Siri and Gan is the problem!

Portyansky

Yes Hurts shares some blame too, but nowhere near the amount the coaches do. RPO will never work if you NEVER RUN!!!!!!!! We got 3 capable RBs. After the SF game you'd really think they would have learned. D playing a stupid zone D that was getting torched. Bend don't break? It was broke! Play man press!! Gotta trust Slay and Nelson! The few times we played press we actually looked like a decent D! 

Ok ok, in game adjustments rookie coaches, sure. But after the half!?!?! Come on!!!! You've seen enough to see it doesn't work! 

• Like 8

Watching that defense is like watching a prevent D all game. They can’t stop the run, they can’t stop the pass. Time to change things up.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, EaglesFanKY said:

Sirianni is in way over his head. They should fire the guy right now. I know a coach when I see one and he ain’t it. 

He wears cool t-shirts though!

• Like 1

Ah yes, the day after a crappy loss. Overreaction time. 

Look, last night sucked, but we had to expect that with a first time head coach. There will be bad days. That doesn’t mean he won’t ultimately adjust and turn things around. Maybe not this season, but I didn’t expect anything from this season to begin with.  Even Reid had a miserable first season, and and that includes the games with McNabb as the starter later in the year.

Am I 100% convinced that Sirianni is going to be a good coach here? Nope. But I’m certainly not writing him off after 1-2 start, even if the Dallas loss was a badly coached game. Give the man time to get it right. 

• Like 4

Exactly - it was going to be a rough year no matter what. The hope is that as the year progresses, they get better and better.

On a side note the T-shirt thing is stupid and already played out. Very few people care what he wears and it has no effect on the game.

He's a first year coach in his rookie campaign as HC with a young QB. It's supposed to be ugly. Yes, it's painful to watch, but this is how it's supposed to be. It's how it usually goes. 

• Like 1

A QB with 4 starts under his belt.

A rookie head coach and first time OC and DC

Limited off season workouts.

A very young and inexperienced WR corps

So they start the season with these changes and and now 3 games into the season, the philly fans are fed up.......LMAO, philly fans are supposed to be so knowledgeable about football, yet are so clueless when it comes to the complexity of changes like these.  The time it takes to adapt to new schemes and systems.  How a young QB develops, how a rookie head coach has a learning curve too......Did anybody think the eagles were going to come out week after week and perform at a high level with little or no mistakes?  Take your head out of your arse.

Give them at LEAST 8 games to start looking like things are coming together.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Look, last night sucked, but we had to expect that with a first time head coach. There will be bad days. That doesn’t mean he won’t ultimately adjust and turn things around. Maybe not this season, but I didn’t expect anything from this season to begin with.  Even Reid had a miserable first season, and and that includes the games with McNabb as the starter later in the year.

Am I 100% convinced that Sirianni is going to be a good coach here? Nope. But I’m certainly not writing him off after 1-2 start, even if the Dallas loss was a badly coached game. Give the man time to get it right. 

36 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

A QB with 4 starts under his belt.

A rookie head coach and first time OC and DC

Limited off season workouts.

A very young and inexperienced WR corps

So they start the season with these changes and and now 3 games into the season, the philly fans are fed up.......LMAO, philly fans are supposed to be so knowledgeable about football, yet are so clueless when it comes to the complexity of changes like these.  The time it takes to adapt to new schemes and systems.  How a young QB develops, how a rookie head coach has a learning curve too......Did anybody think the eagles were going to come out week after week and perform at a high level with little or no mistakes?  Take your head out of your arse.

Give them at LEAST 8 games to start looking like things are coming together.

1st... Never in my post did I say they needed to be fired. 2nd... rookie coaches and a "rookie" QB, what's the best way to take pressure off if him? Run the damn ball!!! As I have said. RPO don't work when you only P and never R. When you at least attempt to run it shows the D you are at least trying. Once you become one dimensional it couldn't be easier for the D. 

Did I expect to win this game, nope. Did I expect a change from last week, you bet! We went the wrong way. 

1 hour ago, pallidrone said:

Exactly - it was going to be a rough year no matter what. The hope is that as the year progresses, they get better and better.

On a side note the T-shirt thing is stupid and already played out. Very few people care what he wears and it has no effect on the game.

AGREED. 

1 hour ago, pallidrone said:

That t-shirt thing is for children.

2 minutes ago, SB52 said:

The defense has actually been shockingly good considering he’s a first-time defensive coordinator.

I wouldn't say good, but they didn't ish the bed until last night. They did a decent job against San Fran, and handled ATL.

22 minutes ago, MF POON said:

I wouldn't say good, but they didn't ish the bed until last night. They did a decent job against San Fran, and handled ATL.

Yeah i am good with what Gannon has put out there so far. He will continue to get better, and we will be in the position to acquire young talent for him to work with.

like other have said - take the pressure off by running it. We've got experienced players like sanders and howard who are made for this

Stick a fork in em. They're done.

Eagles about to lose the next 4 games.

Watch them implode.

Not enough talent. Too many injuries. 

Fire Howie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nipples said:

I'm ok with this very rational and well-articulated approach. And it's admirable and reasonable to preach patience. But there is one adjustment that needs to be made and it can't wait for the end of the season.... #fireHowie. Period. Completely done with this fraud.

3 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Yes Hurts shares some blame too, but nowhere near the amount the coaches do. RPO will never work if you NEVER RUN!!!!!!!! We got 3 capable RBs. After the SF game you'd really think they would have learned. D playing a stupid zone D that was getting torched. Bend don't break? It was broke! Play man press!! Gotta trust Slay and Nelson! The few times we played press we actually looked like a decent D! 

Ok ok, in game adjustments rookie coaches, sure. But after the half!?!?! Come on!!!! You've seen enough to see it doesn't work! 

I'll give the D a pass at this time, no investment has been made on that side of the ball so you really shouldn't expect any improvement, they're aging and it shows.

The offense is a different story.  First and foremost, both Sirianni and Hurts need to realize that Tom Brady, the GOAT, earned his reputation mainly on a continued commitment to the run coupled with the short to intermediate passing game to RBs, Slot WRs and TEs, these are high percentage passes where you but the ball in the hands of or playmakers.  Try it, it works!!

Secondly, you have to game plan for your opponent.

Dallas' issue is stopping the run and Sirianni ran the ball 3 times the entire game, come the F on!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Watching that defense is like watching a prevent D all game. They can’t stop the run, they can’t stop the pass. Time to change things up.

Gannon keeps running a 3-4 and it doesn't work. We don't have the personnel for it. Just stay with a 4 man line. The LBs are also awful. None of these guys can get into the backfield. 

What the heck is this Dog Mentality catch phrase BS?  If I hear it again I may vomit. Besides I like dogs. They are loving creatures. Stop using that term, it means nothing when it comes down to winning football games. Sirianni not fooling anyone by using that inappropriate reference. Just manage the game without these meaningless catchwords.

4 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Manning bros busted that myth. They said there is no time at half time to change a whole.game plan. You make a few tweaks and that's about it. 

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Manning bros busted that myth. They said there is no time at half time to change a whole.game plan. You make a few tweaks and that's about it. 

Few tweaks? Run the fn ball!!! That should have been in the game plan from the beginning. Play more man vs zone. 2 small "tweaks" would have helped a ton.

• Like 1