Enough is Enough!

gameshowfan91

Should Hurts Be Benched?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hurts Be Benched?

• Yes
    • No

Hurts needs to get benched! There's NO excuse for Hurts to be this terrible! Put in Flacco or Minshew! If either of them wins game against Chiefs, they start for rest of season!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

This is a year-long evaluation just strap in. Lurie fired Doug for wanting to fix it and win now. This is sort of a "rebuild" by NFL standards.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

This is a year-long evaluation just strap in. Lurie fired Doug for wanting to fix it and win now. This is sort of a "rebuild" by NFL standards.

We have no good QBs on the roster. Just let him play and if he gets better cool, if not then we will get a good pick. This team sucks overall especially the defense. The first week felt good but this is going to be a loooong year. All the injuries are starting to pile up too so we could be picking in the top 3. You will suffer and you will like it!!

• Like 3

F that. This is a rebuilding year. They need to find out if he can play or if they should invest multiple picks to trade for a QB whether it be a vet or trade up in the draft. Hurts looks bad right now but either he shows he can get better and be the guy or they lose a bunch of games and get a great pick.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Benching Hurts won't matter.

The starting QB for 2022 is not on this roster.

Might as well see if Minshew got anything. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Might as well see if Minshew got anything. 

They will play their 2nd round investment to evaluate him.

• Like 3

He’ll be given a few more games to prove he can read past one receiver,  understand what the D is showing him,  correct his accuracy issues and mechanics. In other words, we’ll be seeing Minshew or Flacco by game 7. 

The Eagles lost to a team they were expected to lose to.

This shouldn't cause any panic.

Despite all the issues,  and I see a lot of dropped passes, Hurts still threw for 326 yards.

The Cowboys, at home, were the better team.

It's a much different story if the Giants beat the Eagles in Philly.

The Eagles have games against the Jets and the Lions, battles of the last year's 4ths,  and it really doesn't look, at this point, like the Giants or Redskins are particularly good,  it seems to me that the Eagles could end up somewhere around .500.   They threw away a win last week because no short yardage game.  The Eagles are better than the Falcons,  worse than the Cowboys,  and about as good as the 9ers.  

• Like 4

We're not going to win the next four games no matter which QB we start. There are just too many key injuries  to beat those teams.

So let Hurts play those tough games. He'll gain valuable experience against great players and hopefully shed his bad habits. 
After that he'll face his real test - a long string of winnable games. He's shown enough in the passing game to believe he can
be a contender, with a bit more polish and a little less showboating.

If it doesn't work out, it'll probably be because he gets injured running the ball. At that point it'll be Flacco or Minshew time.

Hurts' biggest negative is his tendency to pull down the ball and run when he doesn't have to. Too often he fakes a hand-off, runs and gets sandbagged.
Eventually he'll break a big run and everyone forgets that three out of four of his runs are just wasted downs.

The danger is he becomes McNabb 2.0 - a flash in the pan who never fulfills his potential because he gets eroded prematurely due to nasty hits.
And who never develops as a consistent passer.

It's too early to condemn him though. 

• Like 1

I'd rather see Minshew.  He's the best pure passer on the roster.

Said it once and I'll say it again.  Hurts is a playmaker but not a very good QB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Hurts needs to get benched! There's NO excuse for Hurts to be this terrible! Put in Flacco or Minshew! If either of them wins game against Chiefs, they start for rest of season!

And the idiot who posts once a month now has all the answers,  Band wagoners should go away.

Dickerson and Dillard get their 1st starts of the season and Siriani throws non stop? Hurts wasn’t good, another reason to run the ball. It’s not that hard. Siriani and his Dawg mentality nonsense, run the ball. 

• Like 2

You can’t bench Hurts. That ship has sailed? What are you benching him for? Minshew? I guess he will look cooler losing in the eyes of some. 

• Like 3

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

You can’t bench Hurts. That ship has sailed? What are you benching him for? Minshew? I guess he will look cooler losing in the eyes of some. 

Minshew is a better QB

1 minute ago, The Blackfish said:

Dickerson and Dillard get their 1st starts of the season and Siriani throws non stop? Hurts wasn’t good, another reason to run the ball. It’s not that hard. Siriani and his Dawg mentality nonsense, run the ball. 

I really am starting to wonder if all of the throwing was Doug or was if pressure from the FO.

Just now, downundermike said:

Minshew is a better QB

Yet he’s still a loser. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I really am starting to wonder if all of the throwing was Doug or was if pressure from the FO.

I'm starting to wonder myself.

You'd think they would realize that they won a freaking SB running the ball.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I really am starting to wonder if all of the throwing was Doug or was if pressure from the FO

Really ??  This was proven after Doug was fired.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Really ??  This was proven after Doug was fired.

Was it? Yeah case we run the ball so much now? 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yet he’s still a loser. 

Minshew looked better in Jacksonville than Hurts looks with way more talent.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Was it? Yeah case we run the ball so much now? 

There was reports about Lowie grilling Doug on Tuesdays for not passing enough because of his analytics 

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

I'm starting to wonder myself.

You'd think they would realize that they won a freaking SB running the ball.

And with big backs! They used to pound teams. They were a top five rushing unit. Now they basically have three backs on the roster that do the exact same thing. Lurie complains about running the ball while failing to see that and defense is what got him that bowl like you mentioned. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Minshew looked better in Jacksonville than Hurts looks with way more talent.

There was reports about Lowie grilling Doug on Tuesdays for not passing enough because of his analytics 

Mishew lost there and he will lose here. He’s so good nobody wanted him. 😂

• Like 2