Ertz on the Covid List.

EazyEaglez

We are on an NFL website to talk about our favorite team, and instead we are talking about covid... This for me just highlights the over exposure it does not deserve.

• Like 4

Just now, mihailo said:

Unless your children have severe health concerns (I pray this isn't the case) you shouldn't be concerned about them getting covid. They have a million other things that could more likely kill or harm them on a daily basis.

I work in the pharmacy industry, and I am personally more concerned about the patients who didn't receive treatments cos all the priority went to a less risky corona, and for the social and mental issues created from this poor mismanagement. As bad as something like corona is, it is hugely sensationalized. I like everyone has lost loved and dear ones from it.

We already know that the highly contagious nature of the Delta variant means they will most likely be exposed to it by the end of the school year. We also know that 4 in 100 kids  that contract covid will have symptoms that persist beyond 12 weeks and 1 in 100 kids will have to be hospitalized for it. Maybe you think those are good odds to gamble with when it comes to your own kids, but I sure as hell don't, because we don't have to just give up and take our chances with this. We can make some small sacrifices which involve getting vaccinated or wearing a mask when in congregate settings until more people can be vaccinated/boosted to drive down the levels of community spread to the point where it's a comparable threat as the flu. Everyone who goes to an NFL game right now should have done one of those two things, not just for themselves, but for their friends/families/neighbors/etc. I know some stadiums require it already, but it should be a requirement for all of them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mihailo said:

We are on an NFL website to talk about our favorite team, and instead we are talking about covid...

Maybe because a player on our team contracted it? Ya think that could explain it?

This for me just highlights the over exposure it does not deserve.

Oh ok, thanks for letting us know.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

We already know that the highly contagious nature of the Delta variant means they will most likely be exposed to it by the end of the school year. We also know that 4 in 100 kids  that contract covid will have symptoms that persist beyond 12 weeks and 1 in 100 kids will have to be hospitalized for it. Maybe you think those are good odds to gamble with when it comes to your own kids, but I sure as hell don't, because we don't have to just give up and take our chances with this. We can make some small sacrifices which involve getting vaccinated or wearing a mask when in congregate settings until more people can be vaccinated/boosted to drive down the levels of community spread to the point where it's a comparable threat as the flu. Everyone who goes to an NFL game right now should have done one of those two things, not just for themselves, but for their friends/families/neighbors/etc. I know some stadiums require it already, but it should be a requirement for all of them.

I thought everyone had to be vaccinated to enter, so that is my mistake. Like I said, I think the virus is an awful thing like all other viruses, but life must go on. It is unfortunate the chances are that our children shall likely catch it, but lots of things suck in life. As I previously mentioned, I believe the lack of socializing and mental issues that have already shown to arrise from too many precautions being taken are a greater concern than the virus itself.

I personally haven't had the virus, nor has any of my close family members, but I don't go to such events or work in an office. But, I don't feel the need to judge others.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mihailo said:

I thought everyone had to be vaccinated to enter, so that is my mistake.

Not all of them unfortunately, including the one in question:

The Packers will not require guests to wear masks. Proof of vaccination is not required at Packers events. 

https://www.packers.com/community/covid

Like I said, I think the virus is an awful thing like all other viruses, but life must go on. It is unfortunate the chances are that our children shall likely catch it, but lots of things suck in life. As I previously mentioned, I believe the lack of socializing and mental issues that have already shown to arrise from too many precautions being taken are a greater concern than the virus itself.

I personally haven't had the virus, nor has any of my close family members, but I don't go to such events or work in an office. But, I don't feel the need to judge others.

I absolutely agree, but until my kids can get vaccinated and my dad and in-laws can get boosters, the poor choices of others will continue to be a direct threat on their health. And I say this as someone who's choosing to take my daughter to her first NFL game when we play the Lions on Halloween. I just wish I wouldn't have to be as concerned that some unvaccinated idiot will show up with covid and infect everyone around him because he thinks getting vaccinated or wearing a mask is communism or some other insane nonsense.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

The Packers will not require guests to wear masks. Proof of vaccination is not required at Packers events. 

I absolutely agree, but until my kids can get vaccinated and my dad and in-laws can get boosters, the poor choices of others will continue to be a direct threat on their health. And I say this as someone who's choosing to take my daughter to her first NFL game when we play the Lions on Halloween. I just wish I wouldn't have to be as concerned that some unvaccinated idiot will show up with covid and infect everyone around him because he thinks getting vaccinated or wearing a mask is communism or some other insane nonsense.

I agree. The minimum should be vaccinated, or in the very least distance between attendees and mask wearing.

• Like 2

Just now, mihailo said:

The minimum should be vaccinated, or in the very least distance between attendees and mask wearing.

Agreed. It's common sense, you'd think. But we clearly don't have much of that in this country anymore.

• Like 2

Agreed. It's common sense, you'd think. But we clearly don't have much of that in this country anymore.

I was wrong because I thought everyone attending (except kids) were vaccinated. Hearing what you told me now is quite the surprise.

I'm in Europe, and we cant go to such events unless we show we are vaccinated or have to have tests taken to show we are not infected.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mihailo said:

I was wrong because I thought everyone attending (except kids) were vaccinated. Hearing what you told me now is quite the surprise.

