasons. In addition, please note that the content accessible via the Products may vary based on your geographic location and viewing platform. You agree that we are not obligated to provide you with any specific content under this Agreement.

As I see it, this statement fails in the face that they don’t market the Game Pass as "we may offer”.  Coaches film was available when I first purchased Game Pass.  My renewal was automatic despite them not having it available. The issue they are going to have is it is available, to teams.  They had a platform that delivered it.  They can revert to it.  I think they don’t get a summary judgment on this one as this statement flies in the face of basic contract law in that the bargain included the Coaches film.  But their communication on this matter has been abysmal.  

Guest justrelax
14 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yep, it works when I schedule it in advance. So I can schedule each game and it'll premiere at the appropriate time on the appropriate day and then everyone that wants to live chat, can.

This also creates a saved record of the chat, along with the video. So it should remain for as long as the channel exists. 

Reveal hidden contents

Chat.JPG

I’m not big on game day chat, too busy wringing my hands and yelling at the screen, but I salute you and thank you on behalf of the multitudes that need the chat to keep from exploding.

4 minutes ago, justrelax said:

I’m not big on game day chat, too busy wringing my hands and yelling at the screen, but I salute you and thank you on behalf of the multitudes that need the chat to keep from exploding.

I agree.  I tried the GDT a few times and it becomes a crap show at the first incomplete pass with a few meaningful posts blended in (typcially by bloggers).  I'm just better to watch and come back here later.  

5 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Some enterprising class action attorney is preparing a lawsuit as we speak against the NFL based on deceptive marketing tied to their automatic renewal program and a failure to deliver services that will be fought on the basis of their terms of service. A friendly jurisdiction will be sought and terms and conditions amount to contracts of adhesion where any ambiguity is construed against the NFL.  

5) Availability: The availability of the Products may be affected by a variety of factors, including game delays or cancellations, application of the National Football League's broadcast policy (which prohibits broadcast of football games under certain circumstances and in certain areas), technical problems or network delays, program rescheduling, or other reasons. In addition, please note that the content accessible via the Products may vary based on your geographic location and viewing platform. You agree that we are not obligated to provide you with any specific content under this Agreement.

As I see it, this statement fails in the face that they don’t market the Game Pass as "we may offer”.  Coaches film was available when I first purchased Game Pass.  My renewal was automatic despite them not having it available. The issue they are going to have is it is available, to teams.  They had a platform that delivered it.  They can revert to it.  I think they don’t get a summary judgment on this one as this statement flies in the face of basic contract law in that the bargain included the Coaches film.  But their communication on this matter has been abysmal.  

Hey Treble damages and attorney's fees in New York.  

3 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I agree.  I tried the GDT a few times and it becomes a crap show at the first incomplete pass with a few meaningful posts blended in (typcially by bloggers).  I'm just better to watch and come back here later.  

Agreed.  I typically come in at halftime to get a sense of the consensus view, give my version of what's going on, and return back after the game as well.

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I like to go into the GameDay thread for the first half and watch all the lunatics foam out the mouth over a dropped pass or the defense being an absolute train wreck because they gave up 6 points 😏

Then I'll watch the rest of the game and after they win go back in and make fun of everyone and their asinine comments from the second half lol

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I like to go into the GameDay thread for the first half and watch all the lunatics foam out the mouth over a dropped pass or the defense being an absolute train wreck because they gave up 6 points 😏

Then I'll watch the rest of the game and after they win go back in and make fun of everyone and their asinine comments from the second half lol

LOL.  It's fun to watch them quit on the team, then come back later talking about the depth of their fandom.  

6 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Agreed.  I typically come in at halftime to get a sense of the consensus view, give my version of what's going on, and return back after the game as well.

At halftime, how often to you find a positive environment?  

I always find the 4th quarter of a loss interesting.  They should just post the Suicide Prevention Hotline number and lock it up.

35 minutes ago, greend said:

Did that change? I seem to remember us winning a game against the Giants a few years back because Eli did the same thing.

Yes. It used to be a QB is "down” where he starts a feet first slide but head first still left him susceptible to fumbling if the ball came out when going down head first. Now he is down where he starts to give himself up either way, but don’t ask me how they differentiate between a forward slide and a QB sneak. I have no idea. 

3 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

@LeanMeanGM

Niners - 27

Eagles - 21

Reagor has a return and receiving TD

I'm still waiting for Reagor to score a TD where no one in here complains about how slow he moved while he was scoring the TD.

Good article by Reub talking about 1st year players that played on Sunday.  If these guys can develop and grow in to the next nucleus of the team that would be huge.

