Siri Rips Gannon in meeting about his Lame Defense

Talonblood

4 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Yup read this, disappointed in Gannon, I was expecting he'd be a little more creative, he's run mainly zone and the only ingenuity is he sometimes runs a 34 front and sometimes a 43 front but almost always zone behind where he drops 7 and rushes four.

It's not fooling any one.

I'm also disappointed in the players, Cox can whine all he wants he's played horrible, he's been in a 34 before and him complaining about being moved around is a sad excuse, Reggie white never complained about moving around, the greats can move around and be effective, it's not like he's rookie.

Slay if he can only Excel playing one particular coverage than he's not worth the money he's being paid, elite corners Excel in multiple cover schemes.

Slay and Cox are the defenses highest paid players, Cox the teams highest paid, both need to play like it and stop making excuses.

Having said that would probably benefit them both if someone told Gannon that it's not pre season anymore so he's can stray away from the vanilla play book.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup read this, disappointed in Gannon, I was expecting he'd be a little more creative, he's run mainly zone and the only ingenuity is he sometimes runs a 34 front and sometimes a 43 front but almost always zone behind where he drops 7 and rushes four.

It's not fooling any one.

I'm also disappointed in the players, Cox can whine all he wants he's played horrible, he's been in a 34 before and him complaining about being moved around is a sad excuse, Reggie white never complained about movie around, the greats can move around and be effective, it's not like he's rookie.

Slay if he can only Excel playing one particular coverage than he's not worth the money he's being paid, elite corners Excel in multiple cover schemes.

Slay and Cox are the defenses highest paid players, Cox the teams highest paid, both need to play like it and stop making excuses.

Having said that would probably benefit them both if someone told Gannon that it's not pre season anymore so he's can stray away from the vanilla play book.

Gannon looks like he is in over his head.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rickospia said:

Gannon looks like he is in over his head.

I don't know that he's in over his head I think he's just calling scared.

One cant drop  safeties 20 yards every play because one Is afraid to get beat deep especially when I es LBs are so Ineffective.

Gannon doesn't have alot to work with, the. d line other than hargrave since graham went down have been horrible, the LBs were never boy horrible and the safeties have been invisible. 

Slay hasnt made any plays and while Nelson is an upgrade over Maddox in the outside, that hasn't really mattered.

The D lacks playmakers so not surprised they aren't making plays.

Gannon still needs to be better as do The players

• Like 2

Good.  Glad Siri has some balls.  Tough love is sometimes necessary. 

• Like 5

I've never felt good about this coaching staff and I have a feeling that we'll be in the market for a new one in a year or three. 

• Like 4

This whole coaching staff is not ready, they weren't ready when they were hired.

Don't see them lasting long.

• Like 3

Both Siri and Gannon have a lot to learn when it comes to coming up with a good game plan and how to adjust to what the opposition is doing.  Everyone knew there would be a learning curve with these guys (and with the players since they are learning new assignments in the new schemes).  We’re 4 games in … still too early to judge.  Let’s see where we are in a December before calling for heads.  

• Like 3

I like that the HC isn't happy and showed it to his DC but it being public isn't good IMO

• Like 6

I hope Gannon turns it around but right now it sounds a lot like what was said about Sean McDermott when he got fired. 

8 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

I hope Gannon turns it around but right now it sounds a lot like what was said about Sean McDermott when he got fired. 

Great so we will ditch his ass to soon and he will go on to be a great D coordinator and good head coach elsewhere. 

Marcus Hayes and the Inquirer have to be pissed at this guy and the Philly Voice for this.  He got the scoop of this story and they hid it behind a paywall but now this guy is going to get more clicks leaking this story through quotes and commentary in his piece.  

3 hours ago, Portyansky said:

I was really hoping we would have signed Quinn. Thought he would have been a help to Siri as well.

Yeah, I hear ya. This offense- it looks like it could work if given a chance, but the D? I can't stand hearing Gannon saying h"doesn't have a scheme." You HAVE to have a freekin scheme, or your players are lost out there. Siri heard enough of that exact statement, too. You can't just fly by the seat of your pants every game and keep changing EVERYTHING you do every week. Players...well, hell, nobody can do that in the NFL. You have a scheme and you make adjustments. 

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Both Siri and Gannon have a lot to learn when it comes to coming up with a good game plan and how to adjust to what the opposition is doing.  Everyone knew there would be a learning curve with these guys (and with the players since they are learning new assignments in the new schemes).  We’re 4 games in … still too early to judge.  Let’s see where we are in a December before calling for heads.  

I hear ya. I have more confidence Siri will get it together, but not so sure about Gannon right now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

I hear ya. I have more confidence Siri will get it together, but not so sure about Gannon right now.

Why don't you get it together ya SOB!! 

On the radio they were talking about how Gannon doesn’t like to run dime packages and they were begging the Eagles to do so, bu who do they have to run a dime anyways? Does anyone really want to see McPherson out there right now? He was getting cooked all preseason. I mean if the Eagles are going to pick a short corner in the draft the guy better be fast. McPherson is small and slow. Howie and his picks for the secondary are just odd. 

7 hours ago, rickospia said:

If he can;t turn it around they may have to replace him.

Siri should’ve picked a veteran defensive coordinator like Andy Reid did and how Dougwas forced to get. It might not have been all his fault considering how late he got the job, but he still could’ve picked a veteran presence. 

I don't buy the article where it says that the message didn't hit home as Gannon on Tuesday said he still had no scheme. If that's his message to the media then he isn't going to change that necessarily. Its what we see on the field that is going to really matter. 

43 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Seven possessions and six touchdowns. That’s woefully bad by this defense. 

And people got on about the lack of run game again but actually I think limiting KC to just 7 drives is pretty good? That's got to be their lowest number this year so far?

• Like 2

I'm glad to at least see a head coach tell it like it is, hold someone accountable and chew their a_s-s_es out. Last one to do that was.... Buddy Ryan. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've never felt good about this coaching staff and I have a feeling that we'll be in the market for a new one in a year or three. 

Neither have I.  I wish we had promoted Duce Staley.  

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't buy the article where it says that the message didn't hit home as Gannon on Tuesday said he still had no scheme. If that's his message to the media then he isn't going to change that necessarily. Its what we see on the field that is going to really matter. 

If Gannon thinks his no scheme approach is putting his players in better position to succeed then he’s mistaken.