The Offensive Line

GroundAttack

Despite some bad false starts and holding penalties, this offensive line looked really good. Lane had a bad game. Kelce continues to get into the 2nd level and lead the way. Mailata had a hell of a game and love how he took out a defender on the TD to Reagor. Brooks was solid along with Seumalo. When healthy this is a top 5 offensive line in the league. It's the first game, so I'm not going to overreact on the penalties but they haven't really played together as a group in a while. 

• Like 4

Just now, brkmsn said:

Kelce is a blessing. Loved some of his blocks today.

Mailata continues to be fun to watch.

I love Kelce and what he does. Honestly watching Kelce dominate today I was thinking about the day he is no longer here and if Dickerson can be as half as good as what Kelce is. 

• Like 1

Great Job by the O Line. Their contribution to the victory can not be under estimated. Refreshing over last season. 

Just now, GroundAttack said:

I love Kelce and what he does. Honestly watching Kelce dominate today I was thinking about the day he is no longer here and if Dickerson can be as half as good as what Kelce is. 

Love that screen play he got out in front and made two blocks on defenders. Consummate Pro Player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jsdarkstar said:

Love that screen play he got out in front and made two blocks on defenders. Consummate Pro Player.

That was my favorite play of the game. I was hoping there would be a video of it by now. 

• Like 1

I think they played well, but if there was room for improvement on offense, those were too many penalties.

And here I was thinking without JP maybe these False Starts finally die down…

And did anyone see that terrible snap from Kelce (who played amazing) early on? I was thinking "classic Kelce, and Wentz would never have gotten that one”.

18 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

O-Line played great, Mailata is a beast.

Also, helps not having a QB who holds on to the ball too long.

Coaching and WRs help that as well

• Like 1

There was definitely rust. I'm curious if Lanes ankle played a role in his crap game

Next week against that front will be interesting to watch

8 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Let's give Seumalo a little credit as well:

Seumelo is very solid. It usually takes a few games for him to get his feet under him so it was nice to see him get it going sooner 

• Like 2

The line made some great blocks today, but those penalties can kill this team later. The need to clean all that up. I think the line has potential to be even better.

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

There was definitely rust. I'm curious if Lanes ankle played a role in his crap game

Next week against that front will be interesting to watch

His ankle isn't listed on any injury report. He just made a few mistakes. One of those holding penalties wasn't really flag-worthy to me and I'm not sure he would get the blame for the sack since he steered his guy around the pocket. I'm sure he knows he can do better and his mistakes today will motivate him to be better. 

• Like 1

Just now, brkmsn said:

His ankle isn't listed on any injury report. He just made a few mistakes. One of those holding penalties wasn't really flag-worthy to me and I'm not sure he would get the blame for the sack since he steered his guy around the pocket. I'm sure he knows he can do better and his mistakes today will motivate him to be better. 

Yeah that sack wasn't his fault there is only so long you can hold those blocks and he can't see where Hurts is. Lanes job is to block with in a pocket if the QB breaks that pocket there is nothing he can do

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah that sack wasn't his fault there is only so long you can hold those blocks and he can't see where Hurts is. Lanes job is to block with in a pocket if the QB breaks that pocket there is nothing he can do

It’s true.

Yet it felt like if that was Mailata this dude is on the ground..

1 minute ago, Infam said:

It’s true.

Yet it felt like if that was Mailata this dude is on the ground..

Also true. Either way I'm not holding that one to Lane. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

This should be a warning to all DBs when we run WR screens. I never understood Dougs version using no blocking and just hoping the wr makes 3 guys miss. 

• Like 1

Just now, 20dawk4life said:

This should be a warning to all DBs when we run WR screens. I never understood Dougs version using no blocking and just hoping the wr makes 3 guys miss. 

That hit is nasty! 

Crazy to think Mailata entered the spring in a competition.

Lane Johnson will have better days.

As long as these guys stay healthy they’ll be one of the league’s best.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

He learned it from watching Reid run it to death with effing Pinkston

• Haha 1

Oline was a little messy today. 

Mailata was unmovable, he looked like a bigger version of Erik Williams, great sign...

• Like 1

1st game of the year.... the offensive line and the D looked like they were playing a pre season game for the 1st qtr or so, then settled down some. Good job keeping their cool and playing through it. Weird stuff always happens in the 1st game or two. No big deal.

8 hours ago, brkmsn said:

My god he flat out mauls him. 

• Like 1