Seasons Over

GreenMachine

14 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Fire Howie

Find a way to get Deshaun Watson.

Would be a good start.

I honestly thought I was the only one that wanted him here.....he would be a great addition....

• Like 1

Watson would be a huge upgrade at QB , but at what cost?   And would he end up doing to us what he did to the Texans?

1 hour ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I honestly thought I was the only one that wanted him here.....he would be a great addition....

Looking around the NFL and at the QBs of the 2022 draft class, Watson is by and large the best option. And the Eagles have the draft capital to pull the trigger on a trade.

Texans lose leverage because Watson won't play another snap in Houston. Hopefully the Eagles could make that deal and keep at least 1 of those 1st round picks to address the defense.

Really think the young WRs could grow with a talent like Watson. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

Exactly.  Entirely new coaching staff, new schemes on both sides of the ball to learn, new QB, quite a few veteran players added to try to integrate into critical positions (Harris, Wilson, Nelson).  Everyone should be looking at the ENTIRE 2021 season as a season of learning and development (that includes the coaching staff).  I expected a lot of mistakes early in the season (so far ... check) and a lot of ups and downs (OK more downs than ups so far, but ... we're only 17% of the way through the season).  People need to sit tight and see if, as the season progresses and the coaches and players get more comfortable, they start minimizing the mistakes and shift the ratio of ups-to-downs toward the former.  If at the end of the season they start looking more like a competent football team and Sirianni starts looking more like a competent HC, then I will say season was a success regardless of record.  Expectations for next season will certainly be far greater - we can all piss and moan next year at this time if everything looks the same.  

Siri summarized it for me in his interview. "We fell behind early and we had to throw the ball." What coach in his right mind decides to have a shoot out with the nearly perfect QB at the time, and a great Cowboys running game facing him??? This is crazy. Anyone with any brains would try to keep the Cowboys offense off the field, and give Eagles defense a rest by running the ball. Siri did not. This is to me not just a mistake, but his gambling nature to double down when you loose. I expect more of the same games from Siri, at the earliest hint of falling behind. Some people do not learn from mistakes , but try the same thing over and over, expecting different results. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

Even with potentially 3 first round draft picks next year unless they get a real GM in, Howie will repeat the same mistakes over and over. 

What do you think about the Smith pick, mistake??

5 hours ago, nipples said:

I said before the season even started that they were probably a 5 win team. What did you expect? QB is basically a rookie, and may or may not be a good one. Year one for a first time head coach. Coming off a bad season last year so it’s not like the roster was stacked. This should have been expected. 

Even Reid only won 4 or 5 games in year 1. 

Siri is setting records for the most undisciplined team committing penalties. Siri is not Reid. At this point I can only hope they have 4 wins.

2 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Watson would be a huge upgrade at QB , but at what cost?   And would he end up doing to us what he did to the Texans?

Forget him. He is not scheduled to begin his court trials until the next Spring, and no one knows what the outcome will be. No one will touch him at this point, because it is unknown when will the league will let him play, if ever...following the legal outcomes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Looking around the NFL and at the QBs of the 2022 draft class, Watson is by and large the best option. And the Eagles have the draft capital to pull the trigger on a trade.

Texans lose leverage because Watson won't play another snap in Houston. Hopefully the Eagles could make that deal and keep at least 1 of those 1st round picks to address the defense.

Really think the young WRs could grow with a talent like Watson. 

Totally agree with you on this....

• Like 1

I thought they would suck this year, because they have no clue what they have right now. This year is about finding out about a new regime, if Hurts is a QB or not, etc, etc, etc. They are finding out what they have to do next year and in the near future. We will know more soon enough. 3 games in...they killed Atlanta, they hung with the 49ers and then sucked against the Cowboys, with key injuries thrown in. That's all we know for now. This season is more of a "find out what we have- find out what moves to make next year", than about winning right now. Always has been.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Forget him. He is not scheduled to begin his court trials until the next Spring, and no one knows what the outcome will be. No one will touch him at this point, because it is unknown when will the league will let him play, if ever...following the legal outcomes.

I don't want him.   Would have to give up too much to get a guy with too much baggage.

