Seasons Over

GreenMachine

Some idiot has to say it and I am that idiot. HC is in over his head. Drafting has been abysmal. Maybe things turn around at some point but the arrow is pointing down. Howie has to go, jesus. peter. paul. and mary... Jerah running the cowboys draft has hit gold in the last 3 drafts compared to us. It's insane how things have gone. Love the SB win, never thought I would see it in my lifetime so at least there is that. I don't post much but as I said the arrow to me points down. Even with potentially 3 first round draft picks next year unless they get a real GM in, Howie will repeat the same mistakes over and over. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

They were low, but not as low as they are now.  I expected some improvement game to game but the Falcons may be the high point.

• Like 2

It was over for me before it ever started.

I had them winning 5 games and I will stay with it. Heck, I should probably drop it to 3 wins now that the injuries are starting to kick in.

The injuries kick in every year since the SB win. The starting OL has been a mess for several years now. I don't blame the players for getting hurt but the draft picks year in and out have not replenished anything. Granted, not every team hits on their picks but the eagles have missed so many times.

I should admit I hope the birds get to the bowl every year. Maybe not a reality but this last game was ridiculous, a total beat down and showed we are not anywhere close to being competitive.  I would happy to eat crow though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

I had them winning 5 games and I will stay with it. Heck, I should probably drop it to 3 wins now that the injuries are starting to kick in.

My prediction was 7 wins, now it's 3

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

They were low, but not as low as they are now.  I expected some improvement game to game but the Falcons may be the high point.

I prefer the wake up call early in the season, instead of becoming complacent after early season win against Dallas. Let Dallas get big headed over the win. This only stages the future. Hopefully when eagles meet Dallas again it's for the NFC conference and ha r a grudge. 

3 hours ago, Fresh_Prince said:

My prediction was 7 wins, now it's 3

I still have us at 7.

4 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I had them winning 8 games..because I thought they had all the right pieces and with the right coaching they could at least be average. At this point ...I just do not know. Siri is over his head and this ship is sinking fast. It is only a matter of time before finger pointing in the locker room starts. It's bad. Hurts and Siri are just a bad combination. Wrong QB with a wrong coach. This sucks.

I never expected much this year. People got way overexcited after the Falcons game. I'll continue to watch no matter what like every year though.

• Like 4

I'm shocked that anyone had much expectation for this team from the beginning.  This season has always looked like 4 to 6 wins to me.  Until we have a real head coach and QB, it will stay that way.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I'm shocked that anyone had much expectation for this team from the beginning.  This season has always looked like 4 to 6 wins to me.  Until we have a real head coach and QB, it will stay that way.

Yeah I said between 6 and 9 wins depending on a few factors. I'm very much more towards 6 now and that's going to be best case I think. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I said between 6 and 9 wins depending on a few factors. I'm very much more towards 6 now and that's going to be best case I think. 

I think I originally predicted 6, but I must have been in a giving mood.  I don't see any way to that number.  What we saw Monday may not win us another game when combined with injuries, etc.  We are missing the two most basic building blocks - coach and QB.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, John Blutarski said:

I never expected much this year. People got way overexcited after the Falcons game. I'll continue to watch no matter what like every year though.

I knew the defense would suck so we will not win many games.  My hope was that Hurts and the young offence would play really well and then we would use our picks to rebuild the D and then we would be in business next year.... Not going to happen unfortunately. 😞

11 hours ago, SB52 said:

What were your expectations before the season?

Exactly.  Entirely new coaching staff, new schemes on both sides of the ball to learn, new QB, quite a few veteran players added to try to integrate into critical positions (Harris, Wilson, Nelson).  Everyone should be looking at the ENTIRE 2021 season as a season of learning and development (that includes the coaching staff).  I expected a lot of mistakes early in the season (so far ... check) and a lot of ups and downs (OK more downs than ups so far, but ... we're only 17% of the way through the season).  People need to sit tight and see if, as the season progresses and the coaches and players get more comfortable, they start minimizing the mistakes and shift the ratio of ups-to-downs toward the former.  If at the end of the season they start looking more like a competent football team and Sirianni starts looking more like a competent HC, then I will say season was a success regardless of record.  Expectations for next season will certainly be far greater - we can all piss and moan next year at this time if everything looks the same.  

• Like 1

I said before the season even started that they were probably a 5 win team. What did you expect? QB is basically a rookie, and may or may not be a good one. Year one for a first time head coach. Coming off a bad season last year so it’s not like the roster was stacked. This should have been expected. 

Even Reid only won 4 or 5 games in year 1. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I think I originally predicted 6, but I must have been in a giving mood.  I don't see any way to that number.  What we saw Monday may not win us another game when combined with injuries, etc.  We are missing the two most basic building blocks - coach and QB.

And who builds those.blocks? Change coaches and QBs all you want its going to be the same results it's been 10-12 yrs of this now. 

• Like 2

I really expected 6 to 7 wins at the start of the season (and was hoping for a surprise to the upside as I usually do regardless). The Dallas game just showed how much of a gap there is between the two and we need to get past them to go anywhere. I don't think even with 3 #1 picks they can close the gap (given howies talent evaluation skills). We need to hit home runs on our first round picks instead of a base hit here or there along with striking out. I don't think McCarthy is any great coach but with the talent on that team just average may be good enough. I guess on the plus side is they will probably lose their OC in the offseason to a head coaching job.

The only games I see as possible wins are lions/giant/skins/jets and they could possibly get to 4 or 5 wins. The early upcoming schedule is brutal and there may be no fight left in them by the backend of the season when even patient people will expect to see improvement. 

5 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Yeah I mean right now I agree with you. Seumalo out, BG out, Brooks set to miss a chunk of time, Dickerson is I think nursing an injury? Mailata missed Monday night. And it is only week 3.

13 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Fire Howie

Find a way to get Deshaun Watson.

Would be a good start.

Honestly I'd celebrate it like a SB win if Howie gets fired

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Honestly I'd celebrate it like a SB win if Howie gets fired

Yes sir.  Would be the second greatest moment in the history of the Philadelphia Eagles.