Enough is Enough!

gameshowfan91

Should Hurts Be Benched?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hurts Be Benched?

• Yes
    • No

43 minutes ago, Aspiritfall said:

It's tough for me to really just point the finger solely at Hurts for last night... The whole team was terrible and the coaching was even worse... All those penalties were brutal this team was so unprepared... If the games continue to look like last night I really won't be shocked if Sirianni is let go... If things don't turn around fast which I don't expect them to in my opinion Howie should be shown the door and I think unless a qb is there with one of the top picks and you feel strongly about him I wouldn't even draft a qb and build a really strong team and then try to bring in a qb when we have a decent team around him... We are so devoid of talent on this team 

I’m getting concerned that Howie will pull a desperation move and use the draft picks and go get Watson. That way when they lose he can blame it on a lack of draft picks like he did after the Wentz trade. 

2 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Exactly. How many great QBs started off crap only to become franchise QBs... give Hurts time. An already injured oline is a major concern. Same crap every year.

yup and no one else is pointing the other weaknesses on this roster like our defense giving up 40 points, our linebackers stink, our safeties stink, our d ends stink, offense is no better, i know we ran 3 times but we need a star running back,  sanders is a good rotational back he's not elliot. our receiving core isnt good,  smith is a good reciever but he needs another proven star playing with him. our tight ends are nothing to ride home either. i just think we need alot of talent to improve this team and it isnt just from the draft, it's free agency and trades.

this team needs alot of work.

Breaking: Eagles Trade For Gardner Minshew, Plus John McMullen's 53 Man  Roster Projection - YouTube

Lets' GO!!!!

I'm mainly just stirring the pot at this point. Hurts accuracy is awful. He needs to get it figured out or we should bench him. Even before Seumalo went down and the pocket was clean, he was still missing people and throwing behind them.

No because the team has to see what they have in him over a season.

Nothing to gain from starting someone else, unless the coaches really feel that Minshew really has the potential to be a high level starting QB.

At least he is playing really poorly, it will make the decision at the end of the season easier.

13 hours ago, eaglegenius said:

The danger is he becomes McNabb 2.0 - a flash in the pan who never fulfills his potential because he gets eroded prematurely due to nasty hits.

And who never develops as a consistent passer.

Sounds an awful lot like Wentz as well. 

4 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

Sounds an awful lot like Wentz as well. 

Yes sir. And most "running QBs" whose careers are often shorter than a RB's.
By the time they get settled in the NFL they're already banged up and have lost a step or two.

Green Bay should of benched Rodgers for rest of the season after that week 1 game. It’s ridiculous he’s still starting! 

Give Hurts at least few more games. It’s only week 3. He’s had a good game, a mediocre game, and a bad game. Not Every NFL QB is perfect every game, or even good for that matter. I personally don’t think he’s the guy going forward, but I still want to see how he performs over the season since I could be wrong. If he keeps playing like the Dallas game then sure, bench him. But it’s an evaluation year, see what he does good and what he does bad. If the bad is something they feel they can coach up and correct in offseason, then he’s the guy next year. There’s not much more to gain for this team by starting Flacco, and Minshew likely isn’t the answer either.

On 9/27/2021 at 6:19 PM, 315Eagles said:

I'm starting to wonder myself.

You'd think they would realize that they won a freaking SB running the ball.

It's coming from Lurie's analytics dept.  They are the darlings of the moment but 3-14 should get rid of them

Not now but if he continues to regress in his play as he has done since the start of the season then he probably will at some point mid-season.  I'd bet if they pull the trigger on a change they will wait after the tough stretch of the next 4 games so the new QB (Minshew) can come in against some other bad teams instead.  

But Hurts is a young QB so he could have it in him to turn it around.  Sirianni needs to help him out though and make the young QB's job a bit easier with the play calling especially the lack of running game last game when the Cowboys had nothing but small lightweight defensemen out there.  He has to show life though and progress from what should be the low point of his season.  If it isn't the low point and it's just turned into an endless sludge of non-existent offense like it was with Wentz last year then yeah they will have to make a move at midseason.  

6 hours ago, vaff said:

Thread title is so ridiculous. He literally played one bad game and one mediocre game.

this is what we do

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 4:55 PM, Dwide Schrude said:

Green Bay should of benched Rodgers for rest of the season after that week 1 game. It’s ridiculous he’s still starting! 