I'm in Europe, and we cant go to such events unless we show we are vaccinated or have to have tests taken to show we are not infected.

It was for me too. Our collective stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Ertz was vaccinated. Makes me wonder which unvaccinated player exposed him to the virus.

4 hours ago, mihailo said:

Probably, I think we will all get the virus in the end, it is only a matter of time. For that reason I don't think we will hear the end of it any time soon, best we learn to live or die with it.

I think I will prefer to evade that fate for as long as possible. 

11 hours ago, Han Solo said:

I don't think it "jumps" from person to person that quickly.  Its not the Cheese Touch.  If the player just got infected by an infected fan at that very moment, he would not be able to spread it immediately to his teammates.  There is an incubation period before a person could then be able to spread it to others.

They are literally breathing in his face. They are hugging. No masks, nobody is holding their breath. While you are right it's not the cheese touch and not likely to spread via surfaces, they are literally breathing in each others faces.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I'm team vax, but a coworker who is also vaxed has a bad case of Covid and who knows who he infected around him last week. I'm literally the only vaxed person in the office still wearing a mask, but that doesn't mean I won't get it because they don't work 100%. It happens. The hatred on both sides of this is toxic and I'm not sure what the answer is, but the finger pointing is just making both sides dig in more.

7 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I'm team vax, but a coworker who is also vaxed has a bad case of Covid and who knows who he infected around him last week. I'm literally the only vaxed person in the office still wearing a mask, but that doesn't mean I won't get it because they don't work 100%. It happens. The hatred on both sides of this is toxic and I'm not sure what the answer is, but the finger pointing is just making both sides dig in more.

Not sure what this has to do with my post that was advocating for all stadiums to require proof of vaccination or require wearing a mask.

Not sure what this has to do with my post that was advocating for all stadiums to require proof of vaccination or require wearing a mask.

What you said about unvaxed idiots infecting others. People with the vax are as well. Masks come off and they think life is back to normal. I'm not saying they should wear one but everyone is spreading this right now. 

32 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

What you said about unvaxed idiots infecting others. People with the vax are as well. Masks come off and they think life is back to normal. I'm not saying they should wear one but everyone is spreading this right now. 

An unvaccinated person is far more likely to get infected and then infect someone else, compared to a vaccinated person getting a breakthrough infection and infecting someone else. And yes, any eligible adult who is not vaccinated by now and unwilling to wear a mask in public is a selfish idiot.

1 hour ago, MeccaDon123 said:

They are literally breathing in his face. They are hugging. No masks, nobody is holding their breath. While you are right it's not the cheese touch and not likely to spread via surfaces, they are literally breathing in each others faces.

That is true, but not at all what I am saying. 

"And after the leap you know his teammates hugged him, shook his hand, smacked his helmet etc etc."

What I am pointing out is that he's not going to be able to immediately spread anything to his teammates that day.

1 hour ago, we_gotta_believe said:

An unvaccinated person is far more likely to get infected and then infect someone else, compared to a vaccinated person getting a breakthrough infection and infecting someone else. And yes, any eligible adult who is not vaccinated by now and unwilling to wear a mask in public is a selfish idiot.

Yeah, we mostly agree. The finger pointing by both sides wears me out sometimes.

9 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Is it actually proven though that being vaccinated reduces the chances of spread? I've read conflicting reports so at this point I have no idea.

Anyway, shame that Ertz is out. Hopefully he's OK and is back soon. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Is it actually proven though that being vaccinated reduces the chances of spread? I've read conflicting reports so at this point I have no idea.

Anyway, shame that Ertz is out. Hopefully he's OK and is back soon. 

Yes. At least a 6 fold reduction.

On 9/21/2021 at 8:48 AM, mihailo said:

Those who are prone to corona should be vaccinated right? Viruses isn't a new thing to crop up since corona, we have all been spreading flu that has been killing others since the start of mankind. We should take certain precautions to protect the most desperate in these situations, but life and death is a part of humankind.

Back to normal, but protect the vulnerable.

On 9/21/2021 at 9:06 AM, mihailo said:

We are on an NFL website to talk about our favorite team, and instead we are talking about covid... This for me just highlights the over exposure it does not deserve.

Where we also talk about hamstring injuries, concussions, legal wrangling (when a guy gets busted) and even accounting structure (salary cap). 

Over exposure?  One in every 500 Americans has DIED from Covid and now Ertz has tested positive  so yeah, it's going to come up. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Where we also talk about hamstring injuries, concussions, legal wrangling (when a guy gets busted) and even accounting structure (salary cap). 

Over exposure?  One in every 500 Americans has DIED from Covid and now Ertz has tested positive  so yeah, it's going to come up. 

Honestly, fair enough. I changed my opinion on that comment when chatting with we_gotta_believe.

Personally, I follow things like team sports as a way of not having to think about the every day crap like corona. For me it is like a vent or escape from all that, as I am sure it is the same for others. I understand others, as you do see it differently, which is fair.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2021 at 8:18 AM, jsdarkstar said:

Ertz was vaccinated. Makes me wonder which unvaccinated player exposed him to the virus.

Looking for someone to point a finger at? When will this blame-shifting end?

If an "un-vaxxed" player on the team exposed him, wouldn't that player have tested positive too?

• Like 2