Siri and Gan is the problem!

Portyansky

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I guess it depends though. I mean I don't know the circumstances of Reids first year but under Doug they showed signs of promise. They won 7 games, lost some other close ones so there was a platform to build from. 

Well we have 14 more games left..... We have plenty to build on yet

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 2:48 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok so... Most of us fully expect the next few weeks to be ugly so... How many wins saves Sirianni this year? If he only wins 4 games does he survive?

why wouldn't he? He's a rookie head coach. I think it's common for a new head coach to go 3-13 or 4-12. What you evaluate is whether or not the team fundamentally improves, even if it's not on the scoreboard. That's my take on it anyway. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well we have 14 more games left..... We have plenty to build on yet

I'm not sure they are going to though. That's the concern here. 

The guy basically doubled down on the same gameplan that lost against Dallas. Still no runs called in the Red Zone until late in the game. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 8:43 AM, Portyansky said:

D playing a stupid zone D that was getting torched. Bend don't break? It was broke! Play man press!! Gotta trust Slay and Nelson! The few times we played press we actually looked like a decent D! 

When you don't invest in defensive players you get the Eagles defense.......the LBs are practically non-existent and I wouldn't trust the corners in man coverage, they don't have the footspeed, playing press is OK if you can get your hands on the WR but that's a 50/50 proposition. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, EagleVA said:

When you don't invest in defensive players you get the Eagles defense.......the LBs are practically non-existent and I wouldn't trust the corners in man coverage, they don't have the footspeed, playing press is OK if you can get your hands on the WR but that's a 50/50 proposition. 

The LBs are by far the biggest issue with this defense and they have been for a long long time. The lack of investment in that position is quite frankly a disgrace. 

23 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I agree sorta. The opposing O gets rid of the ball way too quick not giving the dline time to get to the QB. This is like Gym Shorts all over again. But we have a little more talent. I feel that extra second or 2 of coverage is all we need especially when only rushing 4.

2 hours ago, Portyansky said:

I agree sorta. The opposing O gets rid of the ball way too quick not giving the dline time to get to the QB. This is like Gym Shorts all over again. But we have a little more talent. I feel that extra second or 2 of coverage is all we need especially when only rushing 4.

I was thinking about stopping the run, when a RB get past the DL, there're no LBs in the neighborhood to fill the gaps......that's their job.

If both look like this next year this time then I would be like okay bye. They get a year and another offseason I mean come on.

• Like 2

Siri and hurts missing 4 of starting OL put up over 400 yards and 30 points, the defense meanwhile give up 6 tds in 7 possessions, that's really bad and while one could blame Gannon I'd Lay the blame at the players themselves.

The only player on D that is worth a darn is hargrave, everybody else is average below average or useless 

• Like 2

On 10/3/2021 at 12:04 PM, JohnB said:

why wouldn't he? He's a rookie head coach. I think it's common for a new head coach to go 3-13 or 4-12. What you evaluate is whether or not the team fundamentally improves, even if it's not on the scoreboard. That's my take on it anyway. 

To early to tell  cut him some slack .

On 10/3/2021 at 12:04 PM, JohnB said:

It’s still early in the season, but the team seems to be fundamentally worse now than they were at the start of the season. Still too many penalties and too many mental lapses. It’s still early so he has a chance to improve, but the coach needs to step up and take charge here.

• Like 1

Gannon is the one who is the problem his defense sinks . Put players in a position to win succeed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rickospia said:

Gannon is the one who is the problem his defense sinks . Put players in a position to win succeed.

Gannon definitely needs to do something now, not later. The Eagles have allowed 83 points and 851 yards in their last two games. That is unacceptable on any level. Even though he is a rookie D coord, that is just totally unacceptable. If this guy doesn't make the right changes and show some kind of improvement... he'll be gone next year for sure. I think the man can at least improve on that mess.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2021 at 11:48 PM, JohnB said:

when was the last time a rookie head coach to his team to the playoffs? And how often has it happened in the history of post-merger NFL? Just curious

I'm sure someone said it, but didn't Chip Kelly take us to the playoffs in his rookie year? Everything after that was a disaster though

48 minutes ago, MF POON said:

I'm sure someone said it, but didn't Chip Kelly take us to the playoffs in his rookie year? Everything after that was a disaster though

On the flip side, Andy Reid won 5 games his rookie year, which included a 2-7 start. 