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Too early to tell. I was down with it at the time. Quez seems to be making more plays. QB play comes into question though so I am patient enough to see how things go. The cowboys seemed to do well with their press coverage across the board till the game was pretty much out of reach. I digress but the birds D seemed to always to be 8 yards off the line pretty much all the time. I could be wrong as I was a bit buzzed watching the game. However, the cowboys had no fear of anyone getting behind them and it is not like their D has been stellar the last few years but shut down the eagles WR with ease till the game was pretty much over. 

I will add that Howie has pretty much been a disaster drafting WR so just out of luck he should hit on at least one at some point. 

11 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

I don't want him.   Would have to give up too much to get a guy with too much baggage.

A couple first round picks would not be a bad deal to get Watson. Maybe even throw in a 2nd. The baggage is concerning and he could pull a watson/wentz here after a year or two which would give me pause. I probably would rather give up picks for him than trading multiple first to move up for an unproven QB. At this point it seems like there are a lot of great QB's that were not top 3 picks so it's a total crapshoot. 

I didn’t watch the cowboy game.  I had a bad feeling about it.   I didn’t want to ruin my night.  And to be honest this team hasn’t been fun to watch a few years now and for me it’s getting easier and easier to skip football season for the most part.  

I don’t need the aggravation 

On 9/29/2021 at 10:27 PM, LacesOut said:

It was over for me before it ever started.

I had them winning 5 games and I will stay with it. Heck, I should probably drop it to 3 wins now that the injuries are starting to kick in.

I had us at 6. 

You expect some sort of week to week progression and there has been none of that, and now we have a ton of injuries already which will only make it worse. We probably lose the next 3 games by 20 points too

15 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I think we should have traded down with the Bears.  Gotten their #1 next year which could/should be really high.  And added a 3 & 4 last draft that the Bears gave the Giants in the move up. plus kept our 3 we used to trade up.  Colts will bench Wentz if they keep losing so we won't get that 3rd high 1.

On 9/30/2021 at 1:54 PM, EagleVA said:

He is a rookie WR. There is definitely not enough info on him to make any final judgements. The Dallas game is all on SIRI, and Hurts taking a step back. Smith is running good routes, but he has a lot to learn, like that Diggs pick against him. It worked for Hurts and Smith in college, but good CB's in the NFL can anticipate, and intercept the ball. Adversity is time to adjust and grow. This will be a looooong year of learning for everyone , especially SIRI. When the loosing prolongs, Siri may loose the team. 

On 10/1/2021 at 6:54 AM, EagleVA said:

With a QB that's going to get him the ball, not hold it for 40 seconds after every snap, he's going to be a superstar. 

On 9/30/2021 at 1:54 PM, EagleVA said:

Absolutely.  It is the last mistake in a series of mistakes the required drafting a WR in the 1st back to back years.

37 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Absolutely.  It is the last mistake in a series of mistakes the required drafting a WR in the 1st back to back years.

I respect a lot of your opinions but I really can’t understand why you think Smith pick was a mistake 

7 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I respect a lot of your opinions but I really can’t understand why you think Smith pick was a mistake 

Because it was resources that had to be used to correct all of the previous mistakes

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Because it was resources that had to be used to correct all of the previous mistakes

if you’re mainly meaning the miss on JJAW, I see your point. Because Even before Reagor was drafted it seemed like in 2022 Eagles would still most likely be looking at WR again high in the draft. I don’t think that should be a knock on the player itself. He looks like the real deal, and was one of the last top prospects available. To come out of that draft with him + a future 1st rd pick was really well done. I’d rather have him & extra 1st over Waddle or one of the corners or even Sewell

11 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

if you’re mainly meaning the miss on JJAW, I see your point. Because Even before Reagor was drafted it seemed like in 2022 Eagles would still most likely be looking at WR again high in the draft. I don’t think that should be a knock on the player itself. He looks like the real deal, and was one of the last top prospects available. To come out of that draft with him + a future 1st rd pick was really well done. I’d rather have him & extra 1st over Waddle or one of the corners or even Sewell

Agholor, Gibson, Holland, Jeffrey extension, Mike Wallace, Tate trade, Jackson trade, JJawful.

Then after all that, a 1st round WR and 3 receivers in a draft, then another WR in the 1st.

Continuinual mistakes.