The Offensive Line

GroundAttack

10 hours ago, brkmsn said:

His ankle isn't listed on any injury report. He just made a few mistakes. One of those holding penalties wasn't really flag-worthy to me and I'm not sure he would get the blame for the sack since he steered his guy around the pocket. I'm sure he knows he can do better and his mistakes today will motivate him to be better. 

It was ridiculous what he got called for when the Falcons tackles were holding the back or arm of Eagles rushers every other snap.

I can't remember the last time I saw a defensive line called for holding before I saw it 3 times Yesterday either.

• Like 1

The OL yesterday had a few foul starts.  Sign of lack of pre-season games or mental lapse.  Not major issues, but something to get in game conditions.

• Like 1

I don't know how much longer Kelce is going to be able to play but I'm gonna cherish every moment of it...the guy is one of the best we've ever had here. Dude's a leader AND a beast.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

The OL yesterday had a few foul starts.  Sign of lack of pre-season games or mental lapse.  Not major issues, but something to get in game conditions.

They probably got gassed and were trying to get in their stances quicker and or got tired and had some mental lapses like you said. 

I made this post in the Howie thread but Issac Semolou has quietly become one of our best lineman. Maybe having a LT tackle that isn't broken down and old next to him helps too. Cause remember Peters sometimes doesn't like who plays next to him and I wouldn't put it past him to let that lineman fail. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Kelce in this game made some huge blocks and seal blocks. He was killing it in this game. PFF should give him a real high grade for week one. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 5:26 PM, brkmsn said:

Kelce is a blessing. Loved some of his blocks today.

Mailata continues to be fun to watch.

On 9/12/2021 at 6:15 PM, GroundAttack said:

Despite some bad false starts and holding penalties, this offensive line looked really good. Lane had a bad game. Kelce continues to get into the 2nd level and lead the way. Mailata had a hell of a game and love how he took out a defender on the TD to Reagor. Brooks was solid along with Seumalo. When healthy this is a top 5 offensive line in the league. It's the first game, so I'm not going to overreact on the penalties but they haven't really played together as a group in a while. 

The OL is the strength of this team - it is excellent.  Teams with strong offensive lines usually are good teams.

• Like 1

That is one thing with this team over the last 20 years. They have always made sure they have at least a respectable line. Best position  to be consistent with, making sure we are at least good. 

On 9/13/2021 at 11:52 AM, Penn7980 said:

Early season lapses. I blame lack of experience playing with Hurts. The Eagles went with silent count playing in the dome on the road. I don't think they were in sync with Hurts's cadence. Or sometimes it looked like he held the ball too long. Like when they were called for being downfield, Hurts was supposed to have thrown the ball sooner.

Regardless, they need to clean it up. Let's see how they do at home this week.

I thought the offensive line run blocked well, but was not so great on pass protection.  Beside the penalties, Hurts bailed the line out a lot with his scrambling and quick throws.  There were very few plays where Hurts got to feel comfortable that his receivers could fully run their routes before having to unload the ball, and there must have been at least half a dozen plays, maybe more, where Hurts scrambled out of a collapsing pocket to the right, headed east-west toward the right sideline, and found a receiver for a short to medium gain.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 8:36 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

That is one thing with this team over the last 20 years. They have always made sure they have at least a respectable line. Best position  to be consistent with, making sure we are at least good. 

Excluding 2020 of course. 🤣

Big news that Lawrence will be out for week 3. He’s by far their best player on that line. Should give the Eagles O-Line a clear advantage against Dallas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Big news that Lawrence will be out for week 3. He’s by far their best player on that line. Should give the Eagles O-Line a clear advantage against Dallas

Yeah that's huge that really is. Should give the Eagles a major shot in the arm as that takes away a disruptive force on their D.

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Excluding 2020 of course. 🤣

Well like all things 2020 it was a complete disaster lol. So that doesn't count lol

On 9/12/2021 at 6:15 PM, GroundAttack said:

Despite some bad false starts and holding penalties, this offensive line looked really good. Lane had a bad game. Kelce continues to get into the 2nd level and lead the way. Mailata had a hell of a game and love how he took out a defender on the TD to Reagor. Brooks was solid along with Seumalo. When healthy this is a top 5 offensive line in the league. It's the first game, so I'm not going to overreact on the penalties but they haven't really played together as a group in a while. 

dude's going to be crapping blood for a month

On 9/16/2021 at 2:12 AM, BayAreaLennie said:

I thought the offensive line run blocked well, but was not so great on pass protection.  Beside the penalties, Hurts bailed the line out a lot with his scrambling and quick throws.  There were very few plays where Hurts got to feel comfortable that his receivers could fully run their routes before having to unload the ball, and there must have been at least half a dozen plays, maybe more, where Hurts scrambled out of a collapsing pocket to the right, headed east-west toward the right sideline, and found a receiver for a short to medium gain.

they blitzed him relentlessly and he made them pay almost every time. 

3 minutes ago, Moe Greene said:

they blitzed him relentlessly and he made them pay almost every time. 

Yup, they said on ESPN that every single thing that the Falcons threw at Hurts he made them look stupid. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yup, they said on ESPN that every single thing that the Falcons threw at Hurts he made them look stupid. 

I'm telling you man...these are the things that carry over- dude's got it between the ears. So does the coach. This season is going to be fun!

Just now, Moe Greene said:

I'm telling you man...these are the things that carry over- dude's got it between the ears. So does the coach. This season is going to be fun!

I'm not sold on Hurts just yet. Nick S though? He has my heart already lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not sold on Hurts just yet. Nick S though? He has my heart already lol. 

This week is the real test. 

Just now, Moe Greene said:

This week is the real test. 

This is just a pop quiz!! The SAT's are yet to be had! Lol

• Haha 1