Yes, I understand he had Pederson at QB for the beginning of the season but even after putting McNabb in as the starter only went 2-4. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nipples said:

On the flip side, Andy Reid won 5 games his rookie year, which included a 2-7 start. 

Yes, I understand he had Pederson at QB for the beginning of the season but even after putting McNabb in as the starter only went 2-4. 

Yeah, Nick could turn out to be a good coach. I just hope 5 seasons down the road we're not repeating the same things like we did with Reid, which is "Run the ball!" lol

What’s he supposed to do with this scrub roster?

27 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

What’s he supposed to do with this scrub roster?

Honestly the roster isn’t terrible. It’s not great by any means, but there’s some talent here. The biggest issue, that I don’t know how to fix, is the stupid penalties. Just off the top of my head they’ve had 4 TDs called back, and I could even be forgetting some. Cut back on the penalties and this offense actually would be pretty solid. They’ve moved the ball well outside of the Dallas game. 

Now you can say that penalties come down to coaching, but it was an issue even last year. How do you fix it? 

16 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Gannon definitely needs to do something now, not later. The Eagles have allowed 83 points and 851 yards in their last two games. That is unacceptable on any level. Even though he is a rookie D coord, that is just totally unacceptable. If this guy doesn't make the right changes and show some kind of improvement... he'll be gone next year for sure. I think the man can at least improve on that mess.

This defense doesn’t attack the football. They basically react to the football. They also play their safeties deep because they’re afraid to get beat deep over the top. They’re not aggressive and when they are aggressive it is in the wrong way with stupid penalties. That could come down to frustration with the system they are running. The defense isn’t very talented, but the system they are running is worse. Teams have no problem simply running the ball down their throats. Why not when they basically give up 6 yards a carry. 

• Like 2

Still not running the ball enough. Still taking points off the board with stupid penalties. Still playing crap defense hoping the QB will miss. This D is made for poor QB play. If we don't get after TB12 on Thursday, and don't control the clock leaving him on the bench, it's gonna be a crappy night.

On 10/11/2021 at 9:05 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I had to stop reading after "He found no quantifiable relationship between running and play-action passing; nor between running the ball and controlling time of possession; nor between the amount of rest a defense gets (because the run was "established," keeping it off the field) and defensive performance. "

The problem with Lurie and his nerd buddies is they're nerds, they've never played the game so they're football ignorant.

We've all seen how LBs and Ss react when the defense is getting gashed by the run, they attack the LOS on the snap of the ball the instant the play resembles a running play, and we've seen how they react when the offense can't run worth a damn, they drop back defending the intermediate passes.  There are many games each week where a team has a lead but can't control the clock via the running game to secure the win.  Any my favorite, defensive performance has nothing to do with how long a defense is on the field?

The Eagles are in big trouble with Lurie dictating offensive game plans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

I had to stop reading after "He found no quantifiable relationship between running and play-action passing; nor between running the ball and controlling time of possession; nor between the amount of rest a defense gets (because the run was "established," keeping it off the field) and defensive performance. "

The problem with Lurie and his nerd buddies is they're nerds, they've never played the game so they're football ignorant.

We've all seen how LBs and Ss react when the defense is getting gashed by the run, they attack the LOS on the snap of the ball the instant the play resembles a running play, and we've seen how they react when the offense can't run worth a damn, they drop back defending the intermediate passes.  There are many games each week where a team has a lead but can't control the clock via the running game to secure the win.  Any my favorite, defensive performance has nothing to do with how long a defense is on the field?

The Eagles are in big trouble with Lurie dictating offensive game plans.

I hear you man, my eyes glazed over reading that sheet. I know you are an old school pound the rock type, so I knew if you read that your head would spin lol. I'm more about being balanced and I don't mind a heavy pass attack from time to time. I'm not that far gone though, what they are doing with the run game is absolutely disgusting.

I agree about Lurie, I made the comment on another thread that it doesn't even matter if they fire Howie now....  If Lurie has this much influence on the game plans this franchise is effed. 

15 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm more about being balanced and I don't mind a heavy pass attack from time to time.

Balance is what it's all about, you've got to keep the defense guessing as to what's coming next, if they know 80% of the time it's going to be a pass play they'll play pass defense all game long making it harder to pass.

As for the running game, Stoutland needs to get on the ball, seems to me the RBs are running into a brick wall on every handoff. 

• Like 1