Devonta is special

Uscg-green

He's the best receiver we have had in years already. And he's only four games into his career. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, wrestlevessel said:

Is he really? Team is trash so I don't know if you are serious or sarcastic.

Serious. He looks fantastic. His route running is elite. Amazing how open he gets. And he's a rookie. Fantastic performance today. And he's doing it with a below average throwing QB. 

• Like 2

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Serious. He looks fantastic. His route running is elite. Amazing how open he gets. And he's a rookie. Fantastic performance today. And he's doing it with a below average throwing QB. 

Are we going to be 1-6 or 1-7? Schedule is impossible. Can we upset a team like the Panthers? Defense sucks.

Just now, wrestlevessel said:

Are we going to be 1-6 or 1-7? Schedule is impossible. Can we upset a team like the Panthers? Defense sucks.

So? I never said the team was good. The thread is about how good Devonta looks. Which is a positive sign for the future. We were never winning this year. 

1 minute ago, wrestlevessel said:

Is he really? Team is trash so I don't know if you are serious or sarcastic.

He is, its pretty glaring that he is the best talent at the WR position he have had in a long time. Even if its too early to assess if he is a league wide rising star, the simple fact that we have had such a bad history at WR makes him an anomaly around here. Therefore he is special

• Like 1

Just now, QBhunter58 said:

He is, its pretty glaring that he is the best talent at the WR position he have had in a long time. Even if its too early to assess if he is a league wide rising star, the simple fact that we have had such a bad history at WR makes him an anomaly around here. Therefore he is special

He's a true number one. We haven't had many of those. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If he gets hurt it's on you and this thread. 

What's the statute of limitation on that one? We taking whole career out just this season? Lol

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

What's the statute of limitation on that one? We taking whole career out just this season? Lol

Lol not sure but these kind of threads always spell disaster... That being said I agree it's been awhile since we could get excited about a receiver. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lol not sure but these kind of threads always spell disaster... That being said I agree it's been awhile since we could get excited about a receiver. 

It looks like him and the Flyers are all I have to look forward to in professional sports this year lol. Thank God I went to Bama. 

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

And that's with subpar QB play and lackluster playcalling.

Exactly! Can you imagine him with good QB play and a cannon, accurate arm?

I think Smith had a good game, but on a side note can we get Quez Watkins the ball more? That guy seems like he could be pretty good. I’d rather see him more and Reagor less.

• Like 3

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I think Smith had a good game, but on a side note can we get Quez Watkins the ball more? That guy seems like he could be pretty good. I’d rather see him more and Reagor less.

Yeah I was about to say sure, take them away from Reagor lol

• Haha 1

Smith does looks good, despite his size he never backs away from contact. Gainwell also looks pretty useful 

14 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Smith does looks good, despite his size he never backs away from contact. Gainwell also looks pretty useful 

His strength is usually he doesn't even have to deal contact because his route running is so superb. 

8 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

He's the best receiver we have had in years already. And he's only four games into his career. 

Don't Jinx it. He is a fabulous route runner, who gets slammed to the ground like a little girl by the other Teams LBs. He needs to put on some muscles if he wants to prolong his NFL career. 

He looks special. I mean even the last couple of weeks where some fans were worried about him you can still see he's getting open on some plays. Sure he lost out in physical battles but that's hardly a surprise. At least he didn't shy away from them and his route running is special. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He looks special. I mean even the last couple of weeks where some fans were worried about him you can still see he's getting open on some plays. Sure he lost out in physical battles but that's hardly a surprise. At least he didn't shy away from them and his route running is special. 

We destroyed the Dolphins in that trade. I mean I wouldn’t trade Smith for Waddle straight up and it’s increasingly looking likely we get a top 10 pick on top!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

We destroyed the Dolphins in that trade. I mean I wouldn’t trade Smith for Waddle straight up and it’s increasingly looking likely we get a top 10 pick on top!

Oh no doubt about that. I wouldn't have taken Waddle over Smith at the time and 4 weeks in to the year I still wouldn't. Smith has the potential to be special whereas I'm not sure Waddle will. I think Waddle will be a very good player but not special. 

• Like 1

Smith is on pace for just a hair over 1,000 and Quez is just a hair under.

When's the last time we can say we had two WRs that are 1000 yard receivers?

• Like 1

Imagine what Smith and Watkins can do with a legit qb

• Like 1

OMG Smith is starting off to be a good receiver and runs great routes like a receiver is supposed too. Stop calling him special because he can run routes. That's his job. 

17 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

Defense sucks.

You got that right, let's see if dumbarse addresses it in the offseason or trade picks to reach for players the team doesn't need.

The problem with ignoring the defense for so long is now they need so much, Cox is a lazy bum so you need to replace him, all the LBs are trash, then there's the secondary.

• Like 2