No fewer than 10 Eagles made their NFL debut Sunday in Atlanta - eight rookies, two first-year pros - and each of them contributed to the season-opening 32-6 win over the Falcons.

The Eagles had 45 players in uniform, which means 22 percent of their roster had never played an NFL game before.

The 10 first-timers played a combined 210 snaps - 99 on offense, 48 on defense and 63 on special teams.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/what-makes-eagles-rookie-class-unique?utm_tags=sm_npd_rsn_phi_twt_mn

10 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Hey Treble damages and attorney's fees in New York.  

Well I can think of a couple NY firms that I am surprised haven’t filed a suit yet.  There already is a class action by international users over the crash in the final minutes of the Super Bowl that the court refused to toss in April. 

11 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Remember when you needed an All-Star caliber center to win an NBA championship?

I already stated that he should trust his protection more than he already does.  But look around the league.  Mobile QBs, quick throws, play action, etc.  The days of the seven-step drop have gone away.

Is it though?   

Tom Brady
Patrick Mahomes
Tom Brady
Nick Foles
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Russell Wilson
Joe Flacco
Eli Manning

That's the last 10 Super Bowl winning QBs.  You can make an argument for 3 of the 10 being 'mobile', the other 7 are pretty much statues by comparison.   In other words, while teams can win games with a mobile QB, the likes of Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, etc. aren't what wins in the playoffs and certainly not the Super Bowl.  Super Bowls still seem to be won mostly in the pocket... however you want to slice it with shorter drops, quicker passing, RPOs... whatever... it is still largely won inside the pocket.  Quick throws and play action aren't new.  Mobile QBs aren't new either for that matter.  The way it plays out has changed, but games are still basically won inside the pocket.  That's where Hurts needs to learn how to play, not necessarily with a 7 step drop all the time, but on occasion.  3 steps, 5 steps... or whatever it is from the shotgun (as that's the primarily starting point for the QB now).  

9 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yes. It used to be a QB is "down” where he starts a feet first slide but head first still left him susceptible to fumbling if the ball came out when going down head first. Now he is down where he starts to give himself up either way, but don’t ask me how they differentiate between a forward slide and a QB sneak. I have no idea. 

You know it if you see it reasoning. 

11 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

And that answer must be "stand tall in the pocket"?

See above.   Maybe not 'stand tall'... but he needs to play from the pocket for the ultimate success... its not 100%, but its pretty overwhelmingly based on playing in the pocket.

11 hours ago, ManuManu said:

I think offenses are moving more toward mobile QBs and their ability to make plays off script, but of course those QBs still need to sit in the pocket and go through their progressions and deliver the football. That won’t change.  

Yep

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Good article by Reub talking about 1st year players that played on Sunday.  If these guys can develop and grow in to the next nucleus of the team that would be huge.

No fewer than 10 Eagles made their NFL debut Sunday in Atlanta - eight rookies, two first-year pros - and each of them contributed to the season-opening 32-6 win over the Falcons.

The Eagles had 45 players in uniform, which means 22 percent of their roster had never played an NFL game before.

The 10 first-timers played a combined 210 snaps - 99 on offense, 48 on defense and 63 on special teams.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/what-makes-eagles-rookie-class-unique?utm_tags=sm_npd_rsn_phi_twt_mn

Wow, what a unique idea, playing the players you drafted.  I am not convinced sitting and developing works so this is a good development.  Like I pointed out, Toth, Dillard and Herbig all got snaps in the PAT/FG protection.  Scott and Ward were in almost half of the ST snaps. Live snaps can’t be duplicated in practice.  

3 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I don’t understand the myth that the mobile qb is the new age qb…people have been saying that for 3 decades now while the true passers are leading the elite offenses and winning titles.  And the real kicker is that the mobile qbs that become success stories do it because they adapt to run less and throw more from the pocket.

I just don’t see why everyone keeps taking the mobile qb bait.

Because mobile QBs can look good for stretches with their legs and cover over a multitude of other deficiencies.  Then they get figured out, they can't adapt and get exposed, or beat up.   The QB position in the NFL comes down to playing from the pocket... the other stuff is nice, but if the pocket play is deficient, there's a ceiling that will hold that player (and his team) back from the ultimate success.  

Wow...."On Sunday, Ryan Fitzpatrick became the Washington Football Team's 31st starting quarterback since Mark Rypien left the lineup in Week 2 of the 1993 season."

That's 32 unique starting QBs over the past 29 seasons.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32202487/as-washington-football-team-qb-quest-enters-year-29-espn-analytics-ranks-30-starters

Archived