EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

16 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Thats not whats winning titles

Carson has never won a playoff game and has a losing record since 2018...

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He sucked one year.  Only the media tells you he isn’t coachable.  How would you know?  If he’s a "shell of himself” I would bet it’s got a lot to do with injuries.  Is that reason enough to hate or not like the guy?  FFS.  Philly media and fans make him out to be Ryan F-ing Leaf or a woman beater.  Or a dog killer like Vick.  Cunningham was an injured star who sulked a lot and moved on.  Yet people talk about him like he’s a saint.  The dude had a bad year and didn’t react well to being benched.   Get over it.  

Pound sand dude.  I am not doing with this to do you today.  You wanna get down on your knees and blow him the rest of your live, have at it.

Rewatch Carson scrambling in 2017, then watch 2018-now. Not the same guy. If he were a pure pocket passer with solid accuracy, that wouldn't matter a whole lot at QB. Carson isn't that guy.

Just now, Saltpeter said:

Rewatch Carson scrambling in 2017, then watch 2018-now. Not the same guy. If he were a pure pocket passer with solid accuracy, that wouldn't matter a whole lot at QB. Carson isn't that guy.

I don't like him because he is a Bible banger and hunts.  

8 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Remember when you needed an All-Star caliber center to win an NBA championship?

I already stated that he should trust his protection more than he already does.  But look around the league.  Mobile QBs, quick throws, play action, etc.  The days of the seven-step drop have gone away.

I don’t understand the myth that the mobile qb is the new age qb…people have been saying that for 3 decades now while the true passers are leading the elite offenses and winning titles.  And the real kicker is that the mobile qbs that become success stories do it because they adapt to run less and throw more from the pocket.

I just don’t see why everyone keeps taking the mobile qb bait.

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I don’t understand the myth that the mobile qb is the new age qb…people have been saying that for 3 decades now while the true passers are leading the elite offenses and winning titles.  And the real kicker is that the mobile qbs that become success stories do it because they adapt to run less and throw more from the pocket.

Yep. A 44 year old who’s still a top 5 QB in the league and was never mobile should be all the proof you need. 

An old colleague of mine from India went to Ireland for a weeks training, around 6 or 7 years ago.  He's a vegetarian, so when he went to the work canteen for the lunch, the options were lettuce leaves or vegetables, with cheese.  He couldn't even get a boiled egg.  It always made me laugh when the Irish came to the UK office and complained that they didn't like the food - you had options like Sushi, salads, soups, curries, plus a loaded sandwich bar.

13 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

My dad visited Ireland and said it's the worst food he ever had. It was all boiled and tasteless. 

Probably why we are having discussions about obesity though lol 

12 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Food in Ireland isn't inherently great...I don't really care for their pub food scene, but it has its fan base.  However, like almost any other country, they do have an interesting, excellent niche scene of high end food.  I had some amazing food at Ashford and Ballyfin castles.  But, in some countries, you can go to the street corners and get incredible, fresh, memorable meals.  I would argue that Ireland is not one of those countries.

As an international user of GamePass, the product is barely good enough vs competitors, so the below is normal.  They just do whatever they want and can't communicate meaningfully.  We'd have weeks where all streams for games would go down for the 1pm game and you'd have to hop around their apps and website in the hope of getting something from them.  Eventually, they'd refund, but they are tolerated but need replacing with something modern

1 hour ago, Doc S. said:

Regarding the All 22, this is posted on the Game Pass website...

When will Coaches Film be available?

Coaches Film is currently in development and will be available later this season. Please continue to check back here for more updates. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.

Coaches Film allows you to view every play for every game (other than preseason games) with exclusive angles (All-22 and EndZone) and analyze the game like a pro football coach. Coaches Film for TNF and all Sunday games will be available in Game Pass on Tuesday of each week of the regular season by 12pm ET. Monday Night Football all-22 footage will be available by Wednesday at noon ET. Please note, there will be no Coaches Film during preseason games.

