Siri Rips Gannon in meeting about his Lame Defense

Talonblood

21 hours ago, Utebird said:

I don't know that he's in over his head I think he's just calling scared.

You nailed it.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 4:53 PM, Talonblood said:

Siri got pissed and let Gannon have it in a meeting.

Sirianni is directing his disappointment at the wrong guy, he should take his complaints to Dumbarse, he just has to cknowledge that he's gonna have a sheety defense this year as long as they field those sorry-arsed defenders that Dumbarse hand picked.

On 10/8/2021 at 5:29 PM, Utebird said:

almost always zone behind where he drops 7 and rushes four.

he's can stray away from the vanilla play book.

Sounds like Schwartz all over again.

The problem with these guys is they aren't aggressive, you can't expect the DL to carry your entire defense, especially when they're not pressuring the QB.

They have to bring a LB, CB, or S to help get pressure on the QB, they know the secondary is sorry.....help them out!!

• Like 2

On 10/8/2021 at 6:21 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've never felt good about this coaching staff and I have a feeling that we'll be in the market for a new one in a year or three. 

Lord help me if we have three more years of this. 

On 10/8/2021 at 6:07 PM, Utebird said:

Gannon doesn't have alot to work with,

This is why Sirianni is out of line as far as I'm concerned.

41 minutes ago, Columbus Eagle said:

Lord help me if we have three more years of this. 

We won't. Lowie hired this coaching staff in a state of desperation. They never expected to fire Doug and were caught off guard with the sudden coaching search.

They'll fire Siri after this year and bring in someone they really want to hire.

• Sad 1

On 10/9/2021 at 9:10 AM, Mike030270 said:

I like that the HC isn't happy and showed it to his DC but it being public isn't good IMO

Yes, this is a really bad sign WRT Siri's leadership. But the Eagles have had too many leaks for years. 

The defense needs to feed of the offense  once in a while and get the offense more possessions and not let teams March down the field every possession.  When the offense scores defense can get aggressive and try and give them more opportunities. D needs take some chances especially their giving up TD’s every possession anyways  

And the offense need to run the ball and sustain drives to help the defense.  

none of that’s happening right now. 

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Sounds like Schwartz all over again.

The problem with these guys is they aren't aggressive, you can't expect the DL to carry your entire defense, especially when they're not pressuring the QB.

They have to bring a LB, CB, or S to help get pressure on the QB, they know the secondary is sorry.....help them out!!

Especially when they are giving up touchdowns anyways.  What do you have to lose?  Be aggressive 

5 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Sirianni is directing his disappointment at the wrong guy, he should take his complaints to Dumbarse, he just has to cknowledge that he's gonna have a sheety defense this year as long as they field those sorry-arsed defenders that Dumbarse hand picked.

I definitely hear you on that. But Siri knew even those **** payers could stop the run if the sorry a_s_s scheme attacked and didn't just sit there passive and getting picked apart. Gannon is a joke right now. He won't attack- and Siri isn't having that sheeeaaaught.

I wonder if it goes back to the draft argument between Donahue and Howie when he traded out of 70 to 73 and the Lions took McNeil at 72, and left the Eagles with Williams. Milton is getting a lot more playing time  but McNeil does have 11 tackles in limited time and he’s a NT, probably 30 lbs heavier than Milton.

If Donahue was trying to get McNeil for Gannon, Howie pretty much told them both who the boss was. Gannon will scheme what Howie tells him to scheme.  Hopefully it didn’t go down like this but anythings possible with that front office.   
 Gannon saying he doesn’t have a scheme and doesn’t play in the dime, didn’t come off as really happy dude.  He better get it turned around against the Panthers or Fletch won’t be only guy in the news next week moaning about his position. 

8 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

I wonder if it goes back to the draft argument between Donahue and Howie when he traded out of 70 to 73 and the Lions took McNeil at 72, and left the Eagles with Williams. Milton is getting a lot more playing time  but McNeil does have 11 tackles in limited time and he’s a NT, probably 30 lbs heavier than Milton.

If Donahue was trying to get McNeil for Gannon, Howie pretty much told them both who the boss was. Gannon will scheme what Howie tells him to scheme.  Hopefully it didn’t go down like this but anythings possible with that front office.   
 Gannon saying he doesn’t have a scheme and doesn’t play in the dime, didn’t come off as really happy dude.  He better get it turned around against the Panthers or Fletch won’t be only guy in the news next week moaning about his position. 

I don't kow, if McNeil's time is limited as a high third-round draft pick, that doesn't speak well either.

Usually for a very green young innovative offensive head coach a good organization hires a veteran defensive coordinator to alleviate that stress. This is what i was concerned about when they announced the hiring. It's like walking into a hospital and pulling out all of the surgeons and replacing them with residents. What could go wrong!?

