Ertz on the Covid List.

EazyEaglez

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/eagles-place-te-zach-ertz-on-reserve-covid-19-list

Eagles have placed Ertz on the reserve Covid list making it unclear if he will be available for the Dallas game. A difficult start of the week for the Eagles considering they lost the two Brandon’s, the game, and now this. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NCTANK said:

fully vaccinated, needs two negative test results 24 hrs apart in order to play at Cowboys. very doable 

Ertz tested positive for COVID-19, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported, and was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Ertz is vaccinated, Pelissero reported, so despite the positive test, the veteran tight end could still play against the Cowboys. Per NFL protocols, vaccinated players need two negative tests at least 24 hours apart and no symptoms to return to the team.

This is recording to NFL.com. It sounds doable like you mentioned, but he does need those negative results to be 24 hours apart. Hopefully it all works out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

That doesn’t sound good, wonder how many more will test positive 

Hopefully no one else, but you never know especially since he’s vaccinated. 

What about "close contacts” among unvaccinated teammates?  The ripple effect is why everyone needs to be vaccinated.  Put another way, if Wentz was still an Eagle he’d likely be on the no fly list.

• Like 1

Rather than making this about Wentz, perhaps we should be discussing whether or not teams should be shaking hands, mingling, taking selfies, exchanging jerseys and all that stuff after games end. What happens during the game is necessary. What happens before and after is not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Rather than making this about Wentz, perhaps we should be discussing whether or not teams should be shaking hands, mingling, taking selfies, exchanging jerseys and all that stuff after games end. What happens during the game is necessary. What happens before and after is not.

Yah, better yet, maybe they just shouldn't even play the games.  All that close contact could trigger a positive test result after all - even if the player is vaccinated.

1 minute ago, Procus said:

Yah, better yet, maybe they just shouldn't even play the games.  All that close contact could trigger a positive test result after all - even if the player is vaccinated.

In all seriousness, It's going to be interesting to see how the NFL reacts. You know those empty stadiums were costing the NFL money. We know they're full this year so far. We also know the vaccine doesn't stop the spread of covid. The NFL likes to project itself as a righteous proponent for important causes while making tons of money. Everything we are learning about covid is pointing out that we tried to return to normal too soon. People had hoped vaccines would not only prevent infection, but prevent the spread. Neither can be counted on. So ... how long will the NFL continue to put revenue over public "safety" they want everybody to know they "care" about  ... and keep packing the stadiums?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Procus said:

Can’t read the level of cynicism in a post but fundamentally you’re on point.  As a practical matter it doesn’t make sense  for an NFL player not to get the vaccine because the rules are stacked against them.  

Cam Newton would be starting for the Patriots if he got the shot.  Now his career is likely over. 

50 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

In all seriousness, It's going to be interesting to see how the NFL reacts. You know those empty stadiums were costing the NFL money. We know they're full this year so far. We also know the vaccine doesn't stop the spread of covid. The NFL likes to project itself as a righteous proponent for important causes while making tons of money. Everything we are learning about covid is pointing out that we tried to return to normal too soon. People had hoped vaccines would not only prevent infection, but prevent the spread. Neither can be counted on. So ... how long will the NFL continue to put revenue over public "safety" they want everybody to know they "care" about  ... and keep packing the stadiums?

No one is forcing people into the stadium. We are all grown ups, had enough time to learn the risks. That is on us. People need to take responsibility for themselves and for their actions, not blame others.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mihailo said:

No one is forcing people into the stadium. We are all grown ups, had enough time to learn the risks. That is on us. People need to take responsibility for themselves and for their actions, not blame others.

Unfortunately, a lot of people are dying because they are literally too dumb to live.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mihailo said:

I'm not even talking about my opinion or someone else's. I just don't think the NFL will be able to play on both sides of the fence. 

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/eagles-place-te-zach-ertz-on-reserve-covid-19-list

Eagles have placed Ertz on the reserve Covid list making it unclear if he will be available for the Dallas game. A difficult start of the week for the Eagles considering they lost the two Brandon’s, the game, and now this. 

They tried protecting players by having a soft camp. It just doesn't work. Injuries are going to happen. I do think some players might not train hard, and they become "injury prone" and need to look at how they train. Other times, sheet just happens and that's that. The Eagles looked healthy, and now the floodgates opened in just 2 games in. 

It's like the football gods hate Philly or something and want a sacrifice. So, ok Eagles, sacrifice a Cowboy unto the football gos and be done with it.

53 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

They tried protecting players by having a soft camp. It just doesn't work. Injuries are going to happen. I do think some players might not train hard, and they become "injury prone" and need to look at how they train. Other times, sheet just happens and that's that. The Eagles looked healthy, and now the floodgates opened in just 2 games in. 

It's like the football gods hate Philly or something and want a sacrifice. So, ok Eagles, sacrifice a Cowboy unto the football gos and be done with it.