My bolding of the pathetic apology bit. Dropped the ball bigtime on this. System was already in place. What changed?

Available to everyone but the Subscribing fans???

49 minutes ago, Parrot Head said:

I guess I’m a little shocked, although I shouldn’t be, that we can’t discuss Carson Wentz in here.

Seems a bit immature to me.

Everyone gets so riled up about it, yet suggests that I’m the one with hurt feelings.

Meh, either way, I plan on talking about it in here this season. Those that don’t want to participate are welcome to scroll past. Or talk about cheesesteaks.

I mean fair enough. Does that also mean if he has good games you will bring that up too?

1 hour ago, Doc S. said:

Coaches Film is currently in development and will be available later this season. Please continue to check back here for more updates. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.

Coaches Film allows you to view every play for every game (other than preseason games) with exclusive angles (All-22 and EndZone) and analyze the game like a pro football coach. Coaches Film for TNF and all Sunday games will be available in Game Pass on Tuesday of each week of the regular season by 12pm ET. Monday Night Football all-22 footage will be available by Wednesday at noon ET. Please note, there will be no Coaches Film during preseason games.

My bolding of the pathetic apology bit. Dropped the ball bigtime on this. System was already in place. What changed?

Well that’s a barefaced lie by gamepass because it’s not in development because I’m an international users have as I posted about in this thread. 

25 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I guess because 2 heck maybe 3 of the top QBs in the game are mobile (Wilson, Mahomes and maybe Rodgers).  And by mobile I don't mean running QBs like Jackson.  Just guys that can extend plays with their legs and then make the throws.  These guys aren't looking to run.  They can pass from the pocket, too.  But what makes them truly special is what they do outside the pocket.

36 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Carson has never won a playoff game and has a losing record since 2018...

Who said anything about Carson or even Hurts for that matter?  He said "mobile" quarterbacks aren't what's winning titles.  Some of you folks need to throw away your Wentz vodoo dolls. 

5 minutes ago, rambo said:

I guess because 2 heck maybe 3 of the top QBs in the game are mobile (Wilson, Mahomes and maybe Rodgers).  And by mobile I don't mean running QBs like Jackson.  Just guys that can extend plays with their legs and then make the throws.  These guys aren't looking to run.  They can pass from the pocket, too.  But what makes them truly special is what they do outside the pocket.

Good point. "Mobile" doesn't mean running all the time.

59 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

If he gets more comfortable in the pocket, which certainly could happen, I think he has all the arm strength he needs.  If he's going to be on the move constantly, that's where arm strength becomes more of an issue because you are never throwing off a base.

You could see in the game last week an attempt at pocket discipline. One play the pocket was collapsing where he was and he stepped up maybe a foot and a half, just enough and threw a strike.  Reality is we will see a bit more of a mobile pocket, like Brees, like Wilson, like Vick. Hurt is stout in build.  He has legs that look like a RB and an upper body that looks like a guy that lifts.  So that level of movement to see passing lanes should be fine with a good OL.  

Now compare that little foot and a half adjustment into a tight pocket to those film clips of Carson.  In two of those, he could have adjusted the pocket with small adjustments but he took multiple  big strides.  Now Carson’s mechanics are a pretty wide stance even when throwing the ball 10-20 yards. Pull that in and make minor adjustments. Easy to fix. I always thought Carson was more comfortable throwing while in motion because he likes that wide stance that motion supports. I will say that Hurts mechanics while moving out have improved. 

7 minutes ago, greend said:

I mean fair enough. Does that also mean if he has good games you will bring that up too?

On 9/13/2021 at 9:12 AM, Khani1 said:

If you watch his highlight video, Wentz played well yesterday.  He did however take 3 unnecessary hits.  He will obviously never slide or run out of bounds to take 1-2 yards less and avoid contact.  He also should have lost a fumble diving forward as he has done many times but the Colts recovered.  It is going to be tough having him stay healthy when he won't change his style of play when it comes to sliding, running out of bounds, throwing it away.   