• Like 1

Gannon will be fired before next season. Having the HC's and star defensive player's frustration leaked to the media makes Gannon at best the fall guy for a sheet season in what should be viewed as a rebuilding year. 

31 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Gannon will be fired before next season. Having the HC's and star defensive player's frustration leaked to the media makes Gannon at best the fall guy for a sheet season in what should be viewed as a rebuilding year. 

We already had 3 fall guys last year, Doug, Wentz, Schwartz.

It's a rebuilding year...if the suck this year ends up being so overwhelming that it can't be brushed off under the umbrella excuse of a rebuilding year, you really can't blame the coaches.  Howie is out of fall guys.

12 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Especially when they are giving up touchdowns anyways.  What do you have to lose?  Be aggressive 

At least if we get hit with a big play we won't be nickel and dimed for these 7+ minute drives constantly.

On 10/8/2021 at 8:10 PM, Mike030270 said:

I like that the HC isn't happy and showed it to his DC but it being public isn't good IMO

There’re always a leak at the Novacare complex.  Nothing ever stays within those walls.  Ever.  

I’m still waiting for all the turnovers Gannon promised.  Remember he said they were going to be aggressive on the ball?!?  Where is that!?! 

12 minutes ago, DBW said:

There’re always a leak at the Novacare complex.  Nothing ever stays within those walls.  Ever.  

I’m still waiting for all the turnovers Gannon promised.  Remember he said they were going to be aggressive on the ball?!?  Where is that!?! 

There were a lot of happy and excited people on here when he was hired

At least he doesn’t need to deal with CMC today. I think the defense would have been shredded if he was playing

If there ever was a year for a DC to go crazy and call all out blitzes and wild disguises, it's year 1. Gannon's ultra conservative approach is merely a defense of slow death. I'd rather his defense gets beat being aggressive rather than picked apart because it's passive. Either way, they need better players and even at this early point in the season, draft position is looming large. He should push every player to their limits so that he (or his replacement) knows what he has to work with and what he needs from a personnel standpoint. Stuff always looks good on paper but it's pointless if the players can't do it.

• Like 1

Darnold isn't a Mahomes or Prescott-caliber of player, so our D should be able to keep him in check.

However, If this D gets rips to shreds today, Gannon is in serious trouble and probably won't make it to the end of the season...

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

We already had 3 fall guys last year, Doug, Wentz, Schwartz.

It's a rebuilding year...if the suck this year ends up being so overwhelming that it can't be brushed off under the umbrella excuse of a rebuilding year, you really can't blame the coaches.  Howie is out of fall guys.

Lol. No he’s not. Howie isn’t leaving. 

23 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

There were a lot of happy and excited people on here when he was hired

At least he doesn’t need to deal with CMC today. I think the defense would have been shredded if he was playing

I didn’t hate the hire. He seemed to talk a good game, saying how fast they would play and aggressive, thrive in takeaways, etc.  nothing he said has held true as of yet.  Just disappointing so far.  I’m willing to give him the season.  We didn’t expect a super bowl run this year.  

24 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

If there ever was a year for a DC to go crazy and call all out blitzes and wild disguises, it's year 1. Gannon's ultra conservative approach is merely a defense of slow death. I'd rather his defense gets beat being aggressive rather than picked apart because it's passive. Either way, they need better players and even at this early point in the season, draft position is looming large. He should push every player to their limits so that he (or his replacement) knows what he has to work with and what he needs from a personnel standpoint. Stuff always looks good on paper but it's pointless if the players can't do it.

Yeah the "no identity” identity is such a crock of shite.  It’s a lame excuse for a guy that doesn’t know HOW to build an identity.  He wants us to believe he’s a genius for not allowing offenses to scout and know what they’ll be doing, but the fact he’s in zone 98% of the time is all teams need to know.  Good teams pick it apart.  As evident the past two weeks.  

7 minutes ago, DBW said:

Yeah the "no identity” identity is such a crock of shite.  It’s a lame excuse for a guy that doesn’t know HOW to build an identity.  He wants us to believe he’s a genius for not allowing offenses to scout and know what they’ll be doing, but the fact he’s in zone 98% of the time is all teams need to know.  Good teams pick it apart.  As evident the past two weeks.  

I agree. We have a similar thing on the other side of the ball too. The offense is far too pass happy. They are literally doing what DC's lose sleep over figuring out how to do. They are making their own team one dimensional. It's the preamble to the charter of crazy town. In the end, my focus is split between watching games, looking for existing player development, and the next 2 drafts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I agree. We have a similar thing on the other side of the ball too. The offense is far too pass happy. They are literally doing what DC's lose sleep over figuring out how to do. They are making their own team one dimensional. It's the preamble to the charter of crazy town. In the end, my focus is split between watching games, looking for existing player development, and the next 2 drafts.

Exactly how I feel!