Sanders 7 carries for 13 yards.

Gainwell 3 carries for 31 yards.

Hurts threw 48 times

• Like 2

Just now, weko said:

Hurts threw 48 times

Howie's analytics say running is for losers.

If I were a coach I'd tire of answering the media and just say, I didn't call running plays because the owner wants to pass 60 times a game and the GMs analytics tell me to do the same

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Zero turnovers by Hurts.  

He actually had a fumble and an almost pick though. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

He actually had a fumble lost.

No he didn't.  Herbig recovered it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The gameplan needs an overhaul. There is too much reliance on Hurts right now. They need more balance. 

• Like 2

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

No he didn't.  Herbig recovered it.  

Yeah I edited my comment, but he almost had two turnovers today. This offense relies way too much on him right now. 

28 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Cool I wouldn't have known otherwise

Also Hurts ran it 8 times for 47 yards. You may not want to accept it as runs but, it counts as running the ball. That's our offense now. 

Hurts running the ball doesn't mean that you don't give your running backs attempts.  The prominent Vick and Jackson and other running QB offenses like Kaepernick and others had heavy usage of RBs running. 

• Like 1

Heard Jason Avant say he wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles are not running on purpose to see if Hurts can win any games on his own.....

FO doing all due diligence on Hurts possibly, interesting... This season most likely seems a lab experiment...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Zero turnovers by Hurts.  

He fumbled and cost us at least 3 at the half. 

• Like 2

It’s mystifying that Miles Sanders doesn’t get the ball more. However, I’m not really sure why the pass/run ratio is an issue in this game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weko said:

Hurts threw 48 times

When at the beginning of the game they announced how they switched everyone , but Kelce, on offensive line once again..I literally said Ohh Ohh. Waist of Sanders talents. He is a 1000+ runner hiding behind Swiss cheese full of holes offensive line. To make matters worse, I also watched Dallas dominate 3-0 Panthers, with their methodical running game. Pollard is incredible. We have Years of productive improvements to accomplish, before getting to where Dallas is currently. This Sucks.

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Zero turnovers by Hurts.  

That's nice and all, but a turnover on downs is still a turnover. It just avoids a player's statistics. That's the 2nd time this year Hurts threw away a 4th down pass and the 3rd time the Eagles have done this this season (one from Ward). Time to stop worrying about stat sheets and at least try to make a play. There is no excuse to not throw a 50/50 pass into coverage. If Hurts continues to make this mistake, I'll start doubting him and the coaching quickly.

• Like 3

I would rather let the defensive alignment/personnel/game situation dictate the run to pass ratio than some arbitrary quota on TATE.  As long as they're moving the ball like they did today, I don't care if it's all pass or all run.  You can question the play calling/execution in the red zone all you want, but when your defense gives up six TDs in seven drives, it's kind of hard to draw any meaningful conclusions about the play calling, pass/run ratio, or anything else.  It's a moot point.

The irony, of course, is that our game plan on the other side of the ball was clearly to make KC run it - which of course backfired spectacularly to the tune of 200 yards on the ground.  My guess is teams are trying to make Hurts beat them, which is why the ratio is so skewed the last couple weeks.   

• Like 3

I really don't understand the reluctance to run the ball? When they have run the ball they have done so with success. 

• Like 2

Whilst I don’t think running the ball changes the outcome last night. Sanders is averaging 4.5 ypc. I just can’t get my head around not using this man more. If sirianni doesn’t rate / like him then may as well just trade him. Surely he’s worth at least a second that we can waste on another backup qb.

4 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

When at the beginning of the game they announced how they switched everyone , but Kelce, on offensive line once again..I literally said Ohh Ohh. Waist of Sanders talents. He is a 1000+ runner hiding behind Swiss cheese full of holes offensive line. To make matters worse, I also watched Dallas dominate 3-0 Panthers, with their methodical running game. Pollard is incredible. We have Years of productive improvements to accomplish, before getting to where Dallas is currently. This Sucks.

Sorry but I'm not sure that's true, when Doug tried to use him as a lead back last year he missed 5 games, I just don't see a 250 carry a season back, I think they hoped he'd become a Kamara type 1500 scrimmage yards receiving back but then his catching went to crap last year.

10 hours ago, weko said:

Hurts threw 48 times

Why don't you include Hurts 8 and Reagor 1? Is it bc 19run 48pass looks a little better and makes sense when you're trailing? While I agree we need to run more (Hurts included), we did see an improvement in play calling until we get into the RZ then there were some questionable plays and dumb penalties (yes they were legit penalties).

10 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

He fumbled and cost us at least 3 at the half. 

He didn't cost the Eagles 3 points.  If he didn't fumble he would have been sacked at the 50 by a blitzer he came free right up the middle immediately.  Like on many plays yesterday there were pass rushers coming untouched right at him. 

9 hours ago, brkmsn said:

That's nice and all, but a turnover on downs is still a turnover. It just avoids a player's statistics. That's the 2nd time this year Hurts threw away a 4th down pass and the 3rd time the Eagles have done this this season (one from Ward). Time to stop worrying about stat sheets and at least try to make a play. There is no excuse to not throw a 50/50 pass into coverage. If Hurts continues to make this mistake, I'll start doubting him and the coaching quickly.

Maybe time to start blaming Sirianni for his bad play calling. 

• Like 2

It was almost like Siri was acting like a petulant child yesterday - 'Everyone got on me about only running the ball 3 times - I'll show them and run it only a few times more!'

Usually I am not one to whine and complain about a game plan, but I am on this. He has to run the ball more, even if it doesn't work. If the game plan does not get adjusted, teams are going to ignore the run, press the WRs off the line and come after the QB on every down.

I mean they ran few play action calls yesterday. Who were they fooling with that?

We ran it more times than vs Cowgirls...that is an improvement!!!...by the week 10 we may even get to 20 carries by RBs per game(on total of course)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Vlad67 said:

We we ran it more time than vs Cowgirls...that is an improvement!!!...by the week 10 we may even get to 20 carries by RBs per game(on total of course)

Nope.  the RB's are still not getting enough carries.  Needs to be 25+ carries a game by Sanders / Gainwell.

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I really don't understand the reluctance to run the ball? When they have run the ball they have done so with success. 

When Prescott and Mahomes (Andy friggin Reid) are quarterbacking teams that are running the ball effectively why are the Eagles thinking they can beat these teams in a shootout? Their skewed offensive stile and semi-hurry offense is basically giving the other team more time to just gouge their very gassed defense. 

49 minutes ago, Vlad67 said:

We we ran it more time than vs Cowgirls...that is an improvement!!!...by the week 10 we may even get to 20 carries by RBs per game(on total of course)

Baby steps. 😂🤣😂

• Like 1