10 runs, 48 passes

weko

15 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Zero turnovers by Hurts.  

He has done better than Wentz about fumbles which is good.  He nearly threw a couple of ints.  

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I really don't understand the reluctance to run the ball? When they have run the ball they have done so with success. 

The only logical conclusion I can come too is Lurie's influence in the game plan. 

Lurie has gone on record with how obsessed he is with the passing the ball, then he goes out and hires a "yes" man for HC. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

When Prescott and Mahomes (Andy friggin Reid) are quarterbacking teams that are running the ball effectively why are the Eagles thinking they can beat these teams in a shootout? Their skewed offensive stile and semi-hurry offense is basically giving the other team more time to just gouge their very gassed defense. 

I don't know! I really really don't know. That's 2 weeks in a row with a real lack of a run game and it makes no sense. There's no control with this offense at all. 

30 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't know! I really really don't know. That's 2 weeks in a row with a real lack of a run game and it makes no sense. There's no control with this offense at all. 

Maybe the plan for this year truly is to put Hurts under the microscope and see if he can handle the pressure. Whatever is going on it doesn’t feel like they’re truly grasping fundamental offensive play. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Maybe the plan for this year truly is to put Hurts under the microscope and see if he can handle the pressure. Whatever is going on it doesn’t feel like they’re truly grasping fundamental offensive play. 

But I don't think you're really seeing what hurts can do if you just ask him to throw it every play. It takes away some many aspects of any offense. 

41 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But I don't think you're really seeing what hurts can do if you just ask him to throw it every play. It takes away some many aspects of any offense. 

It could be experience. The more he throws, the more defenses throw at him. It’s obvious this season isn’t about winning. It seems like it is about seeing what they have in Hurts. If they’re preparing him for the future I guess they’re letting him take all the lumps now. Anyone who is really trying to say at this point Jalen Hurts doesn’t belong in the NFL is wrong though. I don’t know what he will be as a player, but he has NFL talent. 

8 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Maybe time to start blaming Sirianni for his bad play calling. 

Sirianni obviously needs to improve his plays and play-calling. Also, he needs to coach his players to understand situational football. There is no excuse to "throw away" a pass on 4th down to avoid a "turnover." We have done this now 3 times in 4 games --- twice by Hurts. 

At polar opposites I see two offensive philosophies:

1. You adapt to what the D presents and in a way you are letting the D dictate what you do on offense.  If the box is heavy you throw it etc.  Sirianni appears to be in this camp.  Teams are forcing Hurts to throw it and that will continue until he shows them its better to make them run it.
  2. You hang your hat on what you do well (or want to be) and you do it regardless of what the D shows because you want to dominate them even if they know its coming.  This is the classic 3 yards and a cloud of dust. If you watch the Seahawks this is what Caroll likes to be and its the main reason Wilson rumors about him leaving are happening.  This is NOT Sirianni at all.

Whether the Eagles are testing Hurts or its just #1 above I don't know.  I do wish the Eagles would show the ability to force the run with power even if the D is loading the box because you kind of have to in the red zone.  However, with 4 out of 5 Oline being backups...

Now watch Siri call 25 runs against the Bucs who are probably the best run D in football

• Like 1

13 hours ago, downundermike said:

Nope.  the RB's are still not getting enough carries.  Needs to be 25+ carries a game by Sanders / Gainwell.

And I will also include Boston Scott. 4.7 Yards per attempt in 2020, But in 2021 with Siri ...he is playing cards with Jimmy Hoffa.

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The orders came down from the Holly mountain, where the burning bush whispered, "Evaluate Hurts in 2021 at all Costs". And when Siri tried to reply or ask questions, A furious anger and bolt of lightning struck the Liberty Bell and the voice whispered. "Do what you are told fool, or what happened to the fool before you will happen to you." LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Offense didn't lose the last one in my opinion.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It could be experience. The more he throws, the more defenses throw at him. It’s obvious this season isn’t about winning. It seems like it is about seeing what they have in Hurts. If they’re preparing him for the future I guess they’re letting him take all the lumps now. Anyone who is really trying to say at this point Jalen Hurts doesn’t belong in the NFL is wrong though. I don’t know what he will be as a player, but he has NFL talent. 