You can’t really predict injuries. I believe one of the times Brooks got hurt he wasn’t even with the team. Playing not to get injured just feels like playing not to lose. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

As I was reading your post GB scored and the player "leaped" into the stands and fans mugged him. Touching his helmet, facemask, body etc etc... and if 1 of them have got it.. then he's gonna get it. And after the leap you know his teammates hugged him, shook his hand, smacked his helmet etc etc. The leap might not be the smartest thing right now.

20210920_223047.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

These guys are just to big and train to much. Their bones and ligaments don't get any stronger and are running around at 250-300lbs. Combine that with guys at 250-300 lbs trying to wreck your legs and this is what you are left with. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MeccaDon123 said:

As I was reading your post GB scored and the player "leaped" into the stands and fans mugged him. Touching his helmet, facemask, body etc etc... and if 1 of them have got it.. then he's gonna get it. And after the leap you know his teammates hugged him, shook his hand, smacked his helmet etc etc. The leap might not be the smartest thing right now.

20210920_223047.jpg

I don't think it "jumps" from person to person that quickly.  Its not the Cheese Touch.  If the player just got infected by an infected fan at that very moment, he would not be able to spread it immediately to his teammates.  There is an incubation period before a person could then be able to spread it to others.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vaff said:

Unfortunately, a lot of people are dying because they are literally too dumb to live.

It is still their choice, no matter how stupid a choice it may be, that is democracy. 

Over 5,000 people in the US die a year riding motorcycles, even though there are safer forms of transport.

1 hour ago, Han Solo said:

I don't think it "jumps" from person to person that quickly.  Its not the Cheese Touch.  If the player just got infected by an infected fan at that very moment, he would not be able to spread it immediately to his teammates.  There is an incubation period before a person could then be able to spread it to others.

All those people without a mask sitting so close together for 3 hours or more just feels like a super spreader event though. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

All those people without a mask sitting so close together for 3 hours or more just feels like a super spreader event though. 

Probably, I think we will all get the virus in the end, it is only a matter of time. For that reason I don't think we will hear the end of it any time soon, best we learn to live or die with it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mihailo said:

It is still their choice, no matter how stupid a choice it may be, that is democracy. 

Over 5,000 people in the US die a year riding motorcycles, even though there are safer forms of transport.

You left out the part that someone's personal choice can directly affect others. Your analogy with motorcycles would make more sense if you included crushing 6 beers before riding. Is drunk driving just a personal choice? After all, you are making a personal choice to share the road with drunk drivers when there are safer forms of transport.

• Like 1

Just now, we_gotta_believe said:

You left out the part that someone's personal choice affects others. Your analogy with motorcycles would make more sense if you included crushing 6 beers before riding. Is drunk driving just a personal choice? After all, you are making a personal choice to share the road with drunk drivers when there are safer forms of transport.

Those who are prone to corona should be vaccinated right? Viruses isn't a new thing to crop up since corona, we have all been spreading flu that has been killing others since the start of mankind. We should take certain precautions to protect the most desperate in these situations, but life and death is a part of humankind.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mihailo said:

Those who are prone to corona should be vaccinated right? Viruses isn't a new thing to crop up since corona, we have all been spreading flu that has been killing others since the start of mankind. We should take certain precautions to protect the most desperate in these situations, but life and death is a part of humankind.

I've got two kids that can't be vaccinated. Also, the vaccines aren't as effective in older populations right now, for which boosters are technically not yet approved for. Your thought process is jumping the gun a bit. Eventually we'll get to the point where the threat from this is comparable to the flu, but it most certainly is not even close right now, so we still have to protect ourselves and each other until we get there. 

I'm sure traffic lights caused quite a stir when they were first introduced, but eventually, people who thought they didn't have to abide by them were outnumbered by those who acknowledged their purpose in a modern society. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I've got two kids that can't be vaccinated. Also, the vaccines aren't as effective in older populations right now, for which boosters are technically not yet approved for. Your thought process is jumping the gun a bit. Eventually we'll get to the point where the threat from this is comparable to the flu, but it most certainly is not even close right no, so we still have to protect ourselves and each other until we get there. 

I'm sure traffic lights caused quite a stir when they were first introduced, but eventually, people who thought they didn't have to abide by them were outnumbered by those who acknowledged their purpose in a modern society. 

Unless your children have severe health concerns (I pray this isn't the case) you shouldn't be concerned about them getting covid. They have a million other things that could more likely kill or harm them on a daily basis.

I work in the pharmacy industry, and I am personally more concerned about the patients who didn't receive treatments cos all the priority went to a less risky corona, and for the social and mental issues created from this poor mismanagement. As bad as something like corona is, it is hugely sensationalized. I like everyone have lost loved and dear ones from it, but I have lost other members who didn't get the treatment they required from being told to stay at home.

• Like 1