10 runs, 48 passes

weko

In pre-season, the team was saying that Siri would run the ball more, in reference to his preference in previous gigs.  That has not been the case thus far with our team.  Sanders has not been used that much.  Gainswell got solid number of touches, though more as receiver than runner.  Scott has had very few touches.  Howard is still in PS.  Will this change or stay the same?

I mean more runs would have been nice but they moved the ball at will so it’s hard to be mad. The stupid penalties were the real issue. Those took 3 TDs off the board. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

In pre-season, the team was saying that Siri would run the ball more, in reference to his preference in previous gigs.  That has not been the case thus far with our team.  Sanders has not been used that much.  Gainswell got solid number of touches, though more as receiver than runner.  Scott has had very few touches.  Howard is still in PS.  Will this change or stay the same?

Seems like they don’t fully trust Sanders as a receiver. He did drop quite a few last season and reports from camp made it seem like he was dropping a lot of balls still. Could be that because there are so many RPOs in the offense, they want that versatility of a back who can rush and receive equally well. 

I think they see Gainwell as a more complete back in the run and pass game. 

I know its been floating around for a couple of days but the message is just so good... run the damn ball

• Like 2

2 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

I know its been floating around for a couple of days but the message is just so good... run the damn ball

See I know we want to see more runs but ultimately the offense functioned well on Sunday. And a lot of the passes were really an extension of the run game. 

I still hated the playcalling in the KC game. Granted, our defense is what really cost us, but the coaches are still putting too much on Hurts' shoulders.

2 hours ago, MF POON said:

I still hated the playcalling in the KC game. Granted, our defense is what really cost us, but the coaches are still putting too much on Hurts' shoulders.

Huh? They put up 30 points. They had 3 TDs taken off the board. Ward had a catch he would of made that would have been another. Hurts had over 350 yards with no turnovers. I'm not sure how we can hate the play calling there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Huh? They put up 30 points. They had 3 TDs taken off the board. Ward had a catch he would of made that would have been another. Hurts had over 350 yards with no turnovers. I'm not sure how we can hate the play calling there.

1 of the ones that was taken off the board was right after Hurts missed a wide open Ertz. Other then that agreed

9 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

Sometimes fans don’t get it, same for analysts who may have never played football in High School and think running the ball is basically useless.  
 Running the ball means your offensive line gets to be the hammer, and not the nail. Instead of using 300 plus pounds to sit back and let a D linemen or linebacker push you back, get in your chest, play after play and game after game, you get to blast their asses off the line, run blocking is the reason fat guys play football in the first place.  You get to wear down down the defense by exerting your force on to the opposing player and watch them limp off the field after a pancake.  That’s football!! That’s what Staley is talking about.  No you don’t have to run the ball 30 times a game, but 15 -18 times is reasonable and makes everyone on offense much happier.

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

1 of the ones that was taken off the board was right after Hurts missed a wide open Ertz. Other then that agreed

Ok that's fair but still had 3 TDs taken off the board and they missed on 2 TDs and they still put up 30. If you put up 30 points at home you'd expect to win more often than not. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok that's fair but still had 3 TDs taken off the board and they missed on 2 TDs and they still put up 30. If you put up 30 points at home you'd expect to win more often than not. 

I'd like to see the offense do this kind of stuff against good defenses though. So far they lit up really bad defenses and were bad and really bad against good defenses. 

On 10/3/2021 at 9:15 PM, EazyEaglez said:

He actually had a fumble and an almost pick though. 

Ah yes. The almost pick. As glorious as the almost TD.

On 10/8/2021 at 10:27 AM, nipples said:

I mean more runs would have been nice but they moved the ball at will so it’s hard to be mad. The stupid penalties were the real issue. Those took 3 TDs off the board. 

This team is making to many penalties poor coaching during the week.

34 minutes ago, rickospia said:

This team is making to many penalties poor coaching during the week.

That’s my gut reaction but they were also one of the most penalized teams in the league last year with a whole different coaching staff. 

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

And that's the thing. Nobody on here is arguing that you need to run the ball more than pass to win in the NFL. You don't. But you do need to strike a good balance and right now the Eagles do not have that. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And that's the thing. Nobody on here is arguing that you need to run the ball more than pass to win in the NFL. You don't. But you do need to strike a good balance and right now the Eagles do not have that. 

They aren't going to either. Not with Lurie in charge. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They aren't going to either. Not with Lurie in charge. 

I certainly don't disagree with that bud. It seems very clear that Lurie and Howie are going to influence the HC and force more passes.

16 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I certainly don't disagree with that bud. It seems very clear that Lurie and Howie are going to influence the HC and force more passes.

Lurie flat out said it in the article I posted. It's becoming more clear why we have seen what the run game became what it is over the last how many years. Doug had Wentz drop back more then any rookie QB in history. Now we are seeing it again 

• Like 1

I don't understand why they keep drafting running backs.  Sanders isn't worth his roster spot if he never gets the ball.

43 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lurie flat out said it in the article I posted. It's becoming more clear why we have seen what the run game became what it is over the last how many years. Doug had Wentz drop back more then any rookie QB in history. Now we are seeing it again 

Well it's ridiculous. I don't know why Lurie and Howie think they know football better than anyone else!

26 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well it's ridiculous. I don't know why Lurie and Howie think they know football better than anyone else!

If Lurie has this much influence on what is being called on the field we are screwed even when Howie gets fired or if he ever does. 

• Like 2