Oh no I get that I do. But if you don't run the ball then defenses will set up differently. And once they do that it becomes harder for the QB and also then unrealistic because ultimately no QB plays in a scheme that doesn't run the ball. 

15 hours ago, Birdman said:

The only logical conclusion I can come too is Lurie's influence in the game plan. 

Lurie has gone on record with how obsessed he is with the passing the ball, then he goes out and hires a "yes" man for HC. 

Nice new avatar sir :roll:

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

17 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think a big issue is how bad the D has been playing. When you know KC or Dallas are basically scoring and controlling the clock every time they have the ball it makes it harder to play a balanced offense.

I was less concerned in this last game. The O was moving the ball just fine. Defense, red zone and penalties were the issues. Dallas game was bad on all fronts.

6 hours ago, Infam said:

Offense didn't lose the last one in my opinion.

• Like 3

so has Siriani given any possible explanation for not running the ball yet? is anyone even asking in the Pressers?

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I think a big issue is how bad the D has been playing. When you know KC or Dallas are basically scoring and controlling the clock every time they have the ball it makes it harder to play a balanced offense.

I was less concerned in this last game. The O was moving the ball just fine. Defense, red zone and penalties were the issues. Dallas game was bad on all fronts.

The offense was moving the ball, but they were also running a fast offense. It was like Chip Kelly stuff. Also they’re having the same red zone issues where they never run and are forced to kick field goals. Bottom line is an RPO offense without the (R) is one dimensional. Also with this defense and all of their struggles could use this offense to slow down and keep them off the field. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mr_irie1 said:

Nice new avatar sir :roll:

:lol: thanks! 

• Haha 1

Looks like this is the new NFL. Casual fans love offense, and they really love passing offense. It's probably only a matter of time until a dime corner is considered a starter. 

On 10/3/2021 at 9:17 PM, EazyEaglez said:

The gameplan needs an overhaul. There is too much reliance on Hurts right now. They need more balance. 

Amen could not agree more ,

On 10/5/2021 at 8:50 AM, ManchesterEagle said:

I feel like they’re struggling in the red zone, but they keep calling all of these passes. I would like to see some more runs in that area. Overall I’m a little surprised how much they’re putting on Jalen’s shoulders already. It feels like they want to really evaluate his play even more than winning games, because he’s being asked to do a lot right now. 

On 10/5/2021 at 4:48 PM, EazyEaglez said:

The offense was moving the ball, but they were also running a fast offense. It was like Chip Kelly stuff. Also they’re having the same red zone issues where they never run and are forced to kick field goals. Bottom line is an RPO offense without the (R) is one dimensional. Also with this defense and all of their struggles could use this offense to slow down and keep them off the field. 

Yeah I hear you on that. I guess I’m just more concerned right now with getting Hurts going and he looked pretty good. I think in the red zone it was execution as much as play calling.

That being said the O needs to be more balanced against the Panthers. The D should be able to get some stops against Darnold and the O needs to keep those DEs honest, because if they get to tee off it could be a long day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Yeah I hear you on that. I guess I’m just more concerned right now with getting Hurts going and he looked pretty good. I think in the red zone it was execution as much as play calling.

That being said the O needs to be more balanced against the Panthers. The D should be able to get some stops against Darnold and the O needs to keep those DEs honest, because if they get to tee off it could be a long day.

When the offense gets into the red zone I hope they call a few more runs. They actually have been moving between the 20s fairly well this year, but have been stalling a lot near the goal line. I mean the game where they did the not so Philly Special they were gifted with first and goal at the one and not one rush attempt. They have to do much better in the red zone. 

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

When the offense gets into the red zone I hope they call a few more runs. They actually have been moving between the 20s fairly well this year, but have been stalling a lot near the goal line. I mean the game where they did the not so Philly Special they were gifted with first and goal at the one and not one rush attempt. They have to do much better in the red zone. 

Penalties on both side of the ball at the worst times don't help either.