35 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Are you talking mobile QB or running QB? The allure of mobile QBs is that even when the play is wrong and the defense has the right call lined up they can still win but buying time or picking up a first down with his legs. Russell Wilson being the best example. Prime McNabb is another. 

1 hour ago, Parrot Head said:

I guess I’m a little shocked, although I shouldn’t be, that we can’t discuss Carson Wentz in here.

Seems a bit immature to me.

Everyone gets so riled up about it, yet suggests that I’m the one with hurt feelings.

Meh, either way, I plan on talking about it in here this season. Those that don’t want to participate are welcome to scroll past. Or talk about cheesesteaks.

I like to stick to all diarrhea inspired foods 

Over 1/3 of the NFL has a mobile/running quarterback as their starter.

Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Russel Wilson, Tyrod Taylor, Teddy Bridgewater, Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, Trevor Lawrence, Tua Tavovailoa are all either "running QBs or very mobile.  Justin Fields will be starting soon enough.  That will be 13 quarterbacks.

Then you have the quarterbacks who aren't runners but are very mobile in the pocket. 

Derek Carr, Joe Burrow, Carson Wentz, Justin Herbert, Jameis Winston, Daneil 20 MPH Jones, Ryan Tannehill, Ben Roethlisberger, Sam Darnold, Andy Dalton, Matthew Stafford, Aaron Rodgers, Zac Wilson.  Another 13.

Then you have what I consider the rest.  Your more traditional, pocket quarterbacks.  Tom Brady, Mac Jones, Kirk Cousins, Matt Ryan, Jared Goff, Jimmy Garoppolo, Taylor Heinicke (just don't know about him)

These are just my opinions, I'm sure others might look at a guy like Joe Burrow or Sam Darnold and say those are pocket quarterbacks.  We still haven't seen a true "running quarterback" win the SB but the league and the sport in general is 100% trending towards mobile quarterbacks who can not only move around the pocket but can also get you some yards. 

14 minutes ago, Khani1 said:
On 9/13/2021 at 9:12 AM, Khani1 said:

If you watch his highlight video, Wentz played well yesterday.  He did however take 3 unnecessary hits.  He will obviously never slide or run out of bounds to take 1-2 yards less and avoid contact.  He also should have lost a fumble diving forward as he has done many times but the Colts recovered.  It is going to be tough having him stay healthy when he won't change his style of play when it comes to sliding, running out of bounds, throwing it away.   

No.  He was down by contact and already touched by a SEA defender before the ball came out.

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Are you talking mobile QB or running QB? The allure of mobile QBs is that even when the play is wrong and the defense has the right call lined up they can still win but buying time or picking up a first down with his legs. Russell Wilson being the best example. Prime McNabb is another. 

Drew Brees was a mobile QB and he rarely ran for yards. But he moved the pocket to adjust and find throwing lanes. More QBs can move, throw in motion than not.  It is a good trait.  But it is also a good trait to be able to run when the best option is that. Heck, Nick Foles at 4.81 forty speed can run in those situations but you would rather have Mahommes or Rodgers speed there than Nick’s. 

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

No.  He was down by contact and already touched by a SEA defender before the ball came out.

If watching Eli for years should have taught us one thing, never slide head first. 

1 hour ago, Doc S. said:

My guess is that it's some sort of tech issue with a new platform.   

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You’re citing Jimmy Kempski and then calling others immature?  The guy is a clown.  

Did i do it right?

F19DA4C5-6631-429E-9354-63F243167854.jpeg

13 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You’re citing Jimmy Kempski and then calling others immature?  The guy is a clown.  

I think Kempski is fine.  He's about 60% a troll and knows the criticism of Wentz will get views.  He still needs to work on writing with any kind of depth to his pieces.  I do think he is fairly unbiased towards the team.  I think he was somewhat skeptical towards the team and Hurts initially but has done a good job reporting on camp and his progress.  He and BLG were some of the first reporters that pointed out how well Sweat and Hargraves were doing.  They also reported on Fulgham not looking great during camp and just being beat out by Watkins.  

Archived