Give Hurts at least few more games. It’s only week 3. He’s had a good game, a mediocre game, and a bad game. Not Every NFL QB is perfect every game, or even good for that matter. I personally don’t think he’s the guy going forward, but I still want to see how he performs over the season since I could be wrong. If he keeps playing like the Dallas game then sure, bench him. But it’s an evaluation year, see what he does good and what he does bad. If the bad is something they feel they can coach up and correct in offseason, then he’s the guy next year. There’s not much more to gain for this team by starting Flacco, and Minshew likely isn’t the answer either.

Rodgers has already shown he's an elite QB for over a decade. Hurts has shown he's average to downright bad. Nice try.

• Like 2

What is benching Hurts gonna accomplish? Both us and the Eagles know the QB of the future is not on this team, so might as well stick with Hurts.

18 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Rodgers has already shown he's an elite QB for over a decade. Hurts has shown he's average to downright bad. Nice try.

Point stands because everyone reacts. It’s been 4 games. Y’all are too quick to give up on someone. 

17 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Point stands because everyone reacts. It’s been 4 games. Y’all are too quick to give up on someone. 

Not quick enough! I like to give up on them in the first quarter !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not quick enough! I like to give up on them in the first quarter !

More patient than me! If it’s a 3 and out on first drive I’m already demanding coaches to be fired and everyone on offense cut!

• Haha 1

Hurts should start at least until the Bye week then if he fails let Minshew start .

On 9/28/2021 at 11:00 AM, EazyEaglez said:

I’m getting concerned that Howie will pull a desperation move and use the draft picks and go get Watson. That way when they lose he can blame it on a lack of draft picks like he did after the Wentz trade. 

Right, weasels always find an excuse, even when they're responsible for the excuse.

On 9/27/2021 at 11:55 PM, eaglegenius said:

The danger is he becomes McNabb 2.0 - a flash in the pan who never fulfills his potential because he gets eroded prematurely due to nasty hits.
And who never develops as a consistent passer.

If Andy had gotten decent receivers when McNabb was in his prime I do think he would have won at gone to more than 1 SB and anything can happen once there. The one full year he one (T.O.) they were blowing out most teams. I remember a friend of mine who is a Giants fan asked if I even enjoyed watching the games they were so often pretty much over by halftime that season. Having jags at wr season after season was inexcusable.

Yeah we have 1 of our 5 starters starting on the oline.  And we have a defense giving up 40 burgers.  

No doubt we need to move on from hurts immediately.   Enough is enough surely flacco or that other scrub minshew can turn things around.   

It’s Time for me to take a break from Tate 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, GreenMachine said:

Having jags at wr season after season was inexcusable.

It worked for the Patriots more than once.

9 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Right, weasels always find an excuse, even when they're responsible for the excuse.

A trade for Watson would put this team into a desperation kick the can down the road mode, because their cap situation would be worse than it already is. Howie’s true hope right now is that Jalen Hurts becomes a legit starting quarterback so he can use those picks to improve this roster. 

4 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Yeah we have 1 of our 5 starters starting on the oline.  And we have a defense giving up 40 burgers.  

No doubt we need to move on from hurts immediately.   Enough is enough surely flacco or that other scrub minshew can turn things around.   

It’s Time for me to take a break from Tate 

Funny, but true. 

9 hours ago, rickospia said:

Hurts should start at least until the Bye week then if he fails let Minshew start .

Curious to know what you consider failing for this team right now. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Curious to know what you consider failing for this team right now. 

Hurts is not the one giving up 83 points in the last two games he needs to find his second and third reads he will learn I hope !

29 minutes ago, rickospia said:

Hurts is not the one giving up 83 points in the last two games he needs to find his second and third reads he will learn I hope !

Certainly there are many factors to that, and having one of five starting linemen have an effect there. As far as being a passer I certainly feel the Eagles believe that Hurts is progressing well enough for him. Personally I want to see him to continue to keep the turnovers down and develop more pocket awareness, but benching him isn’t going to help his development. Benching him for Minshew is just a complete waste of time, because he’s definitely not the future quarterback here.