Enough is Enough!

gameshowfan91

Should Hurts Be Benched?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hurts Be Benched?

• Yes
    • No

45 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

F that. This is a rebuilding year. They need to find out if he can play or if they should invest multiple picks to trade for a QB whether it be a vet or trade up in the draft. Hurts looks bad right now but either he shows he can get better and be the guy or they lose a bunch of games and get a great pick.

Why not see what Minshew has. I mean they traded for him for a reason. 

33 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Despite all the issues,  and I see a lot of dropped passes, Hurts still threw for 326 yards.

75 percent of which was in garbage time when the D backs off. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

75 percent of which was in garbage time when the D backs off. 

Hurts looked about as skittish and unsure of himself as any QB I’ve ever seen. He has many issues to correct and Sirianni does too. This is gonna be a very, very long season if both show no improvement in the next few games. A 2 to 3 year rebuild will be a 5 to 6 year one if they regress. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Minshew lost there and he will lose here. He’s so good nobody wanted him. 😂

We won't know if he doesn't get a chance here.

• Thanks 1

I place this loss on Sirianni and Gannon. No Hurts did not play very well but the game plan on both sides of the ball was atrocious. As an Oklahoma fan, I so want Hurts to succeed here. I have my doubts. On the plus side, Spencer Rattler is a similar skillset to Hurts athletically but is far more accurate. 

• Like 3

Hurts had a rough game but we had 2 starting OL out there.  The protection was a trainwreck.  Hurts looked way better in Week 1 because Mailata, Brooks and Seumalo were out there.  Then the coach compounds the issue by abandoning the run game. 

• Like 1

Hurts is very limited but I think you still need a larger sample size before you can bench him. This vanilla offense where it’s”less think, more talent take over.” Is not good, at all. It worked week one and teams know what’s coming. How many times is Hurts going to throw a screen? NFL teams are not going to let that happen. Hurts and Play calling need to get better ASAP

• Like 1

Seriously after 3 weeks? Where week one he was really good, week two he wasn't as bad as people make out and yesterday ok sure he struggled. But 3 weeks and there are calls to bench him? Man sometimes this fan base.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I don't think he should be benched, but i think he's just a small part of the problem.

I just get why we're not running it more. Why is it that literally every single person on this board can see it, but the coaches past and present and FO cannot?

Until the O line improves or we start to give more touches to Sanders, gainwell and even Howard - i fear that every game is going to be the same story.

30 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

I don't think he should be benched, but i think he's just a small part of the problem.

I just get why we're not running it more. Why is it that literally every single person on this board can see it, but the coaches past and present and FO cannot?

Until the O line improves or we start to give more touches to Sanders, gainwell and even Howard - i fear that every game is going to be the same story.

The FO can see it, but they feel it is for the best.

As was reported after Doug got fired, Lowie and their analytics staff firmly believe in having a heavy passing attack.

Running the ball will never be a focus until we get a new FO, and Lurie let's them do their job.

Give Hurts the whole year to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, exactly how good a QB he is.

If he's truly a great young QB, it'll show through everything else. If he's not, that'll  show through too.

Personally, I see a QB2. Time will tell if that's correct or not.

6 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

I'd rather see Minshew.  He's the best pure passer on the roster.

Said it once and I'll say it again.  Hurts is a playmaker but not a very good QB.

Has he really made any plays?

1. There’s no better solution on the roster

2. Do you think they can compete with a different quarterback?

• Like 1

Now with Saemallo out, with potential future injuries to the Oline well on the way, I expect Hurts to really struggle.

7 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Hurts had a rough game but we had 2 starting OL out there.  The protection was a trainwreck.  Hurts looked way better in Week 1 because Mailata, Brooks and Seumalo were out there.  Then the coach compounds the issue by abandoning the run game. 

You can’t abandon something that you didn’t even try to establish. The coaches flaked early in the game. This one had me missing the scripted 15 plays. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I really am starting to wonder if all of the throwing was Doug or was if pressure from the FO.

I’m going way down the conspiracy rabbit hole, but that play selection was so strangely lopsided it looked like he was proving a point.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I place this loss on Sirianni and Gannon. No Hurts did not play very well but the game plan on both sides of the ball was atrocious. As an Oklahoma fan, I so want Hurts to succeed here. I have my doubts. On the plus side, Spencer Rattler is a similar skillset to Hurts athletically but is far more accurate. 

Rattler's been very underwhelming this year, and fans were calling for his benching in OU's most recent game. I'm very concerned about next year's crop of QBs if he's supposedly the best of the bunch. Might have to wait a couple of years before drafting someone.

9 hours ago, T-1000 said:

F that. This is a rebuilding year. They need to find out if he can play or if they should invest multiple picks to trade for a QB whether it be a vet or trade up in the draft. Hurts looks bad right now but either he shows he can get better and be the guy or they lose a bunch of games and get a great pick.

Exactly. How many great QBs started off crap only to become franchise QBs... give Hurts time. An already injured oline is a major concern. Same crap every year.

• Like 3

It's tough for me to really just point the finger solely at Hurts for last night... The whole team was terrible and the coaching was even worse... All those penalties were brutal this team was so unprepared... If the games continue to look like last night I really won't be shocked if Sirianni is let go... If things don't turn around fast which I don't expect them to in my opinion Howie should be shown the door and I think unless a qb is there with one of the top picks and you feel strongly about him I wouldn't even draft a qb and build a really strong team and then try to bring in a qb when we have a decent team around him... We are so devoid of talent on this team 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Why not see what Minshew has. I mean they traded for him for a reason. 

The same reason they drafted Hurts is the same reason why they traded for Minshew. With that being the case if he goes to Minshew now and if Minshew stinks he probably loses his football team. Not that he has a good hold on them now though.