Siri and Gan is the problem!

Portyansky

6 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Few tweaks? Run the fn ball!!! That should have been in the game plan from the beginning. Play more man vs zone. 2 small "tweaks" would have helped a ton.

Meh, I don't know.what you expected from the defense against the cowboys they held on as long as they could and made some stops and plays. With the same mediocre garbage we have had the last few years. 

So much for people not expecting anything in a rebuild year with rookie coaches. 😢😢😢😢

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

The biggest problems are at the top of the organization. 

Yep. Howie was trying to figure out who to throw in front of the bus last night.

Sirianni has been a disaster.  

Defense looked good the first 2 games until Graham went out and then they fell apart but they also did not really play any good offenses those first 2 weeks.  I was thinking we would be seeing some creative blitzes and an attacking defense from Gannon but it just seems to be a zone 2 deep safety version of the Schwartz defense so far.  

Hargrave is the only bright spot on defense going forward but he is 28 and in the midst of his prime with one year on his deal after this season so it isn't like he is this core member that will be around for the long haul.  The future is very bleak for this team.  

The lack of running plays was a lot on Hurts - he has to give that ball more to the back on the read plays. He has to be coached harder to distribute the damn ball to his play makers instead of trying to be the focal point. 

4 hours ago, Teddiem said:

The lack of running plays was a lot on Hurts - he has to give that ball more to the back on the read plays. He has to be coached harder to distribute the damn ball to his play makers instead of trying to be the focal point. 

The defense is taking away the run on the RPOs because he can't pass for sheet. 

11 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

I’m not down on Gan yet 

Me either. He doesn't have a full roster of talented defenders to work with. He has a pretty good D-line, but no Linebackers and a secondary that is average. Staying in a cover 2 shell all the time is a bad strategy when you have no linebackers, but then again  every approach is a bad strategy when you have no linebackers.

I blame Howie.

Yeah the 3 Running Back carries in a game is inexplicable, I can't excuse that from Sirianni,  but the defense was OK up to Dallas and my guess there is BG is a lot better at diagnosing whats coming and getting to where the ball is than who's come in for him, this may get worse before it gets better.

On 9/28/2021 at 11:18 AM, RememberTheKoy said:

Sirianni has been a disaster.  

when was the last time a rookie head coach to his team to the playoffs? And how often has it happened in the history of post-merger NFL? Just curious

1 hour ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Can’t imagine what this place will be like if Eagles somehow beat the Chiefs on Sunday

I remember early 2019 when we lost game 2 to a poor Atlanta and then lost game 3 at home to a godawful Lions team that was on it's way to a 3-12-1 season to sit 1-2 and then pulled a win out of our ass at Lambeau, so yeah winning in KC would be about par for the course.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JohnB said:

when was the last time a rookie head coach to his team to the playoffs? And how often has it happened in the history of post-merger NFL? Just curious

Nothing about my statement has to do with the potential of playoffs. 

11 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I remember early 2019 when we lost game 2 to a poor Atlanta and then lost game 3 at home to a godawful Lions team that was on it's way to a 3-12-1 season to sit 1-2 and then pulled a win out of our ass at Lambeau, so yeah winning in KC would be about par for the course.

It definitely feels like one of those games where they shouldnt win at all, so they probably will. 

Or more likely Mahomes drops a 50 piece on our defense

Ok so... Most of us fully expect the next few weeks to be ugly so... How many wins saves Sirianni this year? If he only wins 4 games does he survive?

On 9/28/2021 at 1:20 PM, jolsonal said:

What the heck is this Dog Mentality catch phrase BS?  If I hear it again I may vomit. Besides I like dogs. They are loving creatures. Stop using that term, it means nothing when it comes down to winning football games. Sirianni not fooling anyone by using that inappropriate reference. Just manage the game without these meaningless catchwords.

It's not about an animal- It's about an attitude. The word "dog" is slang, just as if you called someone a "cool cat." Oversensitive animals lovers- ya gotta chill and un pucker your butts. 🤣

There is no "the" problem. 

There are the problems

They might get better as the season goes along, especially if the rookie WRs improve, but there isn't a lot of reason to think this is a good team. A lot of pretty good players, but not enough great ones. 

On 10/1/2021 at 6:48 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok so... Most of us fully expect the next few weeks to be ugly so... How many wins saves Sirianni this year? If he only wins 4 games does he survive?

Fans will want him gone. But we just about knew that ten minutes after he was hired. 

On 9/30/2021 at 5:48 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Lurie never has operated that way. Reid only won 5 games his first year. Doug won 7. 

If they decide to fire him after one year then this franchise has officially gone to sheet 

On 9/30/2021 at 11:48 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Depends...if we keep playing stupid football like vs Cowgirls then I hope he will not

On 9/30/2021 at 5:48 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If he only wins 4 games. It will depend how he lost the other 11. If it's anything like the Cow game, yes he should be fired bc he hasn't learned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lurie never has operated that way. Reid only won 5 games his first year. Doug won 7. 

If they decide to fire him after one year  because he runs the ball too much then this franchise has officially gone to sheet 

IMO the only way he gets fired after one year is if he clearly loses the team.  He pulls a 3rd year Chip he better have United Van Lines on speed dial.

1 hour ago, eglz1 said:

IMO the only way he gets fired after one year is if he clearly loses the team.  He pulls a 3rd year Chip he better have United Van Lines on speed dial.

Good point 

On 9/28/2021 at 2:23 PM, Teddiem said:

Yeah blame a 2nd year QB for his split second RPO decisions rather than the head coach who could simply call some run plays. 

10 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If they decide to fire him after one year then this franchise has officially gone to sheet 

I guess it depends though. I mean I don't know the circumstances of Reids first year but under Doug they showed signs of promise. They won 7 games, lost some other close ones so there was a platform to build from. 

8 hours ago, Portyansky said:

If he only wins 4 games. It will depend how he lost the other 11. If it's anything like the Cow game, yes he should be fired bc he hasn't learned.

Yeah to be fair I just made this point too. They've got to show signs of developing and that there's a platform to build upon. If they don't and they look lost like they did against Dullarse then he probably should be fired.